Jump to content
evita mgfs

[Book Spoilers All] Bran’s Growing Powers in S6 Based upon the Reread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That's a good point. Combining this with footage from the other trailers, it could be here that the Nights King reaches out to grab him. This could be a bit of a reference to Bran looking into the heart of winter and being afraid. But still begs the question, what exactly is it he sees which is so terrifying?

On a semi-related note, I think the books do a good job of subtly explaining why he doesn't dwell on what he saw. He is repressing it (Quick Freud, case study! :lol: ) much like he represses other trauma to protect himself, such as Jaime throwing him from the tower (BR helps with that). 

No doubt! 

His first response when he wakes up is to name his direwolf Summer. That shyte had to have been bad. 

Edited by The Fattest Leech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALERT:  MY MOM SENT ME THIS ARTICLE ON BRAN:  GOOD STUFF!

http://tvline.com/2016/04/20/game-of-thrones-season-6-bran-warg-standing/

Men of 'Game of Thrones' EXCLUSIVE Interview

Men of 'Game of Thrones' EXCLUSIVE Interview

Good Morning America:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/exclusive-cast-interview-men-game-thrones-38528059

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the article on Bran:  What does everyone think?

" . . . Bran hasn’t appeared on screen since arriving at the Three-Eyed Raven’s cave in the Season 4 finale. Hempstead-Wright previews that Bran’s trajectory mirrors his siblings’ journeys — right down to the kidnappings and zombies.

 

“In that way that all of the Stark kids have had to grow up and shoulder that much more responsibility, he’s got to do it this season, as well,” the actor says, adding that Bran must “use his powers to do what he has to do.”

But what are those powers, exactly? The character has had prophetic dreams since Season 1, and he’s demonstrated the ability to meld minds with not only his direwolf but also his faithful servant/mode of transportation Hodor. Hempstead-Wright previews that we’ll find that Ned Stark’s son has developed “a zen, all-knowing sense about him. He’s kind of separated from himself. He’s on a higher level of consciousness.”

And any absence will more than be made up for: He adds that Bran is around “a lot more than [in] previous seasons. This is his biggest season.” — With reporting by Michael Ausiello

Do you have theories about what Bran will bring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

~snipped~

 

Do you have theories about what Bran will bring?

At the moment, for tv Bran (not baby Bran anymore), I am assuming we will see more of what book Bran saw on his way down to the ground after Jaime pushed him.

Maybe the Lands of Always Winter?

Maybe past executions... or were they blood sacrifices?

Maybe Winterfell before it was built which would maybe, possibly give us a glimpse down in the often discussed beginning of the crypts?

I hope we see Lyanna and her brothers play-fighting with swords and her in the lead. That is important for both an Arya link and a Jon link.

I think (maybe others have already mentioned this) Bran will see the stabbing of Jon and that may trigger another "power" in him? Something he can do from far away in the real-time world for healing. The show left Val and Morna out of the mix, a huge disappointment, so we need someone to help guide things along in the stabby-stabby department.

Oh, and Jojen. I hope there is some acknowledgment of Jojen. form him and Meera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm overwhelmed with the new info ....listening to the interviews right noww

 

 

 

 

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

. Hempstead-Wright previews that we’ll find that Ned Stark’s son has developed “a zen, all-knowing sense about him. He’s kind of separated from himself. He’s on a higher level of consciousness.”

 

And any absence will more than be made up for: He adds that Bran is around “a lot more than [in] previous seasons. This is his biggest season.” — With reporting by Michael Ausiello

 

Do you have theories about what Bran will bring?

A lot more....seriously, only visions? Or more powers? Higher level of consciousness.........only seeing or...more????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

At the moment, for tv Bran (not baby Bran anymore), I am assuming we will see more of what book Bran saw on his way down to the ground after Jaime pushed him.

Maybe the Lands of Always Winter?

Maybe past executions... or were they blood sacrifices?

Maybe Winterfell before it was built which would maybe, possibly give us a glimpse down in the often discussed beginning of the crypts?

I hope we see Lyanna and her brothers play-fighting with swords and her in the lead. That is important for both an Arya link and a Jon link.

I think (maybe others have already mentioned this) Bran will see the stabbing of Jon and that may trigger another "power" in him? Something he can do from far away in the real-time world for healing. The show left Val and Morna out of the mix, a huge disappointment, so we need someone to help guide things along in the stabby-stabby department.

Oh, and Jojen. I hope there is some acknowledgment of Jojen. form him and Meera.

Most definitely:  I want to see the Knight of the Laughing Tree played out, with Rhaegar and Lyanna and Howland Reed.

Did you hear anything about Hodor being at the Tower of Joy with Ned Stark?

KBF and I talked about Bran's influence at the Wall - but we were addressing the novels.  We thought that BR would be at the Wall and Bran with Theon/Stannis.  But we do not have to worry about Stannis anymore, do we?  So Bran will be assisting Jon, I hope I hope.  Or helping Ghost adjust with a warg inside him - I hope I hope.

I hope poor Jojen is addressed.  Since Meera cut his throat, D&D may imply Jojen was sacrificed to the heart tree so that Bran could live for the realms of men.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I'm overwhelmed with the new info ....listening to the interviews right noww

Guess what?  The GoT dudes are going to be on "Good Morning America" all week, so we will have some snippet every day this week.

I adored the chemistry among the guys,  Bran says a fan tried to pick him up like Hodor does - that was pretty funny.

I am happy that for once I was the first to post a good video and article - both courtesy of my mom who called me at 7 am to tell me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Most definitely:  I want to see the Knight of the Laughing Tree played out, with Rhaegar and Lyanna and Howland Reed.

Did you hear anything about Hodor being at the Tower of Joy with Ned Stark?

KBF and I talked about Bran's influence at the Wall - but we were addressing the novels.  We thought that BR would be at the Wall and Bran with Theon/Stannis.  But we do not have to worry about Stannis anymore, do we?  So Bran will be assisting Jon, I hope I hope.  Or helping Ghost adjust with a warg inside him - I hope I hope.

I hope poor Jojen is addressed.  Since Meera cut his throat, D&D may imply Jojen was sacrificed to the heart tree so that Bran could live for the realms of men.

Guess what?  The GoT dudes are going to be on "Good Morning America" all week, so we will have some snippet every day this week.

I adored the chemistry among the guys,  Bran says a fan tried to pick him up like Hodor does - that was pretty funny.

I am happy that for once I was the first to post a good video and article - both courtesy of my mom who called me at 7 am to tell me!

There's something more I read today:

People seem to agree that “The Red Woman” ends with a bang, but Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark) warns us that it’s just the beginning. “Brace yourself for more,” he said. “There are things happening this season that are going to be remembered as the biggest events that ever happened on Game of Thrones. We look back and we think about the Red Wedding, Hardhome…imagine rolling all of that into one ball. That’s some of what you can expect for season six. It’s just one [scream] after another. It’s crazy. It’s so good.”

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/20/game-of-thrones-cast-members-predict-reactions-to-the-ending-of-the-season-6-premiere/

I want Bran involved since the very beginning!

 

LOL! And "Tormund" picked him up again!

 

And also this from winteriscoming:

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/20/the-heros-journey-in-game-of-thrones-brandon-stark/

The Hero Journey: Bran Stark

 

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

A lot more....seriously, only visions? Or more powers? Higher level of consciousness.........only seeing or...more????

Well, I really liked the idea of Bran's omniscience, :wub:which suggests that he will know where his siblings are, and maybe, just maybe, he will reach out to them as he does in the novels.  However, they eliminated all Bran's connections with Theon, so who knows?

I do not like Issaac's black frames, do you?  He is handsome enough without them.  Maybe he is subliminally communicating that he has three eyes and one?  [Joking!]:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Most definitely:  I want to see the Knight of the Laughing Tree played out, with Rhaegar and Lyanna and Howland Reed.

Did you hear anything about Hodor being at the Tower of Joy with Ned Stark?

KBF and I talked about Bran's influence at the Wall - but we were addressing the novels.  We thought that BR would be at the Wall and Bran with Theon/Stannis.  But we do not have to worry about Stannis anymore, do we?  So Bran will be assisting Jon, I hope I hope.  Or helping Ghost adjust with a warg inside him - I hope I hope.

I hope poor Jojen is addressed.  Since Meera cut his throat, D&D may imply Jojen was sacrificed to the heart tree so that Bran could live for the realms of men.

Guess what?  The GoT dudes are going to be on "Good Morning America" all week, so we will have some snippet every day this week.

I adored the chemistry among the guys,  Bran says a fan tried to pick him up like Hodor does - that was pretty funny.

I am happy that for once I was the first to post a good video and article - both courtesy of my mom who called me at 7 am to tell me!

No I did not. Do I want to hear this version??? Feel free to share a link or story or whatever that explains this.

I have no doubt BR will be at the wall... in the books, he is already there. I am not sure about on screen. Mel has not had that connection with BR yet.

Book Stannis we still have to worry about. He is alive and has placed Shireen as queen should he die. TV Stannis, most likely a lost cause at this point. So yeah, no worries there :dunno:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Well, I really liked the idea of Bran's omniscience, :wub:which suggests that he will know where his siblings are, and maybe, just maybe, he will reach out to them as he does in the novels.  However, they eliminated all Bran's connections with Theon, so who knows?

I do not like Issaac's black frames, do you?  He is handsome enough without them.  Maybe he is subliminally communicating that he has three eyes and one?  [Joking!]:o

Do you think he wears them only for fashion? Maybe he needs them...

That would be hilarious!

He is very good-looking and talented, with or without glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

There's something more I read today:

People seem to agree that “The Red Woman” ends with a bang, but Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark) warns us that it’s just the beginning. “Brace yourself for more,” he said. “There are things happening this season that are going to be remembered as the biggest events that ever happened on Game of Thrones. We look back and we think about the Red Wedding, Hardhome…imagine rolling all of that into one ball. That’s some of what you can expect for season six. It’s just one [scream] after another. It’s crazy. It’s so good.”

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/20/game-of-thrones-cast-members-predict-reactions-to-the-ending-of-the-season-6-premiere/

I want Bran involved since the very beginning!

 

LOL! And "Tormund" picked him up again!

 

And also this from winteriscoming:

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/20/the-heros-journey-in-game-of-thrones-brandon-stark/

The Hero Journey: Bran Stark

 

Okay, before I link up with the goods, I am wondering if my pet theory may come to pass - where Bran will turn stone to flesh - and raise the Starks and their direwolves from the crypts to do battle.  Probably not - but it is something epic that would blow our minds.  
And the Titan of Braavos will be animated as well - I am so excited, I am rambling off all my crazy wishes! Sorry!  I will go read and watch what you posted.  Thanks, Meera!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Most definitely:  I want to see the Knight of the Laughing Tree played out, with Rhaegar and Lyanna and Howland Reed.

Did you hear anything about Hodor being at the Tower of Joy with Ned Stark?

KBF and I talked about Bran's influence at the Wall - but we were addressing the novels.  We thought that BR would be at the Wall and Bran with Theon/Stannis.  But we do not have to worry about Stannis anymore, do we?  So Bran will be assisting Jon, I hope I hope.  Or helping Ghost adjust with a warg inside him - I hope I hope.

I hope poor Jojen is addressed.  Since Meera cut his throat, D&D may imply Jojen was sacrificed to the heart tree so that Bran could live for the realms of men.

 

With only Meera left as a Reed, they should be talking about HR

Hodor??No idea

Yes, it will be adressed. Didn't Ellie say something about it in the interview?

 

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Do you think he wears them only for fashion? Maybe he needs them...

That would be hilarious!

He is very good-looking and talented, with or without glasses.

On screen he is still "baby Bran" to me. He was an awfully cute little kid. He still is, but now he is a tall young man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

On screen he is still "baby Bran" to me. He was an awfully cute little kid. He still is, but now he is a tall young man.

Bran has grown up before our eyes.  I feel like a mother to him, as I am a mother figure for you, Leech.  I am so motherly and maternal, that must be as a result of my mother naming me for the Virgin Mother of God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Hodor??No idea

Yes, it will be adressed. Didn't Ellie say something about it in the interview?

 

Yes, she did say that Jojen's death will be dealt with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, evita mgfs said:

Okay, before I link up with the goods, I am wondering if my pet theory may come to pass - where Bran will turn stone to flesh - and raise the Starks and their direwolves from the crypts to do battle.  Probably not - but it is something epic that would blow our minds.  
And the Titan of Braavos will be animated as well - I am so excited, I am rambling off all my crazy wishes! Sorry!  I will go read and watch what you posted.  Thanks, Meera!

The Titan of Braavos could wiggle his toes, but no more. His main body is metal (bronze?). And I think there is a bigger Titan in mind that needs to tumble... Littlefinger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

With only Meera left as a Reed, they should be talking about HR

Hodor??No idea

Yes, it will be adressed. Didn't Ellie say something about it in the interview?

 

I had my son listening to the Eddard Tower of Jot chapter in the car the other day. He really, really likes the story and he will add a line into everyday language just to make me happy... Anyway... I was listening to that chapter the other day with my son and I explained the importance of H Reed, and I have to say, I am super excited for him to appear. (screen, but preferably book)

Then I came across this passage again and got chills: Game, Tyrion 8

The left of the left. To turn their flank, the Starks would need horses that could run on water. Tyrion led his men toward the riverbank. "Look," he shouted, pointing with his axe. "The river." A blanket of pale mist still clung to the surface of the water, the murky green current swirling past underneath. The shallows were muddy and choked with reeds. "That river is ours. Whatever happens, keep close to the water. Never lose sight of it. Let no enemy come between us and our river. If they dirty our waters, hack off their cocks and feed them to the fishes."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I had my son listening to the Eddard Tower of Jot chapter in the car the other day. He really, really likes the story and he will add a line into everyday language just to make me happy... Anyway... I was listening to that chapter the other day with my son and I explained the importance of H Reed, and I have to say, I am super excited for him to appear. (screen, but preferably book)

Then I came across this passage again and got chills: Game, Tyrion 8

The left of the left. To turn their flank, the Starks would need horses that could run on water. Tyrion led his men toward the riverbank. "Look," he shouted, pointing with his axe. "The river." A blanket of pale mist still clung to the surface of the water, the murky green current swirling past underneath. The shallows were muddy and choked with reeds. "That river is ours. Whatever happens, keep close to the water. Never lose sight of it. Let no enemy come between us and our river. If they dirty our waters, hack off their cocks and feed them to the fishes."

Reed's territory??LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×