BBC Line of Duty [SPOILERS] s1 to present

red snow

I've watched the first two episodes, and I'm loving it so far.  But it does kind of boil down to people doing stupid shit to stay out of a sticky situation that would have complicated their life for a time but not derail it

I mean sure Tandie went over to confront the guy, but he pushed her, thought he killed her, and when she woke up she's on plastic with him firing up power tools to dispose of her body!  Anything she does to protect herself at that point would have been completely justified!  Why flee the scene, with his laptop, cover up that she was ever there, and then tamper with evidence in the police lock up??  You're just making a bad situation so much worse!

Really looking forward to finishing it.

Thandie Newton is definitely having a good year with her perfomance in West World. She's become an A list TV actress - wonder if this will bring her juicier roles in movies?

She was pretty damning of UK TV in an interview saying how it's really hard for black actors to get roles due to the current obsession with period dramas which doesn't provide much in terms of roles. Although she must be pleased with Line of Duty at least.

speculation for series 5 including series 4 spoilers

I wonder if her character will turn up again? Usually if they don't die they turn up again although in this case it might be too similar to what happened with Keeley Hawes character.

• 8 months later...

Line Of Duty to start filming fifth series in autumn 2018

The excellent Adrian Dunbar (aka Ted Hastings) was caught on the red carpet by the Radio Times, saying:

"We’ll be shooting the next series at the end of this year, some time in the autumn, so sadly we’ll all have to wait until 2019 to find out what happens to us all. I haven’t seen anything, Jed hasn’t told us anything, we’re all keeping our fingers crossed that we’re not bumped off."

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

the erratic scheduling of the BBC. It's good they are allowed to do at their own pace but we got 3and4 within a year and now what looks like a 2 year wait for 5. Hopefully they film 6 pretty much back to back.

• 4 months later...

Guns are drawn in new Line of Duty | EXCLUSIVE TEASER - BBC

Line of Duty | Series 5 | BBC.Jed Mercurio's Line of Duty returns in 2019!

The fifth series of British cop show conspiracy thriller, Line Of Duty, isn’t due on our screen until next year so we weren’t expecting the BBC PR wheels to start grinding until later in year.

Not for the first time we were wrong.

This appeared on the BBC’s Twitter feed this morning:

I suspect we'll be getting a lot of "from the creators of "bodyguard"" in the lead up to this. Line if duty has always done well but they'd love some of the attention bodyguard has received.

Isn't that the actor who played Al Capone in "boardwalk empire"?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 8:09 PM, red snow said:

I suspect we'll be getting a lot of "from the creators of "bodyguard"" in the lead up to this. Line if duty has always done well but they'd love some of the attention bodyguard has received.

Isn't that the actor who played Al Capone in "boardwalk empire"?

Sorry I messed up the quoting somehow on my phone.

@RedSnow personally I think Line of Duty has been a much better series than Bodyguard, it’s one of the best things the BBC does, along with Luther!, which I think is coming back soon too.

Bodyguard was good but it wasn’t amazing, also just something I feel that should be cleared up- Julia Montague would not be granted admittance to the Death Star.

12 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Sorry I messed up the quoting somehow on my phone.

@RedSnow personally I think Line of Duty has been a much better series than Bodyguard, it’s one of the best things the BBC does, along with Luther!, which I think is coming back soon too.

Bodyguard was good but it wasn’t amazing, also just something I feel that should be cleared up- Julia Montague would not be granted admittance to the Death Star.

Bodyguard is more of a summer blockbuster while Line of Duty is more of a, well, really well executed long form TV story. I can see why one grabbed more audiences than the other although I'm hoping the BBC gives Line of Duty a similar timeslot and push now they know the creator can grab huge audiences. They need to stick the other seasons on Iplayer well in advance too. Hell, I'd like to rewatch the first two seasons again at least before the new one airs.

Archived