BBC Line of Duty [SPOILERS] s1 to present

red snow

22 hours ago, red snow said:

Bodyguard is more of a summer blockbuster while Line of Duty is more of a, well, really well executed long form TV story. I can see why one grabbed more audiences than the other although I'm hoping the BBC gives Line of Duty a similar timeslot and push now they know the creator can grab huge audiences. They need to stick the other seasons on Iplayer well in advance too. Hell, I'd like to rewatch the first two seasons again at least before the new one airs.

I think Bodyguard was decent don’t get me wrong, just to me the writing and story of Line of Duty is a cut above it, although it does require you to invest more time in it, but I’m ok with that.

• 2 months later...

Classic BBC narrowing down the release as being sometime within the next 12 months. But possibly next week.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:06 PM, Lord Sidious said:

I think Bodyguard was decent don’t get me wrong, just to me the writing and story of Line of Duty is a cut above it, although it does require you to invest more time in it, but I’m ok with that.

I agree. Bodyguard is the blockbuster while duty is the tv novel. Line of duty is worst when doing OTT action/chases and best when conducting 15 minute long interviews in a cell. Fingers crossed LOD doesn't go "bodyguard" with sensationalism and that Jed got it out of his system. If that's the case then it's good news for both shows

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

thanks, I can hold off the rewatch in that case. Looking forward to the new season. Hope it gets some heat from the bodyguard - as it deserves similar levels of success.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the focus on a criminal gang is really going to help differentiate this series. I had the informer pegged but couldn't really justify the logic. It seems they've been undercover/rogue for a long time though.

We need a spoiler thread or to alter this one so we can talk in depth.

On 4/2/2019 at 3:36 PM, red snow said:

I think the focus on a criminal gang is really going to help differentiate this series. I had the informer pegged but couldn't really justify the logic. It seems they've been undercover/rogue for a long time though.

We need a spoiler thread or to alter this one so we can talk in depth.

Yes please,just finished watching the new series premiere episode,lot's to talk about!

btw,you started this topic, so you should edit and mark it as Spoiler.;)

3 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Yes please,just finished watching the new series premiere episode,lot's to talk about!

btw,you started this topic, so you should edit and mark it as Spoiler.;)

Done!

Yes, so regarding Stephen Graham, i knew in my bones he'd be the undercover agent because "line of duty" twists. I still can't make much sense of it other than he's gone completely feral. He's actively running operations and ordering executions, there's no way they'd allow him to continue operating. He's more a threat telling criminals what he knows about the police so i can't see the justification. I guess he has a direct lead to "h" which makes tv sense. 

Unless he was a criminal from the start and was a predecessor of Dot/the caddy and ironically wound up the undercover criminal posing as the undercover cop. The actor is more than up to the task so interested to see where they go.

I'm not that torn up about the ac12 cop who was executed. 2 seasons ago I'd have been outraged but ever since her betrayal last season it feels like harsh justice.

I hope there isn't a painkiller addiction storyline brewing with arnott.

Also not a fan of them constantly playing up hastings as "h". For me the show will jump the shark if they ever have him turn out corrupt.

haha,well the show totally got me with regards to the identity of the undercover cop...i thought it was the lady :laugh:

Maybe my subconscious didn't allow me to peg Stephen Graham as an undercover cop cause most tv shows/films i've seen him in,he usually plays a baddie/scumbag type.;)

I felt really bad about the way PC Maneet got done.At heart she was a decent cop/person who got manipulated by that whatshisname superior from last season. she made one mistake and got played.I think getting kicked out of the force would have been enough of a punishment for her,you could see she really loved her job and especially the AC-12 team.

I'm not sure about Hastings now,the show has planted a seed of doubt in my mind.:o Clearly DI Kate thinks so!

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

haha,well the show totally got me with regards to the identity of the undercover cop...i thought it was the lady :laugh:

Maybe my subconscious didn't allow me to peg Stephen Graham as an undercover cop cause most tv shows/films i've seen him in,he usually plays a baddie/scumbag type.;)

I felt really bad about the way PC Maneet got done.At heart she was a decent cop/person who got manipulated by that whatshisname superior from last season. she made one mistake and got played.I think getting kicked out of the force would have been enough of a punishment for her,you could see she really loved her job and especially the AC-12 team.

I'm not sure about Hastings now,the show has planted a seed of doubt in my mind.:o Clearly DI Kate thinks so!

I guess a slit throat is harsh but in this show it never ends well once Hastings has had enough. Which i guess could be more evidence that he is the insane labyrinthine mastermind.

I think they are just toying with us regarding Hastings/h. I mean they had him finishing a phonecall immediately after one of the criminals hung up their phone.

I could see them trying to land Hastings in trouble over finances but didn't they already follow this through last series? I guess we haven't seen the criminals dangle money in front of him though.

Also is the woman criminal an additional undercover cop? Because she seems to be seriously on edge all the time and averse to killing. I actually thought she was having a heart attack at one point.

The Stephen Graham thing seems so obvious in retrospect, it’s a show about corrupt cops, the main bad guys are always corrupt cops! And that’s clearly why he’s been playing the police for five years.  Probably H is whoever his old boss was.

I didn’t think it was Lise, that seemed too obvious.  Same with Hastings, too obvious with him being corrupt.  I have to say though, he seems incompetent at the moment, shutting down the investigation just because Hilton’s name starts with H.  Maneet I thought was going to turn out to be a lot worse than she did, thought she was playing at being a victim.

Steve’s thing is going to be that he’s impotent since the accident, I bet.  He was always a ladies man and now he’s refusing tinder matches.  Probably not helped by stress of losing the inspectorship to Kate, bit tense every time he calls her ma’am.

Archived