Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red snow

BBC Line of Duty [SPOILERS] s1 to present

Recommended Posts

Imagine if Arnold is bent.  He could have ignored the shoot to kill order from the first season just to get into AC12.  For a firearms trained officer he really doesn’t like shooting people when ordered to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, john said:

Imagine if Arnold is bent.  He could have ignored the shoot to kill order from the first season just to get into AC12.  For a firearms trained officer he really doesn’t like shooting people when ordered to.

Well,it's a good thing he's a British cop,imagine an American Arnott, would have probably shot his way out of every situation! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Daily Mail have picked up some tweets where apparently people think Gill Bigelow might be H, because when Dot was "blinking" the letters to Kate on his deathbed she thought he meant H, when really it was G! :rolleyes:

Whatever next? Knowing this show though, we won't find out next week and they'll do it as a cliffhanger for the next series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the last episode was silly. They really need to pull out some kind of twist where Hastings has some master plan because he has been acting like a complete idiot to the point i don't recognize him from all the other series.

Yes, he's been stitched up and it's probably by the woman from "rome" but the Hastings i knew wouldn't let this happen without a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, red snow said:

I thought the last episode was silly. They really need to pull out some kind of twist where Hastings has some master plan because he has been acting like a complete idiot to the point i don't recognize him from all the other series.

Yes, he's been stitched up and it's probably by the woman from "rome" but the Hastings i knew wouldn't let this happen without a reason.

Said this before, but IMO it's not been the same since they moved if from BBC1 to 2, and like a lot of shows that start off really well and then becomes popular with the masses, they aim more for how much money they can squeeze out of it at the expense of the quality of the show.

I'll watch the last one next week but definitely won't bother after that. Shame! 

 

PS - Polly Walker was much better in Rome :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, State Trooper said:

Said this before, but IMO it's not been the same since they moved if from BBC1 to 2, and like a lot of shows that start off really well and then becomes popular with the masses, they aim more for how much money they can squeeze out of it at the expense of the quality of the show.

I'll watch the last one next week but definitely won't bother after that. Shame! 

 

PS - Polly Walker was much better in Rome :D 

Can't remember when the show switched channels but ever since the silly car chase it has been a lot less clever/stylish.

It is a show where the interviews were the most tense aspect but with time and higher budget it's been ditching the interviews in favour of shoot outs and "sparkly" things.

It was nice to see Hastings on the other side of an interview. The woman interviewing him had a great knack for getting under his skin. I imagine it's no coincidence all the police interrogating him are women which is a nice callback/move given his view. He Even strongly suggested in this episode that the woman a rank above him was only there because she had been fast tracked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Mother of God....we finally got a tense interrogation scene! :D Poor Ted, he's toast! :(

This show has now got me second guessing whether every copper is bent or not haha, especially anti-corruption themselves...I even include Kate is looking suspect to me. Arnott is the only exception i'd make.He could never be corrupt!

Ted,of course is not H,i think we all can agree on that now.So OCG member Ryan mentioned an interview for a job....a police job? that would make perfect sense for OCG's trying to infiltrate police i guess.

I thought this about Ryan too, particularly as they say he will have to lie low from now on.

Also I really don't think Hastings is bent, it would be too obvious, I've heard other people say they think Kate might be bent but I don't see it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arnott can't be bad - he's just a single bloke. Who really needs to see a Dr about his erectile problems as it's probably a combination of his back injury and PTSD from being thrown down a stairwell. I'm sure the stress if everyone thinking he was the caddy didn't help either.

Pretty dark how the woman from season one has been in a freezer all this time.

Also the young guy in the OCG is terrifying. He's doing all this just for fun while he makes some money to get a job. The idea he might be getting a police job is a good catch. Hasn't he been id'd though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, red snow said:

Can't remember when the show switched channels but ever since the silly car chase it has been a lot less clever/stylish.

The car chase at the end of season 3? (I think, the one where Dot was killed?). Yes that was when it switched to BBC1.  I thought 4 was stronger than 3 though.  In fact I’d put it 2 (Lindsay Denton) then 4 (Roz Huntley) then the others, so the female bad guys are better for some reason.  This season is probably the weakest but, you’re right, that’s because they’re not doing enough interrogation scenes.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Also the young guy in the OCG is terrifying. He's doing all this just for fun while he makes some money to get a job. The idea he might be getting a police job is a good catch. Hasn't he been id'd though?

First bad guy with no apparent conscience.  I think it was only Miroslav who was ID’d.  The way he described the job sounds exactly like police, you take an exam then you go for your interview.  I bet the final scene of the series is him standing in his police uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, john said:

The car chase at the end of season 3? (I think, the one where Dot was killed?). Yes that was when it switched to BBC1.  I thought 4 was stronger than 3 though.  In fact I’d put it 2 (Lindsay Denton) then 4 (Roz Huntley) then the others, so the female bad guys are better for some reason.  This season is probably the weakest but, you’re right, that’s because they’re not doing enough interrogation scenes.

First bad guy with no apparent conscience.  I think it was only Miroslav who was ID’d.  The way he described the job sounds exactly like police, you take an exam then you go for your interview.  I bet the final scene of the series is him standing in his police uniform.

And he's going to be dangerous as he appears to be have no issue with the horrendous things he does - if anything he activively enjoys it with no qualms whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god the last episode featured some classic long interviews. I also liked how they used the end of season 3 to set up an "anticlimax" instead of a repeat resulting in a more satisfying ending.

They also seem to have cleared the "h" thing up so the vast majority of senior cops with surnames starting with "h" aren't the only suspects.

Gill and the kid becoming a cop played out as expected. The "ted herrings" were just that but it was all very forced (does he really need to destroy his laptop for run of the mill porn - unless this is very sinister and ties in with the other series thread if paedophile rings).

I liked the implication that the murdered undercover cop could have maybe been hasting's son that would have been dark. Thankfully it was clear he's a straight arrow still and the timing probably didn't quite work out.

The worst season so far for me but I've enjoyed all the others a lot so it wasn't like this was awful tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly Macdonald to star in sixth series of BBC police drama

Quote

Kelly Macdonald is to star in the next series of police drama Line of Duty, as an "enigmatic" DCI whose unconventional conduct raises suspicions.

The Trainspotting star will play Detective Chief Inspector Joanne Davidson, senior investigating officer of an unsolved murder.

Macdonald will join lead actors Martin Compston, Vicky McClure and Adrian Dunbar in the show's sixth series.

Creator Jed Mercurio said the show was "honoured" to have her on board.

"DCI Joanne Davidson will prove the most enigmatic adversary AC-12 have ever faced," he continued.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to cheer us up a bit in these troubled times :)

Mother of God! DS Arnott, DI Fleming and Superintendent Hastings are back and only interested in one thing, catching bent coppers.

In an exclusive ‘deleted’ scene from series five, all three can be seen interrogating DC Taylor, an accused corrupt copper (played by Jason Isaacs) who they suspect knows the identity of the real ‘H’.

Unfortunately for DC Taylor, his representation comes in the form of ineffective lawyer David Rickman (played by Lee Mack).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...