MDF: Return of the BATTLE HAT

So, little over a month out (yes!) at this point, figured it was worth starting a new thread. 

Which of you dirty drunk longhairs (or not) will be there?

i am so stoked, had such a great time last year. Going to actually buy some merch this time around.

edit: May 26-29, 2016

Though not attending MDF, I shall be at the nearby Balticon. 

It is rumoured that there will be some sort of BWB gatheraciousness during the weekend, fostered under the so-called aegis of the Werted Heade and the Maid of Woodlyne. It is there, methinks, that I shall hope to cross paths with the sordidly drunken lot of you. 

(Or drunkenly sordid, as the case may be. I'm not all that picky about the order in which you admix your ingrediments.)

But y'all might want to cast a random eye on the Balticon thread for party planning info, in case it's not fully cross-garteredposted.

I think it's exceedingly unlikely that we'll be able to make it to any parties, as MDF has three separate venues going during the evenings (Edison lot, Rams Head, and Soundstage). But I definitely plan to swing by on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning at some point to say hi to anyone I can find. :)

21 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

SWEET JESUS 

Champions League final is on the Saturday of MDF.

Saturday sounds lovely. I'm glad that tradition is restored this year. Let's have soccer and alcohol and pain. Let me know if any local assistance is required to select a venue.

Why would we go anywhere but Max's? They have TV's, they have food, and they have what's probably the best beer list in Baltimore.

(I mean unless Munich is in the final and MC wants a place where he can sweet talk the bartender into a round of shots, of course.)

If Man City somehow makes it to the final, I'm gonna demand that Alex T makes his way over for the mayhem.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously. Getting beat up by the chicken man in Baltimore is a story you can tell people.

Get beat up by a roving ball of sweaty stale beer and people won't believe you ever left Boston.

Archived