Daenerys executing Mossador : Unwarranted, wicked?

This move by her was the first time I disliked her a character. All this time she's a heroine to root for like Arya and Brienne, just on a different continent. Mossador was passionate and loyal towards Dany, and apologetic for his actions. Furthermore the man he killed was a someone who was killing her own people, and would of course kill her if he had the chance. Given all this I think she was out of line and character to kill the poor guy. It was really a Joffrey esque move I believe. Perhaps worse, since Joffrey didn't really know that the note his "father" wrote for Ned was real. This episode changed my attitude towards her. Then it gets worse some episodes later when she kills a master without trial, on only suspicion of a crime. This is not only wicked, but highly hypocritical as it's the very same type of act that she killed Mossador for.  

What do you lot think?

8 hours ago, GOTFanatic said:

This move by her was the first time I disliked her a character. All this time she's a heroine to root for like Arya and Brienne, just on a different continent. Mossador was passionate and loyal towards Dany, and apologetic for his actions. Furthermore the man he killed was a someone who was killing her own people, and would of course kill her if he had the chance. Given all this I think she was out of line and character to kill the poor guy. It was really a Joffrey esque move I believe. Perhaps worse, since Joffrey didn't really know that the note his "father" wrote for Ned was real. This episode changed my attitude towards her. Then it gets worse some episodes later when she kills a master without trial, on only suspicion of a crime. This is not only wicked, but highly hypocritical as it's the very same type of act that she killed Mossador for.  

What do you lot think?

I think she should've given him a fair trial and then executed him, which is what was going to happen to the Son of the Harpy. Murder is murder, he had to be punished for that, to show that the law applies to everyone equally, but a public execution was stupid.

15 minutes ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

I think she should've given him a fair trial and then executed him, which is what was going to happen to the Son of the Harpy. Murder is murder, he had to be punished for that, to show that the law applies to everyone equally, but a public execution was stupid.

Mossador's guilt was not in question, seeing as he happily admitted it. The Son of the Harpy's guilt was yet to be proven.

It was a stupid decision in that because there was no trial or statement made to add context, she just had him killed which made her seem unsympathetic to her supporters (and us the audience)

Sometimes it's not all about what you do, but how you do it!

Archived