Future of House Westerling and House Spicer

norwaywolf123

I wonder about this because a) GRRM said she'll appear in the WoW prologue, b ) because despite persistent rumors she's likely NOT carrying Robb's child and that makes her future part in the series more unpredictable and intriguing, and c) because Tywin misjudged her terribly and I feel that mistake will affect the Lannisters in the long run

We know what Tywin thought about her:

"Jeyne Westerling is her mother's daughter", said Lord Tywin, "and Robb Stark is his father's son."

He wasn't wrong in thinking Robb was as inflexibly honorable as Ned, but I think Jeyne is definitely a far cry from that scheming Sybelle. I bet Tywin thought she was a power-hungry social-climber, but I think her rebellious little act at the end of Feast, when she tore her clothes as a sign of mourning, won't be her last rebellion

What do you think GRRM has in store for Jeyne?

1. Maybe Jeyne Westerling will marry Jaime Lannister? I think that Jaime will marry and father sons before he dies, but leave a widow. Since there are many dance of dragons paralells like Lord Jason Lannister was married to Johanna Westerling. It would also be fitting that Maggy the frogs great granddaughter will marry Jaime and take him from Cersei :) 

2. Do you belive the Jeyne swap theory? I personally dont since the descrpancys were corrected in newer versions.

Future of House Spicer

House Spicer is an upstart house started by spice merchants.

Its members are

- Lord Rolph Spicer, raised to lordship of Castamere for his role in the Red Wedding

- Sybell Spicer, wife of Lord Gawen Westerling

Personally i hope that Rolph Spicer dies hopefully hanged by lady stoneheart. I think that Kevan should have been granted it but since he is dead another lannister should be granted Castamere like Daven.

Jaime despises Sybelle and I don't think of any situation where he will marry her daughter, sorry.

I think Lady Stoneheart will accuse Jeyne of participating in Red Wedding and order BwB to kill her, which will be one of the most disturbing scenes in Winds of Winter.

3 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Think Jeyne might be married to Edmure as part of Edmure being reinstated to Riverun as a means of healing the wounds between the Westerlands and Riverlands.

But Roslin Frey has to survive as one of the few sympathetic Freys left, along with Perwyn and Olyvar and Big Walder.

Did Sybelle leave with Jeyne, I don't remember? If the party gets attacked like many think in the prolouge of TWOW and the BwB does win / take prisoners, i could see a good scenario. Raynald could of linked up with the BwB and he could end up being there watching if they hang Sybelle and maybe Jeyne.

3 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

Jaime despises Sybelle and I don't think of any situation where he will marry her daughter, sorry.

I think Lady Stoneheart will accuse Jeyne of participating in Red Wedding and order BwB to kill her, which will be one of the most disturbing scenes in Winds of Winter.

6 hours ago, James Steller said:

My point was more that I think they should survive to redeem House Frey. The wording was confusing on my part.

Ok, gotcha. But for some reason I think Lady Stoneheart will kill some innocent Freys as well, revenge is a bloody and nasty thing.

19 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

1. Maybe Jeyne Westerling will marry Jaime Lannister?

The Queen Dowager in the North marrying Kingslayer and her husband's enemy?\

19 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

2. Do you belive the Jeyne swap theory? I

No. Jeyne isn't pregnant and she was the one who Jaime saw.

19 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

think Lady Stoneheart will accuse Jeyne of participating in Red Wedding

How? I mean Jeyne was no where near the Twins how she could be accused?

1 hour ago, Scorpion92 said:

Ok, gotcha. But for some reason I think Lady Stoneheart will kill some innocent Freys as well, revenge is a bloody and nasty thing.

I don't think rationality is one of LS's dominant traits so killing any Frey is sufficient enough for her. 

As for Jeyne Westerling, I don't really see how she would play into the plot. She's could be  carrying Robb's child which after all would take a lot of time growing up. She could be Queen Regent but not with that mother of hers and most definitely not with Sansa still living.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

How? I mean Jeyne was no where near the Twins how she could be accused?

Like how Sandor was accused of all the atrocities that Gregor's men commited in the Riverlands, despite Sandor remaining in Kingslanding.

Doesn't have to make sense. Especially not with Lady Stoneheart.

a) Raynald Westerling was killed in the Red Wedding

b ) The Spicers were cheated in their marriage pact by the lannisters. they were offerd Joy Hill, a bastard instead of a lannister bride as they expected

c) the lannister men have orders to kill Jeyne if they attempt to escape.. We know Jeyne wil appear in the prologue. Many speculate the chapter will include an attempt to free Edmure.. If so,i think the lannisters will kill another of Sybells children..

I think Cersei will eventually face rebellion back home.. when the Westerlings and Spicers declare for Aegon.

23 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

"Jeyne Westerling is her mother's daughter", said Lord Tywin, "and Robb Stark is his father's son."

I've always wondered whether this is a subtle hint on Martin's part that Jeyne is indeed like her mother, as in, not altogether unfamiliar with the darks arts, love potions, etc.

15 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

I've always wondered whether this is a subtle hint on Martin's part that Jeyne is indeed like her mother, as in, not altogether unfamiliar with the darks arts, love potions, etc.

Maybe she will use something on Jaime? I have a feeling. I also think that it was some love potion or spell tat made Jaime and Cersei love each other

I think the prologue will have Edmure and Jeyne arriving at CR.  Maybe Jeyne sleeps with Martyn and messes up the Lannisters' wedding plans.  In any case, I'll bet she finds some way to fuck with the Lannisters. 

1 minute ago, Nevets said:

I think the prologue will have Edmure and Jeyne arriving at CR.  Maybe Jeyne sleeps with Martyn and messes up the Lannisters' wedding plans.  In any case, I'll bet she finds some way to fuck with the Lannisters. 

Was pun intended here?

But if the prologue is the convoy arriving at CR, then who is going to be POV/die?

Archived