Future of House Westerling and House Spicer

norwaywolf123

10 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Probably. If Jeyne knew about potions, then she probably would have known that her mother was giving her moon tea, probably with some tansey. Unless that whole scene in front of Jaime was an act...

It wasn't an act.

Odd way to look at it:  Robb married a pretty, naive young woman who had no idea what the reality of Westerosi war or politics looked like.  Basically the Sansa of the Westerlands.  I mean, look how educated Margaery Tyrell is, or Myranda Royce.  Robb didn't just marry beneath himself socially, but also intellectually.

9 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

It wasn't an act.

Odd way to look at it:  Robb married a pretty, naive young woman who had no idea what the reality of Westerosi war or politics looked like.  Basically the Sansa of the Westerlands.  I mean, look how educated Margaery Tyrell is, or Myranda Royce.  Robb didn't just marry beneath himself socially, but also intellectually.

All true, though I still contend Robb did not do this intentionally. If Jeyne did not know the recipe for grandma Maggie's love potions, Sybelle certainly did.

10 hours ago, LindsayLohan said:

Robb married a pretty, naive young woman who had no idea what the reality of Westerosi war or politics looked like.  Basically the Sansa of the Westerlands.  I mean, look how educated Margaery Tyrell is, or Myranda Royce.  Robb didn't just marry beneath himself socially, but also intellectually.

Naivety and education have nothing to do with intellect. They have everything to do with what a person has learned (from personal experience, formal education, independent research, etc.).

Sansa, in AGoT, is absolutely naïve. She is mocked by Joff and Cersei as being stupid. She continues to make mistakes through ASoS (though not as big as her mistakes in AGoT). However, she is shown to grow and mature into a more calculating individual by the end of AFfC.

Spoiler

Her TWoW chapter shows even more growth.

Margaery is not necessarily smarter because she was taught by her grandmother, just more shrewd.

Archived