Bakker XLIV: The Goddess of Negative Theology

lokisnow

Received a confirmation from amazon.com that The Great Ordeal will be shipped in early July. Huzzah! Closing in on the finish of TWP for my re-read.

Another oddity - how does Aurang change from the bird synthize to the black semen dude, apparently effortlessly, when their is internal discussion about 'condensing' his mighty soul in a small vessel & the image of Consult members muttering around his body back in Golgo.

30 minutes ago, kuenjato said:

Received a confirmation from amazon.com that The Great Ordeal will be shipped in early July. Huzzah! Closing in on the finish of TWP for my re-read.

Another oddity - how does Aurang change from the bird synthize to the black semen dude, apparently effortlessly, when their is internal discussion about 'condensing' his mighty soul in a small vessel & the image of Consult members muttering around his body back in Golgo.

The black semen dude is an illusion, as far as I can tell. It's a projection from the Synthese. It isn't an actual thing. 

The Ishuäl storyline features the POVs of Achamian, Mimara, and another character which must remain anonymous for now. Although it is the shortest as far as the page count is concerned, it is the one that offers the most "fuck me" moments. Especially the one near the end, which hits you like an uppercut and will blow your mind! 

*Unfuses sutures in sardonic anticipation.

11 hours ago, Lord Patrek said:

My review is up! :)

You can find it here.

Cheers,

Patrick

Thanks, Pat!

5 hours ago, Hello World said:

This confirms that Madness was given a fake manuscript.

No, that confirms I am a lying liar who lies.

The Warrior-Prophet’s assassination. The rise of Anasûrimbor Moënghus to take his place.

Locke, you’ve pointed to this recently and said that maybe Moënghus did replace Kellhus at some point. Seeing that the only difference between Kellhus and Moe from the outside is their age, have you considered that what happened between Moe and Cnaiür at the end is similar to what happens between Psatma and the WLW?

18 hours ago, Kalbear said:

The black semen dude is an illusion, as far as I can tell. It's a projection from the Synthese. It isn't an actual thing. 

Didn't Bakker confirm the dude was a projection? Of course the question when is where the black semen comes from...

Glad the book is coming out, at this point even a 1/20 review wouldn't deter me.

I wonder if TGO's "lack" is the same as WLW and TJE. While both of those books had dedicated setpieces / climaxes, they really just ceased in the midst of a narrative. Pat, do you feel that TGO is more truncated/less fulfilling than the previous two volumes?

Yes, of course. Both TJE and TWLW were released as Bakker had always envisioned them. TGO is simply part one of two, with pretty much all the crazy shit taking place in the sequel. To all ends and purposes, though it's good and I'm happy to have something to read after a 5-year wait, it's still only half of the story we've been eagerly awaiting. . .

Patrick

Right... that’s the rumored Grimdark Magazine excerpt. I wonder which ark it’s going to come from. My guess is it’s a Sorweel PoV just when they’re about to reach Ishterebinth or at Ishterebinth’s entrance.

Also, I’m starting to think that the Pat excerpt will never see the light...

eta: there is a new face apparently,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1468301691/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1468301691&linkCode=as2&tag=patsfantasy0c-20&linkId=ZVP24NWQDZQ2VEHF

Archived