Bakker XLIV: The Goddess of Negative Theology

lokisnow

Ha, sorry, don't mean to be a dick(hoho), just my experience with B&N is usally the opposite. New SFF that isn;' a million dollar best seller? Yeah we'll get it in a few weeks after release.

Also I got the last one. :P

Then walking out of the store there was a giant double rainbow!

1 minute ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ha, sorry, don't mean to be a dick(hoho), just my experience with B&N is usally the opposite. New SFF that isn;' a million dollar best seller? Yeah we'll get it in a few weeks after release.

Also I got the last one. :P

Then walking out of the store there was a giant double rainbow!

Double rainbow equals our-worldly vision of the haloes of Kellhus' hands?

On 7/1/2016 at 7:11 PM, Darth Richard II said:

So I'm at my local B&N and guess what appears to be out super early. :P

Thanks to this I went ahead and checked bn.com to see if it was out. I'll be picking up my copy later today. :cheers:

Doing a reread  of the series right now so it'll be a little bit until I can dive into it, but I'm stoked.

On 7/1/2016 at 2:52 PM, Dickwad Poster #3784 said:

Here was another thought on God splitting sometime after the creation of the world -

Who created the world if God split before its creation? The world is offended at things like sorcery and can be judged - all of those things imply a world created by God and with God's plan. We also know that the gods can't do much in the world except through people. If they can't - who made the world?

Well in these traditions, whether Eastern or Western, the God is both Many & One as far as I can understand it.

"Panentheism" seems to be the term where God is both the "stuff" of creation as well as being the one who watches over it. So God is Watcher and Watched, an Uroboros onto Himself...[at least] that's what I'm getting out of Neoplatonism and Hindu philosophies?

Neoplatonism specifically seems to think of the One as an Uroboros.

Got an email late yesterday that said TGO has shipped from B&N. 

My personal slog of slogs is about to begin!  To the coffers boys!!!!!

Sadly, looks like it won't be here by the end of today though... which is a shame.  I am accompanying my dad to a medical procedure tomorrow.  He's getting both an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, so the doctors will have him locked in like a set of Inchoroi fingercuffs.  This will take 4-5 hours.  Would have loved to have the book for an uninterrupted session like that.

15 hours ago, kuenjato said:

that spoiler thread haunts, anchored as it is at the top of the page.

I imagine it'll be at the second thread by the time us twelvers get it (well, really, amazon is telling me the 18th:angry2:)

Yes... and I'm thinking a second thread is being generous.  I figure it will at the very least be in the late second thread before I can safely get to it, if not well into the third.  :crying: 

14 hours ago, Callan S. said:

So madness, will it be a relief once most have read the book that you can spill your guts on the matter instead of being tight lipped?

4 hours ago, Madness said:

I think my personal interaction with the fandom is corrupted forever.

But that's ok :).

You read it before the TGO/TUC split though didn't you?  So you still must suffer the burden of the heart.

Archived