Mafia Game - Come Play!

Whiskeyjack

Okay, so first - I got permission from Ran to post this here.  Don't yell at me!  :P

Would like to invite everyone to come play Mafia with other people on the board.  We've been playing here for over 10 years now.  Our games all take place in either Forum Games or on our Mafia site, which we started using due to downtime here. 

For those who don't know, Mafia is a mystery game where some of the players are aligned with the innocent team, and others are (secretly) aligned with the evil team.  The innocent players try to figure out who is on the evil team, often by evaluating whether or not people seem sincere in their posts.  Meanwhile, the evil team pretends to genuinely hunt for the bad guys - which means they are faking all of their efforts throughout the game. 

The game is divided into day and night phases.  During the day, everyone discusses who they believe to be innocent or evil.  And everyone votes to "lynch" whoever they believe to be most suspicious.  If a player reaches a majority of the votes, they are removed from the game.  And at night, the evil team gets to "kill" one player of their choice - typically whoever is most dangerous to them.  As the game progresses, the group gets smaller and smaller, until either all of the evil players are eliminated or all of the innocent players are killed.

It's a good game to play if you enjoy logic puzzles, reading people, and/or manipulating people.  It's a lot of fun.  Trust me, I promise.  :cheers:

If you have any questions, please ask here or send me a PM. 

And if you are interested in playing in our next game, or even just reading it, then please sign up at the Mafia site - here, and then send a PM to Plessiez, who is the moderator for our next game.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived