What if Jon Snow is actually dead dead?

RUSSELL BELL

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, I know it can't, that's my point. Wall/Winterfell - 1 day; down south, a couple of months. So, if someone sends a raven from the north to the south and it arrives on the 'same day', i.e., in what is the present in the North, did the bird fly backwards in time? 

Huh. No, the bird will arrive in its time. It might be "the same day" in-universe, but in the show, it could be the same episode, or three episodes later, or two episodes earlier, or even in the next season. As a general rule, modern TV productions do not adhere to the three Aristotelian unities.

And if you find it funny now, just wait until in the same episode we'll see the events of in-universe "now", and what transpired at the Tower of Joy "twenty years ago". You'll die laughing.

1 hour ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Huh. No, the bird will arrive in its time. It might be "the same day" in-universe, but in the show, it could be the same episode, or three episodes later, or two episodes earlier, or even in the next season. As a general rule, modern TV productions do not adhere to the three Aristotelian unities.

And if you find it funny now, just wait until in the same episode we'll see the events of in-universe "now", and what transpired at the Tower of Joy "twenty years ago". You'll die laughing.

I watch it as I would a parody, I find everything quite funny actually.

3 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

at the time cersei finds out about marcella jon could still be alive and well waiting for olly to call him down to  be stabbed. I don't get what is so hard about this as it is not like the show claims everything is happening in real time. 

As for the unities: Could you even imagine any version of ASOIAF with no subplot, everything takes place in winterfell, and over the course of one day?  

On 4/30/2016 at 0:31 PM, BalerionTheCat said:

I've more problems with the dragons growth between seasons, than with Cersei's hairs.

Events are not happening day be day. Maybe a few months passed in KL. All that time for Jaime to come back from Dorne? But it was the morning after at the Wall.

The show is slaughtering Jaime, I am so sad :(

Well we have that cleared up, a bit more of an anti-climax than expected. However, I considered it again. Should be interesting to see if there is a notable change in personality though. I doubt that would play on screen nicely and with Jon snow being the supposed hero of the story. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2016 at 10:26 AM, Ser Matt Dayne said:

I wasn't thrilled with the ritual, as I was hoping for something more divine.

What I took from it is that Jon could have been any old joe soap being resurrected. 

Little late with the replay but... I don`t think Mel brought Jon back. It was too boring and simple and predictable something GoT isn`t. So if Mel didn`t bring Jon back I know only one other person who can bring dead people back (except for Thoros of course) and that`s the Night`s King. And before someone says he has no blue eyes etc we really don`t know what the Night`s King can do. Jon did wake up with an urge to go south so maybe he is marked like Bran was so he can go where Jon goes...further south. 

9 minutes ago, Baratheon King said:

Little late with the replay but... I don`t think Mel brought Jon back. It was too boring and simple and predictable something GoT isn`t. So if Mel didn`t bring Jon back I know only one other person who can bring dead people back (except for Thoros of course) and that`s the Night`s King. And before someone says he has no blue eyes etc we really don`t know what the Night`s King can do. Jon did wake up with an urge to go south so maybe he is marked like Bran was so he can go where Jon goes...further south. 

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Above is a graphical representation of magic trying to penetrate the wall AND my thoughts on someone coming up with a theory like this.

34 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Above is a graphical representation of magic trying to penetrate the wall AND my thoughts on someone coming up with a theory like this.

Well do you remember( in season 2 i think) that at Castle Black a dead guy was resurrected and attacked Jon and while fighting him Jon burned his hand? At one point Commander Mormont came and helped him. So the Night`s King can influence the dead at Castle black.

9 minutes ago, Baratheon King said:

Well do you remember( in season 2 i think) that at Castle Black a dead guy was resurrected and attacked Jon and while fighting him Jon burned his hand? At one point Commander Mormont came and helped him. So the Night`s King can influence the dead at Castle black.

Something that was initially resurrected on the other side of the wall.  The forces of cold reviving Jon means that has to transcend the wall.

12 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Something that was initially resurrected on the other side of the wall.  The forces of cold reviving Jon means that has to transcend the wall.

ok, so he was resurrected on the other side of the wall were he died, played dead and then woke up. If this is the case than why did they want to burn Jon`s body and not give him a proper funeral like he deserved. I was thinking that WW cannot pass through the wall but they can use their magic like the Nights King used his magic on Bran while he was in the cave. Anyway the point is that Mel did not bring Jon back.

5 hours ago, Baratheon King said:

ok, so he was resurrected on the other side of the wall were he died, played dead and then woke up. If this is the case than why did they want to burn Jon`s body and not give him a proper funeral like he deserved. I was thinking that WW cannot pass through the wall but they can use their magic like the Nights King used his magic on Bran while he was in the cave. Anyway the point is that Mel did not bring Jon back.

.... It's like somebody can't except the reality of the shows universe. I don't know what will happen in the books, but mel did it in the show.

On 23. 9. 2016 at 3:38 AM, Baratheon King said:

That's right, R'hllor brought him back. Mel just asked him and he responds as he will. She just said this words and was sort of extended hand of his religion. No, Night's King did not brought him back ... because for that he would have to be on other side of the Wall and touched by White Walkers. He was killed on other sie of the Wall and brought back by R'Hllor who was established as having powers to brought people back to life.

Archived