[No Spoilers] EP601 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Edited by Ran

Here are my impressions:

- Nothing special has happened at Castle Black. They left the best part for the next episode. In the final scene with Melisandre, when I saw her mirror reflection at first, I thought that was some vision of Daenerys being the real Azor Ahai, but then it was a real WTF moment.

- After I saw that Ramsay's reaction of Roose telling him to replace him with his newborn son as an heir, my suspects that Roose will get killed by his bastard are bigger.

- For me, the best scene in this episode was Brienne and Podrick saving Sansa and Theon from the Boltons. I was impressed with Pod's improved swordsman's skills. Also, good to see Theon becoming Ironborn once again.

- Nothing special at King's Landing. For now.

- I was really shocked with the deaths of all Martells. Those bloody bastard bitches! I always wanted to see this show Areo Hotah swinging his axe. I bet none of this would be similar in the Winds of Winter.

- Tyrion and Varys suspect that Sons of the Harpy have a leader. Since there were no signs of The Green Grace in the casting, I really wonder who could that be.

- Still no big impressions with Daenerys and Arya.

Edited by Dornishwoman's Husband

I feel like D&D are taking a huge gamble diverging from the novels. It's okay to do it in bits but they need to be careful trying to rush it. I understand that there's no more novels to refer to but I don't believe Grrm didn't offer a brief outline of how TWoW would go. 

They've missed a trick in not allowing Doran to be a master schemer in this season it could have erased the damage of the sandsnakes from last season. 

They've got to be careful because diverging too much could mean diverging from what GoT is all about 

2 hours ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

- For me, the best scene in this episode was Brienne and Podrick saving Sansa and Theon from the Boltons. I was impressed with Pod's improved swordsman's skills. Also, good to see Theon becoming Ironborn once again.

But where did the Bolton dogs go? Is it only me, or they really did vanish at the beginning of the fight?

20 hours ago, Ran said:

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here

3 hours ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

Here are my impressions:

- Nothing special has happened at Castle Black. They left the best part for the next episode. In the final scene with Melisandre, when I saw her mirror reflection at first, I thought that was some vision of Daenerys being the real Azor Ahai, but then it was a real WTF moment.

- After I saw that Ramsay's reaction of Roose telling him to replace him with his newborn son as an heir, my suspects that Roose will get killed by his bastard are bigger.

- Nothing special at King's Landing. For now.

- I was really shocked with the deaths of all Martells. Those bloody bastard bitches! I always wanted to see this show Areo Hotah swinging his axe. I bet none of this would be similar in the Winds of Winter.

- Tyrion and Varys suspect that Sons of the Harpy have a leader. Since there were no signs of The Green Grace in the casting, I really wonder who could that be.

- Still no big impressions with Daenerys and Arya.

i guess its the women of dorne, deciding the important stuff! lol

Jon's revival probably comes somwhere around episode 5/6, after we get the big tower of joy scene. This sets up the big Winterfell-Battle of the bastards in episode 9.

What I'm curious about now is where will Sansa go? She's north of winterfell I believe, so that leaves out riverrun. She has horses now, so she could make a break for Castle black, or Pike, or hell even Dragonstone. if Stannis is revealed to be alive, he could help set her up at dragonstone.

Edited by tallTale

17 hours ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

I thought this, too. At first glance it very much looked like Dany. 

17 hours ago, tallTale said:

What I'm curious about now is where will Sansa go? She's north of winterfell I believe, so that leaves out riverrun. She has horses now, so she could make a break for Castle black, or Pike, or hell even Dragonstone. if Stannis is revealed to be alive, he could help set her up at dragonstone.

This would be awesome, long live mannis.

On 25.4.2016 at 10:22 AM, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

- I was really shocked with the deaths of all Martells. Those bloody bastard bitches!

Small question about this, if anyone can answer it without spoilers: How did they manage to kill Trystane actually? At the final episode of season 5, didn't we see him sailing away with Jaime and Myrcella heading for King's Landing? I'm a bit confused.