Ran

The stupidest scene ever.

Nymeria- Were here to kill you. Choose.

Trystane- Okay! I choose you.

Really? Natural characters writers. First off, Trystane would be shocked his cousins will want to kill him, not all of a sudden fight them to the death. f***ing ridiculous.

Goodamn Winds of Winter COME OUT. D&D need you SOOOO bad.

Am I off based or wasn't Trystane supposed to be on the boat with Jamie and Myrcella??   

Wasn't he supposed to go be on the King's small council...

I seem to remember the Sandsnakes on the dock when the boat departed last season.... How did they.. what the...?  

Obara probably monologued her way into the ship. Just...shaking my head. But this is par for the course with Dorne, and it highlights the lack of connection between D&D and their audience. I mean, after the widespread criticism of the Sand Snakes and Ellaria, D&D choose to...give us an extra serving? Guess that's one way to tell the critics to fuck off, but I don't even know...like, why? 

Another thing that bothered me is that they decided to add the Greyjoys at the last minute afterall so they burned all of the plot device ships they mentioned two seasons earlier. They remembered the ships, but forgot Melisandre had a scene without the necklace.

I did not see any color difference between the old lady's eyes. And I really doubt Mel is Sheira Seastar because based on the 'inside the episode', they said GRRM told Mel is 'several centuries old'. Also a Nerdist article says the Cressen actor quoted Carice as saying Mel to be 400 years old, and Carice herself saying that Mel is 200 years old. I don't remember Shiera's age, but Maester Aemon is 102 when he dies, and Bloodraven can't be more than 30 years older than Aemon, and Shiera is younger than Bloodraven. She can't be 'several centuries old', and Mel is at least 200 years old, so Mel is not Shiera Seastar. At least that is my take on the whole thing.

Even if Mel was Shiera, I really doubt D&D would keep the eye detail. They gave normal eyes to Bloodraven and Euron, also they ignored heterochromia in Tyrion, after all.

Edited by Hos the Hostage

52 minutes ago, farerb said:

Another thing that bothered me is that they decided to add the Greyjoys at the last minute afterall so they burned all of the plot device ships they mentioned two seasons earlier. They remembered the ships, but forgot Melisandre had a scene without the necklace.

Don't be so sure. The role of the Jewel is only given in the book. There was a long, long shot of a potion that could have been poison.

Looks to me like that is the last we will see of red Mel till the funeral pyre.

2 hours ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Ramsey mourning Myranda.  I can't stand either of them.  Why are they wasting screen time on this?

Because Ramsay is going to be the main antagonist in the battle for Winterfell. 

2 hours ago, NikkiG said:

I love how Brienne is so formal.  Instead of getting out of there she has to swear allegiance first

It was an important scene. It establishes Sansa as being in charge. Not Theon.

2 hours ago, tinae1981 said:

What did Dani expect? Seriously, how can she rule with this lack of judgement?

Given that she has been kidnapped, she is playing with a less than full hand till her dragon shows up.

1 hour ago, Señor de la Tormenta said:

balon seams to still be alive

Well they can hardly start yet another thread in this episode.

Edited by hallam
Remove superfluous stuff that editor bugged out on.

As most people i hated everything in Dorne but loved the reveal at the End.

Most of the rest was at least nothing to rant about but Dorne really drags this

Episode down.

I discovered Game of Thrones, watched S1-4, then i read all the Books. Then i was very dissapointed by S5 and hoped this would not continue into S6 and beyond.....we will see.

3 minutes ago, Dela81 said:

As most people i hated everything in Dorne but loved the reveal at the End.

Most of the rest was at least nothing to rant about but Dorne really drags this

Episode down.

The point about the Dorne plot is that the one part of Westeros that hasn't been touched by the war also has a royal house that is more interested in settling personal vendettas than anything else.

I don't see why people bitch so much about what was a handful of scenes. Much less than in the books BTW. They had to set up the scene for the sand snakes appearing in Kings Landing and show the aftermath of the assassination of Myrcella.

Yeah Dorne is just WTF at this point.  Reminds me of an old South Park episode where a bunch of criminals/corrupt cops systematically kill each other off because they can't trust one another until the last one kills himself.  I'm betting on that last one to be the Sandsnake with the largest breasts.  Or, a simpler and more accessible analogy is it's a really, really bad Tarantino movie.

The rest of the show was meh.  I'm fine with Brienne saving the day (and Pod!).  It may be obvious but what's obvious isn't always bad.  Burning the ships in Meereen was contrived but at least suggests long-term planning.  Other than that there wasn't...much.  Everything went as expected.  The most positive thing I can say is I'm loving Davos combining forces with Delorous Edd and Team Jon, but that probably largely reflects the fact Cunningham is awesome and playing an awesome character.

The Mel thing is a weak "shocker" ending, but since it plausibly allows me to believe she may be the daughter of BR and SS in the books, I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Sub_Zero94 said:

Am I off based or wasn't Trystane supposed to be on the boat with Jamie and Myrcella??   

Wasn't he supposed to go be on the King's small council...

Shhh....(Stop making sense)

Mel's POV chapter has her remembering being sold at a slave auction, and TV Mel said as such to Gendry. I really, really really don't see her as Shiera Seastar. Not every old witch is SS.

Some stray observations: The exchange between Ser Davos and Ser Alliser brought some much needed humor to this episode. "And some mutton". (I think Ser Alliser meant it when he promised safe passage and amnesty, I still think of him as having a rigid system of honor.)

Anyone else notice how much Olly has grown up since FTWing Jon?

53 minutes ago, hallam said:

Don't be so sure. The role of the Jewel is only given in the book. There was a long, long shot of a potion that could have been poison.

Looks to me like that is the last we will see of red Mel till the funeral pyre.

Because Ramsay is going to be the main antagonist in the battle for Winterfell. 

It was an important scene. It establishes Sansa as being in charge. Not Theon.

Given that she has been kidnapped, she is playing with a less than full hand till her dragon shows up.

Well they can hardly start yet another thread in this episode.

I never thought of Theon being in charge but the oath sequence made me think of the theory where Sansa steps into the Lady Stone heart role. They travel to the Riverlands before the siege and Sansa commands Brienne to kill Jamie.  Her promise to Brienne to not make her do anything against her morals comes back into play to save Jamie. Just a guess since I don't remember all the words exchanged.