Ran

The Dornish Arc is going to be one of those things where the timing doesn't work out, but they're going to have it happen anyways. They're probably going to have Dany land in Dorne and rally with the Dornish, or meet up with them before King's Landing. Then she can take King's Landing, and get news that they have to head North because the Wall has fallen and the Others have most of our main characters trapped at Winterfell. 

I'll say this - it at least means the Dornish storyline from last season wasn't just a totally over-expensive and pointlessly convoluted way to get Myrcella killed. It was building to something. 

So, where from here? We've got 

1. Jaime and Cersei to be killed off after Tommen dies, probably just before Daenerys takes the city. 

2. Jon Snow to be revived right around the time when the wildlings head north to attack Castle Black. 

3. The Wall to fall, probably in the season finale or the penultimate episode. 

4. Sam to actually do something. 

And more. I really hope they don't slow down the next episode too much by giving us lots of Sam time. 

1 hour ago, Hos the Hostage said:

I did not see any color difference between the old lady's eyes. And I really doubt Mel is Sheira Seastar because based on the 'inside the episode', they said GRRM told Mel is 'several centuries old'. Also a Nerdist article says the Cressen actor quoted Carice as saying Mel to be 400 years old, and Carice herself saying that Mel is 200 years old. I don't remember Shiera's age, but Maester Aemon is 102 when he dies, and Bloodraven can't be more than 30 years older than Aemon, and Shiera is younger than Bloodraven. She can't be 'several centuries old', and Mel is at least 200 years old, so Mel is not Shiera Seastar. At least that is my take on the whole thing.

Even if Mel was Shiera, I really doubt D&D would keep the eye detail. They gave normal eyes to Bloodraven and Euron, also they ignored heterochromia in Tyrion, after all.

Either way, her unglamoured self looked awfully Targ.  Not just the maester aemon white hair for an old person, but if you look her spine its weird and has two rows of spikes and looks like Drogons: I have a screenshot but can't post it here apparently 

2 minutes ago, RadSam said:

The link to the picture didn't work for me, but I wasn't sure if I was imagining things with her back. I was waiting for someone to point it out.

Yeah, I'm sorry I can't find a good way to imbed the screenshot I took.  Inserting media isn't okayed for my account but maybe this worked:

i think i know how show Melisandre will regain her faith  ,-news about Daenerys

similar to book Aemon (probably because of this DXD killed Aemons character early)

On Braavos, it had seemed possible that Aemon might recover. Xhondo's talk of dragons had almost seemed to restore the old man to himself. That night he ate every bite Sam put before him. "No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King's Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it." Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. "I must go to her. I must. Would that I was even ten years younger.

Edited by blckp

Still really confused as to how the two Sand Snakes got to King's Landing the same day Jaime got back.  I can plausibly see them being able to get onto the ship, as it was a Dornish ship and they likely would have been recognized by the Dornish crew.  I'm not sure why Trystane was still on the ship, though.  It seems to me he'd be in captivity in the castle somewhere given that his family had just murdered the princess.

A long awaited episode, and it was interesting. The Castle Black sequence was about what I expected, though the opening angle of viewing it from the west as the sun comes up was interesting. While it's nice to see that Davos is governed by his conscience and acts on it now that he's released from his oath to Stannis. What surprised me is his seeming lack of emotion in the aftermath of Shireen's burning and Stannis' fall. Melisandre is clearly devastated and seems to be questioning her faith, but Davos just seems lost in the moment and falls right in with Jon's inner circle to avenge him... just because. Thorne's bluntness is refreshing and there really doesn't seem any ambiguity where this is going. Though if the objective is to assassinate Thorne, I'm not sure why they holed themselves up in a room. They could've just gone along with the new order until they manage to lure Throne out in the middle of the night for example, if the objective is killing him.

Ramsay feeding Miranda's corpse to the dogs was just strange, even for him. But I guess the audience needed to be reminded he was the bad guy, just in case we forgot. Roose is a much more interesting villain and it's nice to see that Ramsay is seemingly starting to lose everything he's gained because of his self-indulgent vices. The chase scene with Theon and Sansa was compelling and for a moment, I thought they were going to kill Theon. I don't know why, but Brienne charging in surprised me. It was nice to see that Pod's growing as a character too. Maybe Ramsay should've sent "twenty good men" after them. Though it was a nice scene, I couldn't help thinking that hypothermia should be setting in on Sansa and Theon. But hey, I guess that's a small thing to surviving a fall off a wall in good enough condition to escape in the wilderness.

Jaime returning home with Myrcella's body seemed to me to be the best scene of the episode to me. You can almost feel sorry for Cersei and their grief seems the most real thing of the episode. Certainly Cersei and maybe even Jaime are about to go over the edge. The scene with Margaery seemed kind of random beyond reminding us that hey she's there. It seems to me the High Septon was trying to lead her towards admitting she lied to save her brother. Which doesn't really seem a big deal to me, if he let Cersei go for confessing.

The Dorne scene now... well it surprised me. But I suppose someone pulling out a gun and pointing at me would also. If they were going to kill Doran so randomly, what was the point of any of the arc last season? But maybe planning isn't the strong suit, for I could've sworn all four Sand Snakes were on the dock as the ship sailed, so how two of them got down to King's Landing is beyond me. Keeping Trystane alive would've been interesting too. An exile prince backed by the Iron Throne against his treacherous family... but instead... the Sand Snakes manage a coup killing only three people. But with this level of support they still managed to have a hard time killing Myrcella last season. Meh.

An obligatory Tyrion scene, not much there beyond a bit of character interaction between him and Varys. Though I suppose pointing out that the Red Priests are taken by Dany and the Harpies are a going concern for the Imp was necessary. Another obligatory chase scene with Jorah and Daario. An interesting pair, some interesting interaction but no real surprises. Last season ended on a dramatic cliffhanger for Dany, being captured by the Dothraki but it takes all of two minutes for her not to be in any danger even if she can't leave on her own free will. All the talk of raping and killing her just for her to go "I'm Khal Drogo's widow" "Oh well we can't hurt you" is kind of disappointing. Though Dany has character shields out the wazoo so nothing bad can happen to her. I guess it's only a question of will her loyal followers save her or will her dragon? I do enjoy the Dothraki background music though, so hey the scene had that going for it.

Arya's apparently been exiled from the House of Black and White. Though it's a question of if the waif is training her or just tormenting her. It would be ironic if she were similarly punished for acting on her own behalf. The oddest thing about the scene seemed to be that no one in the background even blinked an eye at the blind girl getting beaten.

The scene with Ser Alliser and Davos negotiating was odd. Alliser never seemed to be a liar whatever else he was. Furthermore why would he lie about getting into a locked room? With all the losses the Night's Watch has taken you'd think he'd be genuine in offering his amnesty. It still brings up the question of why is Davos bothering with this mess when he has no stake in the Watch. Beyond being an all around "good guy" that is. Melisandre being glamoured is an old theory and nice to see that one confirmed. Though it makes me wonder if the new red woman we saw in the previews might be Melisandre if she can change her appearance at will. It does seem a bit late to introduce a new major player into the game.

All and all, not much really happened in this episode, but it set the stage for what's to come, I hope.

2 hours ago, Sub_Zero94 said:

Am I off based or wasn't Trystane supposed to be on the boat with Jamie and Myrcella??   

Wasn't he supposed to go be on the King's small council...

I seem to remember the Sandsnakes on the dock when the boat departed last season.... How did they.. what the...?  

Jaime wouldnt need him on the small council if the snakes killed his daughter. He wants war upon them now anyway. But I would think Jaime would have just killed Trystane.

48 minutes ago, hallam said:

The burning of the ships is probably explained by the fact that the series has been extended to eight seasons. Obviously Danny has to sail to Westeros a season earlier if there are only two left instead of three.

No I think this was to set up a situation similar to the books where the Iron Fleet arriving in Meeren will play a role. They will replace Victarion with Asha/Yara

22 minutes ago, briantw said:

Still really confused as to how the two Sand Snakes got to King's Landing the same day Jaime got back.  I can plausibly see them being able to get onto the ship, as it was a Dornish ship and they likely would have been recognized by the Dornish crew.  I'm not sure why Trystane was still on the ship, though.  It seems to me he'd be in captivity in the castle somewhere given that his family had just murdered the princess.

I think Twistayne, Uber-bras the whale rider and the asian chick from Star Wars went on a differnet boat to Jamie.

3 minutes ago, ummester said:

I think Twistayne, Uber-bras the whale rider and the asian chick from Star Wars went on a differnet boat to Jamie.

Yeah, I'm sure this will never be mentioned or explained. They somehow managed to tail a ship up the coast without being spotted or something like that? And how did Jaime not bring Tristayne to shore with him as a hostage so he could do the killing himself in front of Cersei?? Ugh, whatever. Sand Snakes nonsense strikes again.

19 hours ago, ummester said:

I'm pretty sure Trystane got on the boat with Bronn, Marcella and Jamie. Im guessing the sandsnakes followed a bit later on a smaller ship. Then snuck on when trystane was stil on board, Seems strange though that trystane wouldn't want to stay with Marcella's body. Also i wonder if Bronn filled Jamie in about the poison he had.