Ran

4 minutes ago, J. Stargaryen said:

What does everyone think of Jon Snow's bloodstain? Seems Davos took a good long look at it.

I took a few looks at it and if I squinter and looked through a full glass I could see a dragon. 

That may have been wishful thinking.

It was a great episode! Very interesting in Castle Black..I hope that Davos and the others kill Alliser thorne, hate that man.  

I really think that Jon Snow will come back..

The scene between Cersei and Jaime was heartbreaking. I would like to see Cersei change and be a better person, and give Jaime the love that he deserves. But of course that is not going to happen in Game of thrones. They will probably make her crazy

15 minutes ago, Jedi Renee said:

I'm pretty sure Trystane got on the boat with Bronn, Marcella and Jamie. Im guessing the sandsnakes followed a bit later on a smaller ship. Then snuck on when trystane was stil on board, Seems strange though that trystane wouldn't want to stay with Marcella's body. Also i wonder if Bronn filled Jamie in about the poison he had.

I just watched the relevant scene from Episode 510 again.

Trystane mysteriously disappears :D He he standing near Jamie when Obyren's pshyco lover kisses Myrcella, he then watches Jamie and Myrcella get on the boat. We cut to Bronn's bad pussy interlude and, when Bronn get's on the boat, Trystane is nowhere to be seen. So, he either got on the boat or he didn't.

Next scene we see the jetty in, only the Dornish women are present, so if Trystane was still in Dorne, he is probably with his dad.

Who knows - it is badly edited but, after episode 601, the only logical conclusion is that he went on a different boat.

Edited by ummester
spelling

23 minutes ago, shimmy said:

I took a few looks at it and if I squinter and looked through a full glass I could see a dragon. 

That may have been wishful thinking.

If you can find a screen cap post body removal, imagine the dragon's would-be head at about 7 o'clock. Then you can see the show version of dragon wing/arm appendages at about 6 and 9-12. It's sort of like looking for shapes in the clouds, but there are some interesting angles there. I only wonder if there isn't something to it since Davos lingered on it. He must've done that for some reason.

Edited by J. Stargaryen

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

Melisandre being glamoured is an old theory and nice to see that one confirmed. Though it makes me wonder if the new red woman we saw in the previews might be Melisandre if she can change her appearance at will. It does seem a bit late to introduce a new major player into the game.

As I recall, in the last season there was a walk on appearance by Master Benero - as a woman. I suspect that the one in the previews might be called [or at least filling in for] Moqorro

1 hour ago, Electric Bass said:

So, where from here? 

1. Jaime and Cersei to be killed off after Tommen dies, probably just before Daenerys takes the city. 

I hope not!  I hope that Jaime and Cersei survives. But i think that Cersei will die :( they have build it up like that in some episodes. Jaime is a good man. He still have a big part to play in the game. 

Those sand snakes bitches should be the first to die. 

I dont get the hype of Daenerys. She is ok, but she is quite uninteresting.

No Iron Islands, no Riverlands, no Bran or Rickon and no book 5 material: Aegon/Young Griff or Kevan Lannister's assassination. 

Not a good start, but I'll be patient. If nothing of what I listed comes up by episode 3 (at least just one), I'll boycott the remaining episodes as I did for season 5.

Overall, I think it was an enjoyable episode. I was excited. For a moment, I thought Theon would die, maybe Sansa too. I also appreciated the humour of Tyrion speaking Valyrian so poorly that he's misunderstood by the commoners - though the graffiti in plain English a hundred metres down the road dampened that a little.

I liked the negotiation scene between Davos and Thorne. Think it through: Davos wasn't asking for mutton out of fear of starvation. He was testing the water. Thorne had him by the balls, so to speak, and had no reason to comply with Davos' wishes. By offering Davos more, he was sweetening the deal. "Open the door, and everything will be fine." That's a big, red flag right there. Davos just tricked Thorne into offering a deal that was too good to be true. Smart guy, Davos.

Biggest disappointment of the episode: Areo Hotah's death. A light poke in the back, and the huge, muscular bodyguard falls dead instantly. Contrast gouty, old Doran, who gets a knife right in the heart, and still manages to continue the conversation for a minute or so. Areo should have died harder. The Sand Snakes teleporting onto the ship to kill Trystane was a little puzzling, but I guess the scene could have taken place weeks after his arrival in King's Landing (so they had time to get there), and they simply got on board asking to speak to the prisoner. Lowly guards could probably be convinced to look the other way. As for why Trystane was kept on board the ship, and not in the Red Keep, that's a bigger mystery.

Another irk: In the scene where Sansa and Theon are captured, the Bolton men have barely restrained dogs snapping at their faces, barking loudly, ready to tear the throat out of anything that moves. Then Brienne and Podrick show up, and the dogs vanish instantly. They're nowhere to be seen, all of a sudden. Their sudden absense is quite notable, since up until that moment, they've been barking and snapping for a minute or so.

Fanservice of the episode: Melisandre naked. Extreme fan disservice of the episode: Melisandre naked. I really did not see that coming. As for that bathtub scene in a previous season, when she didn't have it... I guess she kept the ruby close by to keep her disguise. For the sake of your mental health, just picture that she hid it in her hair. It might also be that dropping the disguise requires a mirror, that she sees herself.

I'm looking forward to the next episode already. As fun as it is to poke at their plot holes, they are quite entertaining, and they tell an exciting story.

52 minutes ago, The Old Tongue said:

Perhaps Selyse was too true-believer to notice Mel in the bath tub not wearing her ruby back in ssn 4? That bothered the hell out of me then and it's even more annoying now. Still, glad we got to see some sort of reveal, and liked that she's finally sleeping. 

I think Selyse saw Melisandre as she was. True believer, and understands perfectly that sleeping with Stannis is for duty, not pleasure. Now I can't help thinking that Melisandre has to go back to Dragonstone and glam up the true King's three sons.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I've had a thought that I really, really hate.

With Doran gone, and the guards just standing there, it's clear that Ellaria is going to rule Dorne. If it happens that Yara brings Dany to Westeros, and they land in Dorne, form an allience, I have a feeling it's going to be all 'girl power leaders strong women etc'. 

It hasn't even happened yet, might not happen, but I already can't stand it.

19 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

Another irk: In the scene where Sansa and Theon are captured, the Bolton men have barely restrained dogs snapping at their faces, barking loudly, ready to tear the throat out of anything that moves. Then Brienne and Podrick show up, and the dogs vanish instantly. They're nowhere to be seen, all of a sudden. Their sudden absense is quite notable, since up until that moment, they've been barking and snapping for a minute or so.

Maybe the hounds ran back to Winterfell for Myranda flavoured Scooby snacks.

15 minutes ago, Walda said:

I think Selyse saw Melisandre as she was. True believer, and understands perfectly that sleeping with Stannis is for duty, not pleasure. Now I can't help thinking that Melisandre has to go back to Dragonstone and glam up the true King's three sons.

The show is using a third party lens. You're over-thinking it

1 hour ago, J. Stargaryen said:

What does everyone think of Jon Snow's bloodstain? Seems Davos took a good long look at it.

Rewatching the scene, it's quite clear that we're supposed to take notice of the bloodstain. We get a shot of it, then a shot of Davos staring at it, then a closeup of Davos staring at it. So, whether or not the bloodstain is supposed to resemble a dragon or anything else, D&D wanted us to notice it for some reason. I doubt it's as mundane as, gee that's a lot of blood. That said, I'm curious if there is any direct callback to it planned.

If that bloodstain is the outline of a dragon, then I suppose it could be interpreted as, blood of the dragon. And, obviously, it is, or would be, an RLJ hint.

2 minutes ago, J. Stargaryen said:

Rewatching the scene, it's quite clear that we're supposed to take notice of the bloodstain. We get a shot of it, then a shot of Davos staring at it, then a closeup of Davos staring at it. So, whether or not the bloodstain is supposed to resemble a dragon or anything else, D&D wanted us to notice it for some reason. I doubt it's as mundane as, gee that's a lot of blood. That said, I'm curious if there is any direct callback to it planned.

If that bloodstain is the outline of a dragon, then I suppose it could be interpreted as, blood of the dragon. And, obviously, it is, or would be, an RLJ hint.

Does anyone has a screenshot of that scene? 

33 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Does anyone has a screenshot of that scene? 

There are a couple of enhanced pics here. In one of them I've circled the wings and placed an arrow roughly parallel with the tail.

For the record, I'm not exactly convinced there are wings or a tail, and people have been claiming to see shapes in the blood since last season's finale. It's a lot like seeing shapes in the clouds. But especially the top "wing" resembles the show version of the wing/arm appendage. It's very angular.

Edited by J. Stargaryen

12 minutes ago, J. Stargaryen said:

There are a couple of enhanced pics here. In one of them I've circled the wings and placed an arrow roughly parallel with the tail.

For the record, I'm not exactly convinced there are wings or a tail, and people have been claiming to see shapes in the blood since last season's finale. It's a lot like seeing shapes in the clouds. But especially the top "wing" resembles the show version of the wing/arm appendage. It's very angular.

The link doesn't work. It says the pictures aren't publicly available.

That was clearly the worst episode from the beginning of the series so manny ruined stuff one of those stuff is the dornish story they've ruined it last season and they've buried it, Doran had so much to offer to the show as in the books.