Ran

40 minutes ago, J. Stargaryen said:

There are a couple of enhanced pics here. In one of them I've circled the wings and placed an arrow roughly parallel with the tail.

For the record, I'm not exactly convinced there are wings or a tail, and people have been claiming to see shapes in the blood since last season's finale. It's a lot like seeing shapes in the clouds. But especially the top "wing" resembles the show version of the wing/arm appendage. It's very angular.

I saw them. I agree with you. I also noted that it seemed we were to pay attention to the stain, especially after Davos looked at it !

Edited by princess_snow

20 minutes ago, J. Stargaryen said:

Try the original link now. Sorry about that. Or, here. The link you quoted doesn't work though.

It's working now, thanks! 

I can definitely make out the wing, and it looks the same to me as the wings the dragons have in the show. It's like looking at it from a birds (or dragons. [At least I think I'm funny]) eye view.

3 minutes ago, Stannis said:

That was clearly the worst episode from the beginning of the series so manny ruined stuff one of those stuff is the dornish story they've ruined it last season and they've buried it, Doran had so much to offer to the show as in the books.

I agree they've ruined Dorne, but I'd hardly say it's the worst episode of the series.

1 minute ago, princess_snow said:

I saw them. I agree with you. I also noted that it seemed we were to pay attention to the shadow, especially after Davos looked at it !

Yeah, the closeup shot after already showing him staring at it is what convinced me there's something going on there.

Just now, RadSam said:

I can definitely make out the wing, and it looks the same to me as the wings the dragons have in the show. It's like looking at it from a birds (or dragons. [At least I think I'm funny]) eye view.

You're welcome. :cheers:

I've gone from hating Sansas storyline to loving it. It's her and Jon all the way now.

Dorne was shit, yes. Too bad, but I never really was a fan of that part of the books either. I was shocked though.

I wish Davos could have acted as a grieving person would have, but overall the north is where it's happening. Dany was unconvincing. Sure, her "i'm the queen"-act worked before but it's just weak now. Dany is for sure the most annoying character on the show.

Tyrions and Varys scene felt forced, they could have used that screentime elswhere. I guess D&D just loves Tyrion too much..

But oh Sansa. I can't wait for the of this season and Sansas arc. I loved season 2/3 with the Starks at war, can't wait to reignite that.

1 hour ago, J. Stargaryen said:

There are a couple of enhanced pics here. In one of them I've circled the wings and placed an arrow roughly parallel with the tail.

For the record, I'm not exactly convinced there are wings or a tail, and people have been claiming to see shapes in the blood since last season's finale. It's a lot like seeing shapes in the clouds. But especially the top "wing" resembles the show version of the wing/arm appendage. It's very angular.

He is the third head of the dragon. I saw this on tumblr: http://thesleepyhousewife.tumblr.com/post/143359562081/i-dont-care-how-far-i-have-to-reach-to-tell

But yeah, they seemed to be emphasizing the blood stain with Davos looking back at it. 

Edited by ~DarkHorse~

4 hours ago, ummester said:

I think Twistayne, Uber-bras the whale rider and the asian chick from Star Wars went on a differnet boat to Jamie.

Trystane definitely did not go on a different boat.  Jaime flat out said that he was glad Trystane was going with them right before Myrcella died in the last season finale.  I rewatched the scene to check.  He's also not on the dock with Doran and the women as the boat departs.  He quite clearly got onto the boat with Jaime and Bronn and Myrcella.

Last night's episode also had an establishing shot of the boat that Jaime returned in anchored just outside of King's Landing before they cut to Trystane on that same boat.  How the Sand Snakes got on the boat, let alone how they arrived at the same time as Jaime, is probably destined to go unexplained.  It was just really bad writing, though.

And if the plan was to kill Trystane all along, why not just have Ellaria kiss him too?

Personally, I think that this was a last-minute decision from D&D and not something that was planned as of last year.  I think they saw that the Dorne plot line was poorly received and called an audible.  Of course, it was only poorly received because the writing was awful and all the characters were two dimensional, but whatever.

40 minutes ago, briantw said:

Trystane definitely did not go on a different boat.  Jaime flat out said that he was glad Trystane was going with them right before Myrcella died in the last season finale.  I rewatched the scene to check.  He's also not on the dock with Doran and the women as the boat departs.  He quite clearly got onto the boat with Jaime and Bronn and Myrcella.

Last night's episode also had an establishing shot of the boat that Jaime returned in anchored just outside of King's Landing before they cut to Trystane on that same boat.  How the Sand Snakes got on the boat, let alone how they arrived at the same time as Jaime, is probably destined to go unexplained.  It was just really bad writing, though.

And if the plan was to kill Trystane all along, why not just have Ellaria kiss him too?

Personally, I think that this was a last-minute decision from D&D and not something that was planned as of last year.  I think they saw that the Dorne plot line was poorly received and called an audible.  Of course, it was only poorly received because the writing was awful and all the characters were two dimensional, but whatever.

If you rewatched it you would know that Jamie says 'I'm glad you're coming home' to Myrcella and 'I'm glad he's coming with us' - ie home. He does not specify that they are coming/going home on the same boat.

You never see Trystane board the boat, saying he clearly got on is a flat out lie. He stops at the top of the steps down to the boat and the scene changes. He is not with Doran in the first scene as the boat departs but then Doran is not in the next scene on the docks when Obyren's missus has that antidote.

I'm not arguing that Dorne isn't poorly written, acted and edited - there is, however, no definite proof that Trystane travelled on the same boat as Myrcella.

They are both dead now, so who cares. And the Dornish plot in book was kind of slow filler that was full of cliche anyway. Dorne shouldn't be in the book or show - I like the character of Arianne Martell in the book but can accept that she was entirely pointless filler like Quentin - Dorne is a waste of pages and screen time, you will get no argument from me - but you will get an argument when drawing a conclusion of an event that was never shown or clarified.

Edited by ummester

Tristane's entry at HBO.com confirms that he was murdered in Myrcella's ship. "Unable to set foot in the capital, Trystane remainded on the ship - where he was ambushed and killed by the Sand Snakes."

It's clear that this dumb development has been a combination of bad planning, reaction to the negative reception of the Dornish storyline, belief that the viewers pay no attention, and the thought that it would be cool to show too badass women killing Trystane in a badass way instead using of more credible ways to dispose of the character.

Edited by The hairy bear
Edit: correcting the quote

14 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

"Unable to set foot in the capital, Trystane remainded on the ship - where she was ambushed and killed by the Sand Snakes."

It does say the ship, not Myrcella's ship. It's vague and can be taken either way.

I'm sure if someone asked D&D which ship he was on, they either wouldn't know, wouldn't say, or say it was Myrcella's. And then if they were asked how the Sandsnakes got there, they wouldn't have a clue.

Oh and I thought Trystane was a he :D And why can't he set foot in the capital?

Why is Dorne even in the show or books - that is the real question where all of this leads. Is there any reason to assume, in either format, that Dorne is more than filler?

Edited by ummester

@ummester

I mistyped the she/he. It clearly refers to Trystane.

If you read the whole paragraph (see the link), I think it's clear that Trystane is intended to be in Myrcella's ship. ("Myrcella died on the voyage to KL" combined with "Trystane doesn't set foot on KL and remains in the ship".

If they've killed Doran, Trystane and Hotah to appease fans about the Dorne storyline, they've killed off the wrong characters. I'd have been much happier seeing Ellaria and the Sand Snakes dead and seen master schemer Doran and seen Trystane fill the role of Arianne, Quentyn or the Sand Snake (I can't remember her name at the moment, sorry!) who goes to Kings Landing o sit on the Council. And Hotah. Always need more Hotah. 

2 hours ago, RadSam said:

Raven's eye view? As in three eyed raven;).

It's obvious why Dorne is the way it is. It has nothing to do with appeasing fans. It has everything to do with fAegon being cut. 

In the books it's kind of obvious at this point that the end goal is Dorne vs Lannisters. In the books it's Arianne marrying Aegon (or at least that's the set up). 

Unfortunately Aegon most likely being fake and probably being a massive added cost to the show (requires a good deal of casting, probably it's own location, would probably add episodes to the series, oh and not to mention it slows down Tyrion's story lol) made it more feasible to just scrap it. Especially since it relies on history that a good deal of the audience isn't paying attention to.

So they needed a War with Dorne. They didn't want Aegon who was the most likely catalyst for that War. So they had to rewrite everything down there and make someone the catalyst. 

Sucks, but realistically if they did it right everyone is here complaining that only about half the content from the last season happened to accommodate. Rather than Dorne having a handful of shitty scenes and is actually getting to the important story point, 

Good enough first episode of the season.

The Wall - I thought this was done pretty well actually. And, yes, we are supposed to notice the blood. At first I thought Davos was just looking at the amount of it, but a shape could be there. I do feel it's a little rushed for Davos to basically commit his life to getting revenge for Jon. The Mel scene, at first I was like, does she ever NOT show her tits? Then they did the reveal and I understood a little better what they were going for.

Sansa and Theon - ok scene I guess. The dogs disappearing is silly but oh well. It was almost as silly as Sansa doing a Cat impression with Briene. And Pod, last we saw of him on a horse he could barely even ride it and now he can sword fight on one?

Jorah and Dahrio - well we all new last year that they would miraculously find that damn ring. The whole world is around them and they get right onto the path where she was.

Dany - Pretty much what was expected, taking her to Vas Dothrak and she now gets more people for her army.

Dorne - Yeah, I will pretty much ignore this area for a while still.

Boltons - Nice little set up for poor Fat Walda to get Ramsey'd if she is pregnant.