Ran

I didn't like it, you end 2 lines of major famalies in 2 episodes, and just blow through it, but wasted all kinds of time showing sagging tits and Mel as an old woman.  Blow through that part, not the extinction of the Martells.  These dudes are pretty good at taking others material and bringing it to the screen but they aren't very good at making their own stuff up.  And maybe george will do that as well, but George doesn't waste time on small shit, while neglecting the important stuff.  He wastes time on everything.

Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

18 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It's obvious why Dorne is the way it is. It has nothing to do with appeasing fans. It has everything to do with fAegon being cut. 

In the books it's kind of obvious at this point that the end goal is Dorne vs Lannisters. In the books it's Arianne marrying Aegon (or at least that's the set up). 

Unfortunately Aegon most likely being fake and probably being a massive added cost to the show (requires a good deal of casting, probably it's own location, would probably add episodes to the series, oh and not to mention it slows down Tyrion's story lol) made it more feasible to just scrap it. Especially since it relies on history that a good deal of the audience isn't paying attention to.

So they needed a War with Dorne. They didn't want Aegon who was the most likely catalyst for that War. So they had to rewrite everything down there and make someone the catalyst. 

Sucks, but realistically if they did it right everyone is here complaining that only about half the content from the last season happened to accommodate. Rather than Dorne having a handful of shitty scenes and is actually getting to the important story point, 

Reading this, I agree with you. The Dornish are clearly setting up for something big, I just always thought it would be the Martells, not the bastards or the paramour. But as they've pointed out, bastards aren't looked down on in Dorne. 

Hopefully with most of the revenge stuff out of the way, the storyline will pick up. 

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Trystane definitely did not go on a different boat.  Jaime flat out said that he was glad Trystane was going with them right before Myrcella died in the last season finale.  I rewatched the scene to check.  He's also not on the dock with Doran and the women as the boat departs.  He quite clearly got onto the boat with Jaime and Bronn and Myrcella.

Last night's episode also had an establishing shot of the boat that Jaime returned in anchored just outside of King's Landing before they cut to Trystane on that same boat.  How the Sand Snakes got on the boat, let alone how they arrived at the same time as Jaime, is probably destined to go unexplained.  It was just really bad writing, though.

And if the plan was to kill Trystane all along, why not just have Ellaria kiss him too?

Personally, I think that this was a last-minute decision from D&D and not something that was planned as of last year.  I think they saw that the Dorne plot line was poorly received and called an audible.  Of course, it was only poorly received because the writing was awful and all the characters were two dimensional, but whatever.

I agree. Trystane clearly traveled with Jamie and Myrcella. My interpretation was that like when Myrcella went down to Dorne, they took a bit of a circuitous route for her protection. Also they had to stop somewhere to get Myrcella's coffin. This enabled the Snakes to catch up with them and arrive the same day at KL harbor. Jamie went by himself to gently break the news to Cersei. He believed Trystane to have genuinely loved Myrcella and innocent of her murder. If he took the boy with him, Cersei could have easily ordered him killed in her initial rage at her daughter's murder.

Perhaps Ellaria didn't have enough poison for 2 doses on her lips. And she would not have had a chance to reapply before kissing Trystane. 

I enjoy this show a lot more now that I accept that's not as well tied together as the books.

I cheered and clapped many times during this show, especially during the Sansa scene. I think it was good that she was struggling because this is the first time she's been out in a harsh environment. I also like her taking over the Lady Stoneheart role. It really makes more sense for the show than having an undead woman roam around.

So can Jon's own blood  be used to revive him, since it is king's blood? In that case, someone had better go scoop it up!

I think Doran and Areo deserved better deaths but I think it's wise to start getting rid of characters. I wonder if they will announce that they killed him or if they will take advantage of the fact that Doran rarely left the palace (per one of the lines of dialogue) and pretendhe is still alive.. I will confess to being shocked by the Dorne turn of events.

In the show,  is Cersei still at risk for a trialfor the crimes to which she didn't confess,  or is it just about Margaery and Loras now?  On a pickier note, now that Jaime and Cersei have the same haircut, I really wish they had the same color of hair.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

It's obvious why Dorne is the way it is. It has nothing to do with appeasing fans. It has everything to do with fAegon being cut. 

In the books it's kind of obvious at this point that the end goal is Dorne vs Lannisters. In the books it's Arianne marrying Aegon (or at least that's the set up). 

Unfortunately Aegon most likely being fake and probably being a massive added cost to the show (requires a good deal of casting, probably it's own location, would probably add episodes to the series, oh and not to mention it slows down Tyrion's story lol) made it more feasible to just scrap it. Especially since it relies on history that a good deal of the audience isn't paying attention to.

So they needed a War with Dorne. They didn't want Aegon who was the most likely catalyst for that War. So they had to rewrite everything down there and make someone the catalyst. 

Sucks, but realistically if they did it right everyone is here complaining that only about half the content from the last season happened to accommodate. Rather than Dorne having a handful of shitty scenes and is actually getting to the important story point, 

Make sense. The scene does establish an importance - the guards siding with Ellaria and 2 Sand Snakes at King's Landing. Considering Ellaria is the composition of Darkstar and both known to be a Lannisterphobic, chances are that they will side with the Targs against the Lannister. Though I don't know whether Darstar will choose Dany or Aegon though.

As much as how poorly the scene was executed, the content about Doran and Areo dying can be from Winds.

34 minutes ago, nara said:

snip

In the show,  is Cersei still at risk for a trialfor the crimes to which she didn't confess,  or is it just about Margaery and Loras now?  On a pickier note, now that Jaime and Cersei have the same haircut, I really wish they had the same color of hair.

I was thinking the same thing about the hair!

So can Jon's own blood  be used to revive him, since it is king's blood? 

I don't think the Davos scene looking at the blood was for us to detect a shape on it, but just a resource to remind us there is blood there and Davos noticed that. I don't think it will (or can) be used to revive Jon, but Mel could use it for another purpose. She did want it before, or at least a child/shadow from him.

Edited by BlackwaterPark
Missing word

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Jorah and Dahrio - well we all new last year that they would miraculously find that damn ring. The whole world is around them and they get right onto the path where she was.

I think the grass showed where the horde was and where Dany had stood. That's how they could find it so easily.

what was the point of showing the true nature of Melisandre as 90+ years old woman apart of trying to make me excite sexually? maybe they just wanted to show witches looks young just for an illusion, because it takes time to learn magic, maybe just for that? or her magic power is fading? that's why in season 4 she was still young even without the necklace(if the necklace is actually magic)

It looks to me like Mel is being set up to sacrifice herself to bring Jon back.   Life pays for life, and I now believe it will be Mel that gives herself up to bring Jon back.  Right now she is having to cope with the fact that she was wrong about everything, and the only way to keep some of her vision in tact is to revive Jon.  

17 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

It looks to me like Mel is being set up to sacrifice herself to bring Jon back.   Life pays for life, and I now believe it will be Mel that gives herself up to bring Jon back.  Right now she is having to cope with the fact that she was wrong about everything, and the only way to keep some of her vision in tact is to revive Jon.  

That makes sense for the show. It also wouldn't contradict the theory in the books that shireen is sacrificed to save Jon since she has already met her demise and at that point Mel is a disposable character. It would be REALLY disappointing if the point of the ending was to show that the necklace will be used to glamour another character into Jon (Davos?) and that would be his "resurrection". 

10 hours ago, hallam said:

I don't see why people bitch so much about what was a handful of scenes. Much less than in the books BTW. They had to set up the scene for the sand snakes appearing in Kings Landing and show the aftermath of the assassination of Myrcella.

Thats a point, there wasnt much screentime wasted on the dornish plot but part of the frustration is that

many people, me included, simply hoped the dorne story would, with using the three interesting persons there,

pick up pace and finally get good. Well...it did pick up pace for sure....but...the three persons im refering too are dead now ;)

I read some thought on reddit, cant name the exact post now but someone said that maybe they are just trying to

thin out the dorne plot as much as possible because of the bad reactions they got last season, i.e. get over with the most

hated storyline of the show as quickly as possible.........

Anyway...the whole handling of siddig is just weird....cant really think of any reason why he couldnt have been played by a nobody

2 hours ago, Protector of Stokeworth said:

I think the grass showed where the horde was and where Dany had stood. That's how they could find it so easily.

Think you are missing my point. If you are in Mereen and just see a dragon fly off in a general north direction, and you are on horseback, not flying, what are the odds you will track it without seeing it again? You couldn't see anything for miles around when Dany was on top of that hill, nothing and yet they are able to get to her spot.

9 hours ago, MercyTheBlindUglyLittleCat said:

No I think this was to set up a situation similar to the books where the Iron Fleet arriving in Meeren will play a role. They will replace Victarion with Asha/Yara

That is what they will do now. I think that if there were only two seasons left, we would have had very little time for the Ironborn subplot. They killed the fake Aegon plot, I think the ironborn would have gone for much the same reason.

3 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

She could technically be of "Kings Blood" if she really is the Daughter of a Certain Bloodraven...

15 hours ago, briantw said:

Well did you really expect them to resolve that in week one?

15 hours ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

Yeah I think its gong to take a few eps before we know either way for sure.

I knew it won't be all solved but I hoped they will move the story a bit. For me it feels like nothing happend