How would you rate episode 601?

Ran

How would rate episode 601?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

50 minutes ago, Talking Hodor said:

Melisandre's traumatically ancient tetas seem to confirm one good theory - that she's the daughter of Sheira Seastar and the Three-Eyed-Crow Brynden Rivers. Her oldness seems to make sense with that.

Where does this come from, I have seen this a few times now? Shiera has Targaryen hair, Bloodraven has Targaryen hair, Mel is a red head. I have seen no mention of Shiera ever having a child and since she was so sought after and chased, someone would have absolutely mentioned it. 

Mel has been mentioned before to be much older than is known, 100-200 years old. Also, she was a slave as a child, she remembers her child hood. IIRC there is absolutely no mention of her being anything other than what she is.

33 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Its called setup

No its called filler which people like you hate, right? Theres plenty of other shows that dont start off with such absymal first episodes and need the excuse of all setup.

On a sidenote goodjob HBO for eating into 7-8 minutes of the episode with a recap when all this ep does for the majority is recap and trodge along. Not like you have a youtube channel for that... 

37 minutes ago, Batman said:

An entire episode of it? So boring. 

Exactly, I dont recall shows like BreBa, Better call Saul, Daredevil, Vikings etc. having such terrible first episodes do you? 

8 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I think the general opinion is that it was far from terrible. Honestly, hyperbole is so unbecoming.

Do you think so? Really? Could have fooled me, since you use it so often.

22 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I think the general opinion is that it was far from terrible. Honestly, hyperbole is so unbecoming.

Meh, it was still mindless filler that felt more like a retcon to S5's finale but, what do i know about the art of writing when a supposedly realstic feudal show uses words like pussy or greedy bitch. 

9 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Meh, it was still mindless filler that felt more like a retcon to S5's finale but, what do i know about the art of writing when a supposedly realstic feudal show uses words like pussy or greedy bitch. 

Citizens of the realm ... shagging every stableboy ... a sword swallower through and through ... I am not a politician ...  

35 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Lol, shows how little you know then doesn't it. Bitch is a word derived from medieval Germanic, and pussy was referred to for female genetalia as far back as the 16th century but possibly even further.

Unless of course you are expecting the whole show to be in some form of Medieval English , meaning you'd not understand it. Except westeros is not even historical so any talk of what words would or wouldn't be used is nonsensical 

12 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

-snip- 

So I'd say calling this episode 'terrible' would be put you in an extreme minority overall, and even in a minority on a rabid book fanboy board. 

Thats all you've got to say about the show's obvious filler season reset nonsense? I thought the famous C4JS was meant to be more witty? :rofl:

28 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Lol, shows how little you know then doesn't it. Bitch is a word derived from medieval Germanic, and pussy was referred to for female genetalia as far back as the 16th century but possibly even further.

Unless of course you are expecting the whole show to be in some form of Medieval English , meaning you'd not understand it. Except westeros is not even historical so any talk of what words would or wouldn't be used is nonsensical 

Oh now the show is convenietly a fantasy show? XD After all your arguements about 20 commandos and Sansa's arc being realstic in S5.  :lol:

Edited by Ruhail

I give it a 5/10.

I consider previous seasons as a reference, and I don't consider the books as one, because I can compare them right now.

Without Dorne's abomination I'd have given it 6+/10 because Mel's ending (and Carice acting) were terrific, and Cersei and Arya were better than usual. 

However, it has big plot holes and really bad writing in other scenes than prevents me to give it more points.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

The latter word is probably 17th century in origin. It seems to be adapted from 'pursy', meaning 'resembling a purse.'

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

Thats all you've got to say about the show's obvious filler season reset nonsense? I thought the famous C4JS was meant to be more witty? :rofl:

Oh now the show is convenietly a fantasy show? XD After all your arguements about 20 commandos and Sansa's arc being realstic in S5.  :lol:

I don't need to say much. I can let the facts talk for me. 

But don't let anything like facts stop you from ranting,doesn't stop anyone else.

31 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I don't need to say much. I can let the facts talk for me. 

But don't let anything like facts stop you from ranting,doesn't stop anyone else.

Great answer. Love you C4JS xD. 

I gave 5, maybe i was too generous. Some nice visuals, very bad dialogs, many unbelievable plot holes and cartoonish developments. First season is far, looks like fan fiction with poor writing. I also doubt they know how the all thing has to develop. Maybe they only know the equivalent of something like "The butler did it" and they are trying to arrange it their own way. Very bad sensation.

Edited by grey_scale

4 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Should also point out that this episode has a 92% score on Rotten Tomatoes, 

The same Rotten Tomatoes that has season 1 at 83%(before it was cool) and last season at 98%? But I don't even know why I'm going there because using those sites as any type of factual evidence that it's good is beyond absurd.