How would you rate episode 601?

Ran

How would rate episode 601?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Thats all you've got to say about the show's obvious filler season reset nonsense? I thought the famous C4JS was meant to be more witty? :rofl:

Oh now the show is convenietly a fantasy show? XD After all your arguements about 20 commandos and Sansa's arc being realstic in S5.  :lol:

Realistic doesn't have to mean Earth-like. Words used in the show don't have to match words used in high-medieval England, because that is not Westeros. 20GM is plausible on both Earth and Westeros.

I think the show has generally been good at portraying violence or dangerous situations in believable ways; thus, it's disappointing that many of the scenes required me to suspend disbelief:

1.  The Bolton dogs were not particularly vicious once they came face to face with Sansa and then they disappeared during the fight between Brienne/Pod and the Bolton men.

2.  I assumed when Theon and Sansa entered the river there would be serious risk of hypothermia coming. Instead they reappear a scene later completely dry. 

3. The blows Arya took to the head were so over the top.  Those types of blows would cause her skull to fracture.

9 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I don't need to say much. I can let the facts talk for me. 

But don't let anything like facts stop you from ranting,doesn't stop anyone else.

You're definition of facts keep changing to suit your arguments, which are also so inconsistent and all over the place. 

11 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Should also point out that this episode has a 92% score on Rotten Tomatoes, 73% on Metacritic, 8.3 among metacritic users, and an 8.5 on IMDB.

So I'd say calling this episode 'terrible' would be put you in an extreme minority overall, and even in a minority on a rabid book fanboy board

Now which rabid book fanboy board are you referrring to? This forum? Coz it appears to me that the general consensus on this forum was that the Ep wasn't very impressive. Also, pointing to Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB scores to prove the show was good is a very lazy argument. 

7 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

The same Rotten Tomatoes that has season 1 at 83%(before it was cool) and last season at 98%? But I don't even know why I'm going there because using those sites as any type of factual evidence that it's good is beyond absurd.

Yes, it's hillarious how the ratings on these sites are qouted as proof that something must be good. 

even without taking the books into account the episode was (once again) "shocking" moments and nothing more plot hole after plot hole the dorne bit was horrible, the dothraki were fierce don't give a fuck about nothing thugs and now they have to ask permission to rape some random blonde woman (it would be different if they knew dany but being the only blonde khaleesi on the dothraki sea and having razed a couple of cities and having dragons ain't enough to make you famous), sansa asking the guy who kicked her family of winterfell for approval, davos and mel bff's at the wall, davos not even asking about his beloved princess, the lord commander of the nights watch unable to retrieve a corpse because there is a door 4 guys (one with only one hand) and a direwolf (already proven direwolves are NOT arrowproof). tyrion and varys strolling trought the favelas of meereen one of them a DWARF and on top of that A WESTEROSI DWARF now top dog in the city that dragons and an army of unsullied couldn't hold.

ps: "we are not sailing to westeros any time before the end of the season"

lame

Edited by tormund's beard

3 hours ago, Peter Howie said:

I think the show has generally been good at portraying violence or dangerous situations in believable ways; thus, it's disappointing that many of the scenes required me to suspend disbelief:

1.  The Bolton dogs were not particularly vicious once they came face to face with Sansa and then they disappeared during the fight between Brienne/Pod and the Bolton men.

2.  I assumed when Theon and Sansa entered the river there would be serious risk of hypothermia coming. Instead they reappear a scene later completely dry. 

3. The blows Arya took to the head were so over the top.  Those types of blows would cause her skull to fracture.

Welcome to the forum! Yeah Ramsay's disappearing hounds are right up there with his 20 good men. 

3 hours ago, teej6 said:

Now which rabid book fanboy board are you referrring to? This forum? Coz it appears to me that the general consensus on this forum was that the Ep wasn't very impressive. Also, pointing to Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB scores to prove the show was good is a very lazy argument. 

Well it shows that outside of this board there is a general opinion that the episode WASN'T terrible, in fact it was very much liked. 

Even on this board more people have rated the episode a 7 or an 8 out of ten than a 1. You can really imagine the sort of people who rated it a one.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Well it shows that outside of this board there is a general opinion that the episode WASN'T terrible, in fact it was very much liked. 

Even on this board more people have rated the episode a 7 or an 8 out of ten than a 1. You can really imagine the sort of people who rated it a one.

I imagine the people who rated it a 1 could possibly consist of critical thinkers unable to suspend disbelief at some of the silliness of some of the action scenes. Perhaps some people were not impressed at dialogue where male captors could do nothing but ponder on the colour of a lead female characters pubic hair. Some people may have higher expectations of the dialogue scripted in GoT and therefore voted it a 1 out of 10 due to being disappointed by these issues!

Edited by Neds Secret

1 minute ago, Neds Secret said:

I imagine the people who rated it a 1 could possibly consist of critical thinkers unable to suspend disbelief at some of the silliness of some of the action scenes. Perhaps some people were not impressed at dialogue where male captors could do nothing but ponder on the colour of a lead female characters pubic hair. Some people may have higher expectations of the dialogue scripted in GoT and therefore voted it a 1 out of 10 due to be disappointed by these issues!

Thats not quite what I imagined.

19 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Exactly, I dont recall shows like BreBa, Better call Saul, Daredevil, Vikings etc. having such terrible first episodes do you? 

Daredevil knocked it out of the park with their Season 2 opener. Showed you where the characters were now, but kept it fast-paced and exciting. It was not 50 minutes of updating the audience, 2 minutes of sword fighting and 1 minutes of Dornish killings*. 

*Numbers not precise. 

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Daredevil knocked it out of the park with their Season 2 opener. Showed you where the characters were now, but kept it fast-paced and exciting. It was not 50 minutes of updating the audience, 2 minutes of sword fighting and 1 minutes of Dornish killings*. 

*Numbers not precise. 

Man that was one of the best opening episodes of a show ive personally ever watched. Bet if any other show opened as sloppily as GoT they wouldnt get a free pass.

Gave it a 3 because I was either bored or enraged most of the time - bored with the story at Castle Black, enraged at what they had done to Dorne. There were some nice scenes, though - Cersei realising that her only daughter is dead (well done by Lena - even a friend of mine who hates Cersei pitied her there for a Moment); the Dothraki conversation that strongly reminded me of Conan; Sansa and Brienne (yes!); Roose telling Ramsay that he won't get anything if Walda gives birth to a boy unless Ramsay can produce an heir of his own (in your face, Ramsay!); Jon Snow still being dead for now (I really hope he stays that way). But other than that I thought it was pretty dull resp. underwhelming and come to think of it, I have more criticism than praise.

For instance, Davos, who must know by now that his king is dead and that his beloved king murdered his own daughter doesn't grieve at all? Seriously? He just sits in his chambers and only leaves them because Ghost is whining? Argh. I thought there would be more grief and despair since Davos loved both Stannis and Shireen - it just wasn't there which was a great disappointment. Instead, Davos guards Jon's dead body with a couple of men. Yawn. And all of a sudden, he seems to think very highly of Melisandre. Totally didn't buy that because he's always been on his guard around her. And now she's his only hope? Seriously? She who urged his king into burning his only child? That seemed so out of character.

Dany being on the road again. Yawn. I'm growing tired of watching her to reach Westeros and failing. Maybe it's not her destiny to go there after all? Has she ever considered that? Now that her fleet has been burnt down, she cannot go to Westeros anyway unless she's mounting a dragon and flying there - which still leaves the problem of transportation for what's left of the Unsullied. Oh, and speaking of Dany resp. the Dothraki: They have heard of Khal Drogo but not of his silverhaired Khaleesi from Westeros? Are you kidding me?

Dorne. Arghargharghargh. Just when I thought they couldn't mess it up any more, they did. But maybe killing off Doran and Trystane actually means they'll kill of the atrocious Dornish storyline for good. I don't want to see those stupid Sand Snakes any more, and I'm disgusted by what they did to Ellaria.

Where the hell is Bronn? Did he jump ship or what?

CSI Jorah - I knew he'd find that ring but when he did, it felt so... cheap. I almost expected him to remove sunglasses. Also, by now the audience should know that he has greyscale; no need to have him look at his arm every five minutes. And since when does he get on so well with Daario?

Jaime and Cersei. So now they're back to normal, eh? "Normal" meaning that there are no hard feelings between them any longer. Didn't buy it. I expected Cersei to blame Jaime for Myrcella's death since she's been pushing him around all the time and sent him off to Dorne last season. Also, she blamed him for being a captive and not returning to her earlier. Granted, the Walk of Shame may have changed her but that much? I don't believe it. Also, why didn't Jaime ask what had happened to Cersei resp. her hair? He must have noticed that yet he didn't say a word. Just the old "Us against the world"-shit.

I really hope the season gets better and that this was just a weak opening.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:38 AM, Talking Hodor said:

Let's see how well anyone remembers some rarely used oath after a months-long Ramsay rape fest, a giant leap into a snowbank that had to be 20 feet deep in order to break their falls uninjured, a hopeless trudge through rough terrain and a freakin' ice river, not to mention the epic battle swirling around them. 

Sure, let's see. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

It's a bit funny and sad at the same time how people who hate that show so much come up with illogical stuff while bashing the lack of logic in the script. Pot/kettle black, basically.

7/10. Nice opening scene. I thought it could be as good as 'Two swords' but nope, their season premiere are always uneven. 

I gave it an 8.  Partly, probably, because I'm just glad it's back :-)

Not a 10 because, well, Dorne and the Bad Pussy Revolution.  Let's avenge Oberyn by killing off the rest of his family?  And what a waste of a fantastic actor (Doran/Siddig) and a nuanced plot in the books.  I'm assuming there was a second ship or something to get them there so fast.  I'm also assuming that because they made such a horrible job of it last season they just decided to kill that thread off and be done with it.

The stuff at the Wall was excellent (and no I don't think there was a continuity error with Mel, we saw the glass bottles albeit out of focus, she didn't take her potion but she did before she took the bath in that other episode).  Van Houten, Teale and Cunningham were all superb.

Loved Brienne's oath enough to see past the tiny chasing party Ramsay sent after the one single most strategically important "asset" he has, namely Sansa.  I guess it was just one group and other groups were looking elsewhere or something.  Very much looking forward to Sansa's arc this season.  Also enjoyed the Roose/Ramsay scene.

Arya - as expected and we kind of know how her season will pan out already, or at least the first half of it.  Ditto Dany (loved the Monty Python bit - the second time they've referenced Python within Dany's storyline).

Kings Landing - I can accept what we got, as scene-set for what is to come, though I wanted to see a little more.  Headey did a fantastic job.

And actually that was most of the episode - setting the scene for the rest of the series and wanting to see a little more than we got in each place (except Dorne).  I hope the other episodes are longer - it felt very short.

I'm pleased it's back and I'm enjoying waiting for the next episode.

On 4/27/2016 at 0:06 PM, dbunting said:

Where does this come from, I have seen this a few times now? Shiera has Targaryen hair, Bloodraven has Targaryen hair, Mel is a red head. I have seen no mention of Shiera ever having a child and since she was so sought after and chased, someone would have absolutely mentioned it. 

Mel has been mentioned before to be much older than is known, 100-200 years old. Also, she was a slave as a child, she remembers her child hood. IIRC there is absolutely no mention of her being anything other than what she is.

Yes, this. I'd love an explanation for the theory of Melisandre as Shiera and Bloodraven's child, especially with the recollection of her childhood she shared with Gendry (poor Gendry). 

1 hour ago, Sand11751 said:

Yes, this. I'd love an explanation for the theory of Melisandre as Shiera and Bloodraven's child, especially with the recollection of her childhood she shared with Gendry (poor Gendry). 

Yeah, reminds me of the book forums where new people throw out these wild "theories" with no evidence or merit. I have to admit I have had some dumb ones of my own though. I thought Benjen was Jons dad for a while, so I guess I should remember to be nice about theories!