How would you rate episode 601?

Ran

How would rate episode 601?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

6 - probably one of my lowest rated episodes.

I re watched them all again before this (which includes season 5) and Dorne is just cheap, every time it appears. Remove Dorne and the quality of the show would be more equal across all seasons.

Arguably, book Dorne is also a bit of a waste of words, so I dunno - Obyren was a great plot element but I guess we just didn't need to know anything more about his homeland.

Brienne is also becoming silly in show but... Brienne also became a bit silly in book.

You know what it feels like - there is more filler than main story happening. This thing is being dragged out in book and show - it's just not necessary. Concentrate on the main characters and story and wrap things up already.

So far 49 people have given it a 1-5 and 39 people have given it a 6-10. I give it a 6. I like GoT, but I like the books 100x better. Something about a show whose run time is less than an hour (52-54 mins) giving screen time to 6 or 7 different plot lines for less than 10 mins a piece leaves me very unsatisfied. I wish they would have increased the run time another 10-15 mins per episode.

I gave the episode a very generous 7.

D&D used the episode to clean up a lot of the messes they'd created in previous seasons.  The Dornish story line in season 5 was cartoonishly bad?  Kill everyone in Dorne.  Have you changed your mind about whether to include the Greyjoys in future seasons?  Burn the fleet Daario bought for Dany.  But I think the story lines for Jon, Sansa, Arya, Jaime, Tyrion. & Dany are still strong.  I'm looking forward to the return of Bran next week.  Every season has a slow first episode, this episode suffered from the need to clean up issues from previous seasons, but overall I think it's still solid.

48 minutes ago, ummester said:

You know what it feels like - there is more filler than main story happening. This thing is being dragged out in book and show - it's just not necessary. Concentrate on the main characters and story and wrap things up already.

This, a thousand times this. We don't need all the peripheral storytelling, just put the pieces where they need to be and focus on the main characters. I swear, this show isn't really satisfying to watch unless you string two or three of them together, and ain't nobody got time for that. Unless you're unemployed, or don't sleep.

Boo - what complete and utter shit!!

I gave it a 1, mainly because there is no 0 available. 

Lets divide this into what I liked and what I didnt. Like: The wall - that it.

What I didnt like - everything else. 

1. Why is Roose concerned about fighting the Lannisters?? Cause he lost Sansa? Makes no sense. Why do the Lannisters care about Sansa? Wasnt Roose already betraying the IT by marrying Ramsay to Sansa, considering she is wanted for Joff's murder?? And how on earth is there going to be a Lannister army in the North? If I'm sitting in the North I would be laughing at any southron idiot who thinks he can invade, not fearing him more than Stannis Baratheon. How come he never mentions the other Northern lords??

2. This is probably not a valid criticism but I found it oddly out of character for a Stark to say its too cold. 

3. KL sucks. Jaime has become pre prisoner Jaime again. So all his character development goes down the drain. Why dont D&D just grow his hand back - wouldnt be the least illogical thing they did on this show.

4. Dorne. What a letdown. So Doran is not forced into a war he is simply murdered. And apparently he only has one loyal guard, who is a complete idiot and does no weapons checks on anyone coming near his prince. I'm not the greatest fan of Book Doran but at least he had a plan for revenge - they just butchered his character in the show. Literally

5. Is it just me or has Emilia Clarke put on some weight? Also what was the point of that scene? Random filler garbage

6. Old Mel - killed my boner. Im downvoting just for that. Why on earth do D&D think we need to see the disgusting old woman naked to get the point Mel is old.

7. So whats the escape plan for the sand snakes on the ship? Were they even originally on the ship?? I cant remember. Is Cersei going to let the ship go back to Dorne? Arent Dorne and the IT at war now? Is she going to let valuable prisoners of war like their fucking prince and the sand snakes just run away scot-free? Also isnt the ship Dornish? Why did Trystane allow the ship to go to KL? Didnt he realize that once Myrcella is dead the Lannisters will kill him on arrival? You know what Fu*k it - Dorne makes 0 sense. I dont doubt the sand snakes will be able to swim all the way back to Dorne in 1 night. 

19 hours ago, Barty said:

1. Why is Roose concerned about fighting the Lannisters?? Cause he lost Sansa? Makes no sense. Why do the Lannisters care about Sansa? Wasnt Roose already betraying the IT by marrying Ramsay to Sansa, considering she is wanted for Joff's murder?? And how on earth is there going to be a Lannister army in the North? If I'm sitting in the North I would be laughing at any southron idiot who thinks he can invade, not fearing him more than Stannis Baratheon. How come he never mentions the other Northern lords??

I thought it was intresting how Roose asked who gave Staniis the final blow, and that Ramsey didnt know. Do you think they found his body? I thought it could indicate Stannis lives:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Jedi Renee said:

I thought it was intresting how Roose asked who gave Staniis the final blow, and that Ramsey didnt know. Do you think they found his body? I thought it could indicate Stannis lives:ph34r:

I think it just confirms Stannis is dead. They found his dead body but didnt know who killed him. 

19 hours ago, Barty said:

I think it just confirms Stannis is dead. They found his dead body but didnt know who killed him. 

Would Roose recognize Stannis do you think? I am pretty sure Ramsey wouldn't be able to. Will be interesting to see if Brienne sheds any light on the matter.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Gave it a 3. For the (unintentional) comedic value, and b/c if I rate the first ep 1, where do I go from there? But gods be good, a much worse atrocity than I expected, the dialogue reached a new level of cringeworthyness that I didn't think was even possible at this point. 

hear hear

6 minutes ago, Jedi Renee said:

Would Roose recognize Stannis do you think? I am pretty sure Ramsey wouldn't be able to. Will be interesting to see if Brienne sheds any light on the matter.

In the books i dont think so - Maybe he met Stannis when Ned lifted the siege of Storm's End - but thats like 17 years ago. But when has logic ever stopped D&D from doing what they want.