[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

8 minutes ago, hedgeknight001 said:

5 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Gendry did the deed, no doubt whatsoever, then he got leeched for it, nice Stannis foreshadowing actually!

Ok then. See, it was three seasons ago, i didn't remember. By the way, I guess at this point, Gendry has already sailed off the edge of the world, and he is rowing in the seven hells or something. I just love the left hanging, gone nowhere storylines on this show...

12 minutes ago, Red Helm said:

The male in question is also Ironborn, correct? That further highlights the silly nature of that scene.

(if the male in question is Pod, then correct me).

Yeah it was stupid that she looked at theon for approval. But, pod filled her in with the words, and he's a squire so he'd know. I get what you're saying that she might know the words, but I think it's a good reason for pod to say something. The dialogue on this show has gone to absolute shit, though, so I thought it was a rare instance of  subtlety for her not know the words of a southern oath. 

7 minutes ago, Saturno said:

Well, I am no feminist but Sansa waiting for Theon's approval so she can accept Brienne's pledge actually offended me. D&D verbally announce that Sansa is developing her independence and yet they write her without a single drop of agency, initiative or even spirit.

I'm not a feminist either, but D&D strike me as some of the most misogynistic writers on television who know absolutely nothing about women.

5 hours ago, BlueNightzx said:

OK, so at this point dorne is just feminist propaganda, since they ruined dorne beyond redemption, they might as well gain points in the media by empowering the bad pussy brigade, and that line of weak men. i bet they will win some award by this

You want the white haired pussy, but you need the bad pussy

I would like to point out that this has nothing to do with feminism, even if D&D will try to sell it as that. It depicts women as irrational morons.

ETA: Oh, and what WallFlower says a couple of posts down.

You know, I'm starting to get really tired about all the off-screen happenings.  No mention of how the f*** Sansa and Theon survive.  No mention of Cersei's walk to Jaime.  No mention of how the location/non-execution of Trystane and the Sand Snakes is supposed to make sense.  No Davos getting an explanation of events from Mel (even a fake one!).  Dany making it before the Khal, not claiming to be a former Khaleesi, without any Dothraki recreational activities.

Then the little things characterization wise.  Jaime the "fight for what daddy built" voice to Cersei.  Thorne making a "power grab" by killing Jon (instead of maintaining what he believes the institution of the watch is).  Areo totally inept bodyguard (seriously, what was the point of putting so much effort into his weapon?  He never uses it).  Hell, I'm to the point that Doran walking is pissing me off.  

10,000th molehill...

1 minute ago, JonSnow4President said:

Then the little things characterization wise.  Jaime the "fight for what daddy built" voice to Cersei.  Thorne making a "power grab" by killing Jon (instead of maintaining what he believes the institution of the watch is).  Areo totally inept bodyguard (seriously, what was the point of putting so much effort into his weapon?  He never uses it).  Hell, I'm to the point that Doran walking is pissing me off.  

10,000th molehill...

Jaime is so inconsistent on the show it's painful. Does he care about his children or not? Does he care if people know the truth about him and Cersei? Does he care about power and his family and preserving the Lannister name or not? The answer to all of those is both yes and no. And don't get me started on Thorne. Last season, he opened the gates to Jon and the wildlings only to assasinate him an episode later. Why did he do that? Areo was barely noticable on the show, a background character almost. Doran and his actor was so wasted it actually made me angry.

24 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

You know, I'm starting to get really tired about all the off-screen happenings.  No mention of how the f*** Sansa and Theon survive.  No mention of Cersei's walk to Jaime.  No mention of how the location/non-execution of Trystane and the Sand Snakes is supposed to make sense.  No Davos getting an explanation of events from Mel (even a fake one!).  Dany making it before the Khal, not claiming to be a former Khaleesi, without any Dothraki recreational activities.

10,000th molehill...

I hear that on the inside the episode segment that airs on some cable networks and such little things like the plot and character motivations are quite well explained by D$D themselves, otherwise it's really all quite random, the character wakes up and thinks who do I need revenge on today and they take it from there. Simple really, it's all about vengeance!

Didn't D&D once talk about a scene where a chair being pushed around for 2 minutes had a deep and symbolic meaning? They are so fucking stupid.  I know GRRM knows it too.  Yeah, he is making a ton of money so I'm sure he's happy about that, but I feel like they really pulled a fast one over him in their meetings, because he had been approached many times before and turned them all down.  

I met GRRM a few years ago at QuestCon in Kansas City.  I asked him, "What do you think of the change from Jeyne Westerling to Talisa?"  He said, "I guess they thought they could write a better character."  I have heard him make other snarky remarks like this too.  Yes, he'll back up the show and he's not going to trash talk it, but there is no way he is finding this trash good.  

35 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

10,000th molehill...

I saw D$D describe Olly and Thornes assassination as a "power grab" on the inside the episode and I yelled at the screen. They even tied it in to bad blood in season one when Jon tried to stab Thorne and I thought who am I to argue. I thought it was the Nights Watch faction that were trying to maintain their false premise of the Wildlings being the true Enemy and therefore keep themselves and their recent history relevant hence them proclaiming " for the watch" as they each stabbed Jon. I, in my naivety viewed it as a political assasination by a conservative faction of the watch otherwise  if it was just a power grab for Alliser they would have yelled "for Alliser" as they drove their blades into Jons body! But hey,  It's the D$D way to confound the viewer!

40 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I would like to point out that this has nothing to do with feminism, even if D&D will try to sell it as that. It depicts women as irrational morons.

Well I am a feminist, and I really resent the shit out of feminism being blamed for this! Especially when book Ellaria was an actual voice of reason in the Dornish subplot and has been changed to some one who makes book Cersei look smart and reasonable.

52 minutes ago, teemo said:

I'm not a feminist either, but D&D strike me as some of the most misogynistic writers on television who know absolutely nothing about women.

Make it a third. Not a feminist nor I follow (so-called) feminist media, and this show is shit.

And many feminists also love this show, so... :dunno: To each their own?

Also, not only they write women wrong, they also write men really bad... it's like everybody up in the Wall is a rapist...!

If there's one thing the show is consistent with, it's showing us Olly Reaction Shot every time anything happens in the Castle Black.

Loved also Dorne. Brilliant parody of ASOIAF. So bad!

D&D keeps setting themselves very low standards, yet they hilariously don't manage to reach them. It's quite beautiful, actually, to see the show going on its own without the books. Hilarious.

So, have Loras and Marge been imprisoned for some more weeks (the time it takes for Jaime's journey back home) or minutes (the time from Jon's death to Davos removing his body)? And why do Oleanna/ Mance not... Idk, DO something to get theim out?!

What bothered me the most is that it was really anticlimactic:

First of all: For a moment I feared we need to suffer and episode without seing any tits. What a pleasure Mel found the time to undress /irony off
Okay, they let Jon stay dead for another episode. Great! That's the kind of excitement and thrill I wish from GoT. That catharsis you're feeling right now.
Sansa and Theon walking through a 20 meters broad frozen river? No problemo. Hypothermia? What's that? No need to suffer. Of course the dogs find them nevertheless and of course Batman and Robin come to save the day. I really loved how in the WoW preview chapter ...

Spoiler

Theon escaped but landed somewhere he needed to fear for his life even more.

That's GoT. You're supposed to fear for everyone. Brienne felt like a big plot amor to me. 

Cersei, the probably most psychotic and mad character in the whole saga is, what?, just fine with her daughter being killed? She burned down half of the Red Keep after Tywin died in the books. No, Cersei would never throw a tantrum after things like this. Check and move on, I guess. Compared to the thrill of the storyline in the books that was just "meh!"

Alright, to Dorne then. Great, wow. Let's forget the irony of the Sand Snakes hurting little girls and killing Martells to drive home the point that killing little girls and Martells is bad. The poisoing of Myrcella could have been a great twist in Dorne. Doran vs. Ellaria & her Sand Snakes. That could be thrilling. Nah! We need to reach a dead bodies count here. 

Dany: Fans wondered whether or not she would go to Westeros any time soon. Right, there it is again: Suspense. Better burn the fleet to send a crystal clear message. It reads "F*ck you, idiots!"

TL;DR:
D&D. The first episode of a season is for establishing a season arc and building suspense not destroying it.

25 minutes ago, teemo said:

Would just like to add how much I hate how the episode begins with Ghost making noise, as usual.  Fucking noisy mongrel.  

I did not see the episode yet but I did saw a gif with Ghost touching Jon's hand? This is the first scene in ever we had a sweet scene with a Stark and his/her wolf. And he did have a screentime! 

Still he should not make any noise.

Archived