[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

25 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I would have quite liked the Mel reveal if it had been structured to end on the creepy mirror image of her face without the necklace. It didn't need the extra shock value. The fact she has been shown without it before displays further evidence of their lack of forethought and consistency.

Do you think the show runners have heard the concept of 'less is more'?

No, I don't. Where GoT and Mr Benioff and Mr Weiss are concerned, more is always more. 

Let me get this straight, i didn't like Dorne, was shocked by Doran's death, even though after reading the last book i always had a feeling he will die in Winds.

Also, where did the dogs disappear ? Or were they only tracking dogs and not the fighting type that we saw when Asha confronted Ramsay ?

13 hours ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Petition to rename these threads "Salt Mines"

Honestly, this episode wasnt bad except one thing. And this one thing was so bad, it damn near ruined the whole thing for me. Dammit. And that was Dorne. Wtf was that? What was that? Who in their right mind would kill Doran? Hes too important, so why the hell...ugh! Murder Doran and his son, for what? What the fuck does anyone have to gain from that? That is not Ellaria Sand. Ellaria Sand isnt that fucking stupid. Murdering Areo was the last straw too. He was the best. I want someone to murder those goddamned Sand Snabbers right now. Why are D&D making these guys out to be villains? 

Also, Ramsay actually gave a shit about Myranda? Youre kidding me, right?

Well, in the latter case, I think they were just trying to set up the punchline of his funeral plans being to just feed her to the dogs.  Whether that worked or not, is another matter, but I think that was the attempt.  As long as The Roose lets loose and reminds his son that he and his 20 (16! Thanks, Brie!) Good Men really Aren't All That, I can cut some slack.

[Please don't kill Roose yet, show :( ]

As for Dorne, I'm kinda glad they seem to be euthanizing the whole plot arc by just killing everyone off.  It was the weakest part of the show, and with Faegon and JonCon preemptively cut from the story Dorne largely becomes safe for pruning.  It's all been pretty terrible, cutting their losses and moving on isn't so bad.

Of course, the worst part of the arc was doing the killing rather than the getting killed, but I'm happy to have the show back and thus still in a good mood, so I'll have some patience and extend some benefit of the doubt.  If the snakes don't die of their own redundance (seriously, CVH beats them handily in the tit showing dept. and Brienne covers the "see? We're not misogynist because we have a woman character who FIGHTS and KICKS ASS" base better than they do [and for that matter so does Asha  if/when they remember she's on the show too], nor are the snakes turning in any essential can't-miss acting performances either [though they could just be more victims of some BAD dialogue-writing]) in a few episodes, then I'll get saltier.  We need neither them NOR their bad pussies.

So, I'll give them a few episodes to get killed off too.  We're due to have another attempt at flying the "Oh Cersei's not totally evil, she's just a angry MOM!" flag, maybe her vengeance killing Spear Spice and/or Whippy Spice will suffice on that front.

Dorne got mishandled from the beginning.  Give it a proper burial and move on.

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Do you think the show runners have heard the concept of 'less is more'?

Just imagine that Game of Thrones is any current horror movie. More is more and better. Anything interesting about the first movie must be in every sequel and on crack. (like the Saw movies with the traps. Used in the first movie to introduce Jigsaw - to being the star of the movies) 

I would compare it to a Nightmare on Elm Street (with Freddy becoming the star of the movies), but it doesn't deserve that. It's more like the remake. Lots of cheap scares and ruining iconic moments. It's even got an Oscar nominated actor being absolutely terrible. 

Also don't forget lots of shocking! moments and completely gratuitous violence. 

47 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

Just imagine that Game of Thrones is any current horror movie. More is more and better. Anything interesting about the first movie must be in every sequel and on crack. (like the Saw movies with the traps. Used in the first movie to introduce Jigsaw - to being the star of the movies) 

I would compare it to a Nightmare on Elm Street (with Freddy becoming the star of the movies), but it doesn't deserve that. It's more like the remake. Lots of cheap scares and ruining iconic moments. It's even got an Oscar nominated actor being absolutely terrible. 

Also don't forget lots of shocking! moments and completely gratuitous violence. 

Yes, without a doubt. Those horror franchises thought they were capitalising on what was popular about the original film. GoT thinks it is capitalising on what was popular in early seasons.

This show is fan fiction written by people who think they can do better than the original writer and they are going to change everything they want even though it leads to stupid situations happening and people doing things totally out of character. But David Benioff did write the gem that is X-Men Origins Wolverine so now he is doing to ASOIAF what he did to Deadpool in that movie. I'm only watching because I don't even know if George will ever finish the books and I want to at least have some sort of ending. The death scenes of Doran and Trystane were hilarious though, I hope we will have more comedic gems like that this season, maybe they could have Ellaria kill Tommen in front of everyone in the middle of the day and laughing manically or have Melisandre sneaking Jon's body out of Castle black by distracting the rest of the Night's Watch with her nakedness whilst Davos and company sneak by with it. I'm not as good of a writer as D&D, I'm sure they can come up with much funnier stuff.

16 hours ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Eh, honestly it'd be more appropriate to rename every other show thread "the kool-aid station." 

Sorry, this is the first time I've been able to get onto the website today without it freezing up on me. Not surprisingly, Dorne is leading in Game of Polls (vote now!), though the longer I think about it, the Stark Sisters were really, really treated horribly in this episode. Passivity amplified, and of course in direct contrast to any book characterization (not that I'm shocked).

My fuller thoughts are here, but like...the plotholes and motivation switches and teleportation and breaks of internal logic were not remotely subtle. I don't understand this show's reception.

16 hours ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Eh, honestly it'd be more appropriate to rename every other show thread "the kool-aid station." 

Sorry, this is the first time I've been able to get onto the website today without it freezing up on me. Not surprisingly, Dorne is leading in Game of Polls (vote now!), though the longer I think about it, the Stark Sisters were really, really treated horribly in this episode. Passivity amplified, and of course in direct contrast to any book characterization (not that I'm shocked).

My fuller thoughts are here, but like...the plotholes and motivation switches and teleportation and breaks of internal logic were not remotely subtle. I don't understand this show's reception.

4 hours ago, aliasocfan said:

I feel like we didn't mention this before. It was really nice of the show to give Kit Harrington a starring credit for playing a corpse. While it's probably some of the better work he's done, it's a tad excessive for a completely dead character. 

They could have at least thrown in special guest star at the beginning of the end credits to throw people off. 

We're all used to Kit's stiff acting by now.

4 hours ago, aliasocfan said:

I feel like we didn't mention this before. It was really nice of the show to give Kit Harrington a starring credit for playing a corpse. While it's probably some of the better work he's done, it's a tad excessive for a completely dead character. 

They could have at least thrown in special guest star at the beginning of the end credits to throw people off. 

We're all used to Kit's stiff acting by now.

Archived