[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

30 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

No Tom W. either.  We'll have to see what kind of costume he's got this year.  

Fucking fuck fuck.

Unfortunately, iirc, I thought I saw footage or pics of Tom with that gods awful acid wash bathrobe again?  

I'm new to the rant and rave thread this year. Looking forward to coming back and reading after each episode airs. However I have noticed some special nicknames on this thread already, I'm guessing Carol and Larry equals Cersei and Jaime. I was hoping someone could help give a run down of the lingo for this thread (if there is more to know). 

4 minutes ago, Lord Greenhood said:

I'm new to the rant and rave thread this year. Looking forward to coming back and reading after each episode airs. However I have noticed some special nicknames on this thread already, I'm guessing Carol and Larry equals Cersei and Jaime. I was hoping someone could help give a run down of the lingo for this thread (if there is more to know). 

There you go: http://theculturalvacuum.tumblr.com/post/116816249708/the-book-snob-glossary

18 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Unfortunately, iirc, I thought I saw footage or pics of Tom with that gods awful acid wash bathrobe again?  

I remember the bath robe from hell in pics for s 6 too. :ack:

50 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup, bore us to death with the same ole twosomes having the same ole convos.  You know it's bad when the boredom comes through in the actors' performances, LOL   It's not really funny as I'm not laughing, I'm more rolling my eyes.

I agree on Carol with Tommen.  She may not completely wash her hands of him, but she'll be resigned to seeing him go, LOL  Damn, will we have a shot at Lunkhead Larry becoming Jaime again?  

Looks like Carol will go crazy THIS season as opposed to last season. Because the show is planned so well. On the bright side, if she goes nuts we never have to hear her love chats with Larry ever again. 

Just finished reading through this thread after watching the episode. I agree with pretty much all that has been said already but wanted to note how the portrayal of the Sand Snakes is almost a textbook example of the Rule of Women myth common in deeply Patriarchal societies, that is designed to discredit any suggestion that women should hold political power. Yet their action is supposed to be seen as empowering...

1 hour ago, Lord Greenhood said:

Welcome :)

is it me or is GoT filled primarily with monologues?
I mean we had Thorne's speech, Faullaria monologing to Doran after killing him, the Duderothkis essentially dialoguing without interacting with Dany, 1st half of Carol/Larry scene was Carol monologing, Ramsey scene was a monologue, Doran essentially monologue up until Faullaria killed him, Tyrion/Varys was essentially one long monologue

The only "conversations" I remember were sansa theon, Sansa Brienne (sort of), 2nd half of Carol-Larry, knights watch scenes and Dany dothraki Kahl meeting.

just seems kind of weird and sort of bugs me

17 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

It's not just you. Daenerys is particularly egregious, she talks almost exclusively in monologues.

It's harder for her to keep the deadpan delivery when it's an actual conversation, so the monologue is helpful to support the vacant imperial stare+deadpanning. As well the monologue is another opp to list her titles...which I started to wonder, is the show doing this now to make her seem silly? or what?  

17 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

It's not just you. Daenerys is particularly egregious, she talks almost exclusively in monologues.

It's harder for her to keep the deadpan delivery when it's an actual conversation, so the monologue is helpful to support the vacant imperial stare+deadpanning. As well the monologue is another opp to list her titles...which I started to wonder, is the show doing this now to make her seem silly? or what?  

It would best to prepare yourselves for monologues by Bloodraven. Isaac just told in an interview Bloodraven might have lot speech which might look as filler. 

He’s a charming man. There are certain lines that you think are almost fillers, lines you don’t think are imperative to any kind of storytelling, like, “He’s over there.” But when Max von Sydow says it, it sounds like it’s the most important news you’ve ever heard. He just amplifies the sense of creativeness and it’s quite something to stand next to. Even short lines that I would have no clue to how to make sound interesting he does it so effortlessly. And he’s also a completely lovely man.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/27/game-thrones-bran-season-6

Long live the actor?

For the people interested: an article on the nonsense of Theon, Sansa, Brienne and Pod scene: http://www.fandomfollowing.com/game-of-nonsense-week-one/

Archived