[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

I was just looking back at my 10 predictions for season 6, and it looks like, only one episode in, I was right on the money:

01. Sansa will be empowered by her fall from the wall.
02. Tyrion will be witty, hapless and good.
03. Brienne will smash things.
04. Olly will stare at people and things.
05. Cersei will continue being victimized and misunderstood.
08. Danny will say irrational things with a pained face.
09. Jamie will do nothing remotely useful.
10. Ramsay will smirk and be awesome.

The only remaining two predictions may likely still be proven true by episode two depending on which characters are introduced. I could too my own horn and lay comparisons to Nostradamus ... er, or I could roll my own eyes acknowledging how predictable the show-runners are. :mellow:

6 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Episode 2 is written by Dave Hill. 

Dave Hill. 

The same Dave Hill who brought us the bobble potato head Olly. This should be amazing. 

Well, maybe this is his chance to set things right. If the wildlings arrive at CB this episode, maybe Wun Wun can step on Ollie by mistake. Or maybe not by mistake. Problem solved.

16 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Well, maybe this is his chance to set things right. If the wildlings arrive at CB this episode, maybe Wun Wun can step on Ollie by mistake. Or maybe not by mistake. Problem solved.

I do not think Dave Hill will kill his own creation. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

I do not think Dave Hill will kill his own creation. :dunno:

One can only hope.

Then again, they might make him the new Lord Commander just for shock value. Brrrr, I think I need to go bleach my brain. 

Just now, Xcorpyo001 said:

One can only hope.

Then again, they might make him the new Lord Commander just for shock value. Brrrr, I think I need to go bleach my brain. 

I kinda thought Olly was the new lord commander. I mean all the hardened Rangers and Thorne stepped aside to let Olly finish Jon off and it appears that every proposal that goes before the watch needs to be approved by one of Ollys smug effing nods, unsullied friends of mine have asked who is that boy and why is he so important? 

13 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

I kinda thought Olly was the new lord commander. I mean all the hardened Rangers and Thorne stepped aside to let Olly finish Jon off and it appears that every proposal that goes before the watch needs to be approved by one of Ollys smug effing nods, unsullied friends of mine have asked who is that boy and why is he so important? 

Need...more...bleach!

EDIT: The sad part is that even with Grenn's death, Ollie running the NW in all but name, the Wall is the second storyline closest to the book version, the first being Arya's story and a distant third KL/Dany.  There must be a duel to the death to declare who get's third place.

And I use the term close loosely, these being top 3 not for their strict adherence to the book plotline, but because the rest are far far worse.

8 hours ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Need...more...bleach!

EDIT: The sad part is that even with Grenn's death, Ollie running the NW in all but name, the Wall is the second storyline closest to the book version, the first being Arya's story and a distant third KL/Dany.  There must be a duel to the death to declare who get's third place.

And I use the term close loosely, these being top 3 not for their strict adherence to the book plotline, but because the rest are far far worse.

What about Bran?

2 minutes ago, Clash said:

What about Bran?

Who?!?

Damn, it's sad to realize you completely forgot about a show character you haven't seen in over a year. At least while typing that reply. Several hours until we see him live. Hope the show doesn't give us reason to mention him on this particular thread. Or at least not in a negative way.

So Arya, Bran then the Wall. Now that the Ironborn plot is back in play, that might start resembling something from the books as well. Balon's immortality is a little grating. That leach must have been sick or something. Or maybe on a blood free diet?!?

1 hour ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Who?!?

Damn, it's sad to realize you completely forgot about a show character you haven't seen in over a year. At least while typing that reply. Several hours until we see him live. Hope the show doesn't give us reason to mention him on this particular thread. Or at least not in a negative way.

So Arya, Bran then the Wall. Now that the Ironborn plot is back in play, that might start resembling something from the books as well. Balon's immortality is a little grating. That leach must have been sick or something. Or maybe on a blood free diet?!?

What about Ned Stark?

This could turn into the Spanish Inquisition sketch pdq :D

1 minute ago, Clash said:

What about Ned Stark?

This could turn into the Spanish Inquisition sketch pdq :D

lol

Yes, Ned can be top 5, no question about it, but I was talking about the people with active plotlines in season 6. Then again, a young version of Eddard will probably be in the very next episode, so he's in season 6 in a roundabout way. Hmmm. 

23 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yep, and it looks like episode 2 is more of the same. This is super boring. They are phoning it in.

After gutting the characters and their stories, what's left? Nothing. Nothing is just nothing.

Nothing ain't worth nothing, but it's free.

At least I can set my mind at ease that most of the details of the last two books won't be spoiled. Sadly, even if what we're left on GoT is just shitty fanfic at this point, I'll still keep on watching. So will everyone else. They've gone deep enough in that there's too much investment from a viewer standpoint to give up which gives them the leeway to just present a glossy turd without fear of viewer abandonment. It's kind of like when Theon has his doubts between taking and losing Winterfell. Or when Harold and Kumar walk about 15 steps from their apartment. We've gone too far. Time to ride this sputtering shitshow to its resolution.

Dorne sucked last season.  The only thing decent to come from it were Prince Doran and Areo Hotah... aaaaaaand they kill off those two characters instantly.  I'm sure Oberyn's dying wish was for his paramore to extinguish the Martell bloodline by killing his brother and nephew and throw a fit about vengeance. 

#womenontop

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Ser Goosey said:

May have been mentioned, but one thing that has bugged me is that Bolton men came with hounds, but when the fighting started, there were no hounds.  Where did they go? 

Wherever the plot demanded, that's why things happen on GoT.

20 minutes ago, Ser Goosey said:

May have been mentioned, but one thing that has bugged me is that Bolton men came with hounds, but when the fighting started, there were no hounds.  Where did they go? 

Best honeypotting ever was all the posters saying that the dogs went back to Winterfell with their handler and that's how Ramsay would learn about where Sansa was going.  In fact, the Karstarks said they stumbled over the dead bodies of the tracking soldiers on their way to Winterfell.  No dogs - anywhere.  :lol:

Archived