Discussing Sansa XX: Run, Sansa, run...

Mladen

3 minutes ago, Grail King said:

Yes and if Sansa discovers, she's pregnant after Ramsey dies, she has room to sex someone up or miscarry or name someone else as a father or keep it and still raise it as a Stark, the child is half Stark no way around that, and if she marries someone else, the man has the option of claiming the child as his own.

The Bolton soldiers are calling her Bolton due to marriage, but a majority of the north will look at it as a forced wedding not of her choosing as they kept other northern houses away from the wedding.

I'm confused.  Is that the story now of why D & D did not have northern lords at the wedding?  But wasn't the wedding to appease these same northern lords?  Why would they keep them away from the wedding?

And I think that it is a risky assumption that a majority of the north would not be upset at Sansa for agreeing to this marriage (this is what made her decision to follow LFs plan so stupid).  But, of course D & D will probably (conveniently) write it so they don't hold it against her.

5 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

I'm confused.  Is that the story now of why D & D did not have northern lords at the wedding?  But wasn't the wedding to appease these same northern lords?  Why would they keep them away from the wedding?

And I think that it is a risky assumption that a majority of the north would not be upset at Sansa for agreeing to this marriage (this is what made her decision to follow LFs plan so stupid).  But, of course D & D will probably (conveniently) write it so they don't hold it against her.

As far as what was presented only Bolton people there, the wedding wasn't to appease the northern lords, it was Boltons way to claim WF by claiming ownership of Sansa Stark, the writers will then try and give some reason to make it invalid to coincide with the northern lords mostly knowing that Jeyne Poole isn't Arya and that she was forced or duped into it.

If,how, I don't know as I say I want to see how they extricate themselves from the mess.

23 minutes ago, Grail King said:

As far as what was presented only Bolton people there, the wedding wasn't to appease the northern lords, it was Boltons way to claim WF by claiming ownership of Sansa Stark, the writers will then try and give some reason to make it invalid to coincide with the northern lords mostly knowing that Jeyne Poole isn't Arya and that she was forced or duped into it.

If,how, I don't know as I say I want to see how they extricate themselves from the mess.

I had read your earlier post as suggesting that the Boltons actively made an effort to keep the northern lords away from the wedding.  I don't remember seeing anything that suggested they did.  I think the northern lords were absent simply because the writers felt it was not important to include them in the scene.  I don't agree with your assessment that the wedding was not to appease the northern lords.  I'm pretty sure that is exactly what they were doing (and crapping on their alliance with the Iron Throne/ Lannisters to do it). 

I do agree with you that it is a mess, and I have no idea how D & D will try to wiggle out of it.

1 hour ago, Stannistician said:

I had read your earlier post as suggesting that the Boltons actively made an effort to keep the northern lords away from the wedding.  I don't remember seeing anything that suggested they did.  I think the northern lords were absent simply because the writers felt it was not important to include them in the scene.  I don't agree with your assessment that the wedding was not to appease the northern lords.  I'm pretty sure that is exactly what they were doing (and crapping on their alliance with the Iron Throne/ Lannisters to do it). 

I do agree with you that it is a mess, and I have no idea how D & D will try to wiggle out of it.

It's to have power over the north, it's the only way that the north won't go against them, that's not appeasement, the north don't want the Boltons as their lord period, not having other houses present could be the writers way of showing this, or lazy writing, either way ,right now the Boltons are screwed.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Taylor Swift said:

Looking back now, they just made sure the northern lords forgot so that Petyr saves Sansa again.

Yeah, given the current attitude of the northern lords it seems that Roose's decision to break from the crown to marry Ramsay to Sansa is pretty stupid and pointless.  And I agree, it's all because the show wants LF to be the savior of the north (and Sansa).  Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if DnD have LF and Sansa marry.  Why LF gets a "redemption" arc I have no idea. 

Archived