[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

In the interests of being balanced (as there is the Criticise without repercussion already) and to give a platform to those who don't wish to discuss the episode but wish to give praise where praise is due. This thread is not intended as a place to discuss the episode, as there will be plenty of other threads available for that :) 

The show will never even come close to the masterpiece of the book series, but I still think the show is pretty damn great.

Lena Headey is the perfect show Cersei. (I say this because the show Cersei is nothing like book Cersei, but Lena does a SERIOUSLY great job playing GOT's version of the queen we all love to hate.) I love how she told Jaime about the prophecy.

Sansa/Brienne/Pod/Theon... Man I dig this. 

That Melisandre ending man, great stuff.

Ive posted this elsewhere, but I will just reiterate that having avoided spoilers all year, I really enjoyed todays ep.

Its nice not knowing where things will go, and not having an emotional reaction where a scene/person/plot point is not presented in the way I envisioned. 

Yeah sure some things don't make a great deal of sense, but I cut other TV shows slack in that regards, its only fair that I give GoT the same treatment. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Parker said:

The show will never even come close to the masterpiece of the book series, but I still think the show is pretty damn great.

Lena Headey is the perfect show Cersei. (I say this because the show Cersei is nothing like book Cersei, but Lena does a SERIOUSLY great job playing GOT's version of the queen we all love to hate.) I love how she told Jaime about the prophecy.

Sansa/Brienne/Pod/Theon... Man I dig this. 

That Melisandre ending man, great stuff.

I agree with this.

I never expect the show to be as good as/better than the books. That is not a fair standard to hold to show to.

Heady does a really good job with Cersei (as the show portrays her). I really liked some of the smaller moments. Her face when she was running across the courtyard was joyful. I don't think I've ever seen Cersei truly happy rather than wry satisfaction.

Alfie Allen does such a great job with Theon, I wish he would get an acting nom. The little thing I noticed this time was when he was running with Sansa, he was so stiff and disjointed.

The Dothraki pulling off the Spanish Inquisition skit had me laughing. Naked women are the best thing in life! And killing. And slaving. and horses. Yes, yes, naked women are one of the 5 best things in life.

Brienne's oath to Sansa and Davos' rallying the Jon loyalists. These were two separate scenes, yet both involved small conspiracies in desperate times that promise to snowball as the season goes on. One for the Starks and one for Jon Snow. A subtle parallel between the two efforts that may prove very clever. I expect to see more of that in the episodes to come.

1 minute ago, King Onion Knight said:

Davos is killing it as always. I do not hate the ending, I've let it sink in and I think its a fine ending.

The ending was the best part! I mean, Stannis had sex with an old lady. Homeboy got Jack Torranced!

Also liked Brienne swearing her sword to Sansa, and Sansa mirroring Cat. 

Everything Davos was golden, he's killing it.

Oh, and that one woman thinking Tyrion was gonna eat her baby was good too. 

27 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Alfie Allen does such a great job with Theon, I wish he would get an acting nom. The little thing I noticed this time was when he was running with Sansa, he was so stiff and disjointed.

I am assuming that was meant to help portray the different effects of Ramsay's treatment of Theon.  How like the books mention that Theon is now relegated to stumbling around like an old man because of the toes that Ramsay has taken.

Theon being kinda awesome. Sansa answering Brienne's oath.

Melisandre and everything about her this episode was great shit. 

Edd....Edd realizing Jon was dead...my heart broke so hard for Edd. 

Those Dothraki guys. Not gonna lie, i kinda missed the Dothraki as a whole. Seeing them again was nice. Also, Dosh Khaleen. I think i know whats coming huehuehue.

Cersei's realization of what she was seeing was gr9.

I loved the way Davos talked to NW loyalists (ie Jon's friends). Apart from Theon Sansa scene, all I liked was the humour. I couldn't help laughing at the terrible situation of Meereenese woman thinking Tyrion wants to buy her baby. Also, "One redhead against forty men" is funnier than Ramsay's twenty good men. And Edd being the only hope - really shows how bad the situation is.

Theon hugging Sansa - Despite how I dislike Sansa being in the Jeyne storyline, I loved that scene, although book Theon is more selfish and does not care that much for Jeyne. But if it was Sansa instead of Jeyne, I think Theon would have done what he did today.  But much like Cersei-Brienne encounter in 'the Lion and the Rose', I was thinking 'shippers are gonna have a field day with this' as the two children of Winterfell found comfort in each others arms.

I liked:

- Everything on the Wall, i hoped for more content but thats ok

- Kings Landing was ok too....not much to say about, but nothing to complain either

Im not really sure about Theon/Sansa....Brienne again running into some people gets ridiculous

Special Mention to the ending with Mel, this really saved the Episode for me

Archived