[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

The Jaime/Cersei scene was well done, you could almost feel Cersei's grief.

Brienne Ex Machina went better than I thought it would. It's nice to see some of Brienne's sword lessons to Pod are paying off. And Theon's back for sure now.

The Wall stuff was good and that ending.:o.

And Tyrion really needs to brush up on his Valyrian.

1. Melisandre's reveal. It's been speculated before. It's one of my favorite theories. But seeing it... insane... reminded me of the VVitch.

2. Cersei's scenes. Lena Headey is great. Her character is inconsistent but her acting is always top notch.

3. What! Natalie Dormer is finally showing her acting chops.

4. No answers for Jon Snow's fate. I liked that. Let it build. The political scene at the Wall feels tense and unpredictable.

5. Dorne. I hated what happened but I feel like we're getting all of the trash out of the way. I have no high expectations (because: Dorne...) but let's get all the bad stuff out of the way sooner rather than later.

Overall, I liked this episode.

I really like the change in Melisandre. How reserved shes become because she's so uncertain of herself. It makes her sympathetic. She said in such a tiny voice "But i saw him in the fire. I saw him fighting at Winterfell..." The look on her face when she sees Jon...its like "oh no, even my last hope is..." Its really good stuff.

Everything about the north scene with Sansa, Theon, Brienne, and Pod. The best part of the episode. Especially that hug scene - D'aww. Also with Sansa answering Brienne's oath. 

Lena Heady being awesome as always.

Surprisingly that plot twist. I know it's anti-climatic, but this is the premiere and I don't expect too much from it. Hoping this may come into importance in the upcoming episodes.

35 minutes ago, Blushingfae said:

Alfie Allen was outstanding. Just... amazing.

Probably the best actor on the show. Or one of them. So underrated and he should be legit getting noms or emmys. 

I like everything to do with the North, wall and feel like essos and dorne sort of always drag things down a tad, but judging by the previews for episode 2 things should be picking up big time so this was a solid set up episode. 

-I liked Roose explaining to Ramsey how much of an idiot he is.

-I liked Trystane remembering that the single worst possible thing in Westeros is kinslaying. Shame he's the only one that apparently paid any attention to that.

-The title music is still as good as it was in season one? Not fucking that up must have taken some effort, genuinely wish I was being facetious on that count, because with D&D you never know.   

8 minutes ago, Jedi Renee said:

The blood hounds looked great - an amazing breed. 

They looked kind of piss weak though - I mean human killers? I was expecting a pack of Ramsay's bitches might be able to take on a Dire Wolf, but any Dire Wolf would just laugh at those things and thy'd whimper away :D

For me the strongest scene in the episode was easily Jaime and Cersei sharing their grief over Myrcella's death. A powerful scene and both actors captured the emotions of their characters beautifully. You almost feel sorry for Cersei despite all she's done, and it seems to prelude both twins going over the deep end.

Other honorable mentions include Roose telling Ramsay what a screw up he is, Theon being downright heroic, Pod growing as a character and doing some fighting, Khal Moro interacting with his wives and Bloodriders and Melisandre's grief stricken state.

Archived