[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

5 hours ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

Ive posted this elsewhere, but I will just reiterate that having avoided spoilers all year, I really enjoyed todays ep.

Its nice not knowing where things will go, and not having an emotional reaction where a scene/person/plot point is not presented in the way I envisioned. 

Yeah sure some things don't make a great deal of sense, but I cut other TV shows slack in that regards, its only fair that I give GoT the same treatment. 

This is interesting to note. For me, this episode was very frustrating because a lot of what we got came from the trailers and sneak peeks, and yet some of the sneak peeks we got that I expected to come in this episode didn't, which was also very jarring. I'm glad to hear the episode flows more if it's all fresh.

Davos ! The scenes at the Wall were amazing and gave me chills. Mel was great too. That last reveal.

I loved all the North story. I even enjoyed Dany's scenes with the Dothraki. 

Overall I liked the ep, was stunned about Dorne at first, not quite sure what to think of that story.  

I thought all the stuff in the North was excellent and what I expect to be pretty close to Winds of Winter material. It had tension, it had Davos performing a star role, the Brienne/Sansa/Theon stuff worked really well too.  Ramsay/Roose is clearly setting something up for later in the season.

Dany and the Dothraki was good too - even if the plot does not bother me very much at all.  I also quite liked that Tyrion and Varys are focusing on who is behind the Sons of Harpy and I am keen to see where that goes.

Remember that theory that Mel is actually BR and Sheira Seastars daughter, and that the necklace she was wearing was causing a glamour to show her much younger then she really was?

Well, it looks like that theory from ASOIAF very well may be correct.  That was my biggest take-away from the episode.

4 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I laughed so hard at Doran's chocolate blood and the total clusterfuck of Ellaria's coup. A couple of bastards are gonna rule Dorne now, after she's wacked the remaining Martells and finished Nymeria and Meria's lines?

Ikr they've rly fcked up Dorne..

3 minutes ago, Stannis said:

Davos scenes at Castle Black were amazing, Sansa and Arya were also alright.

Davos is magnificent, I would love to see him use his old smuggler skills to fuck up the Boltons, one way or another.

3 minutes ago, Stannis said:

Ikr they've rly fcked up Dorne..

Its entertaining for all the wrong reasons.

Edd and Ghost getting more screen time. I'm happy that at least someone was sad/pissed about Jon being 'butchered.' I also loved his whole, 'I might die, but I am taking Thorne down with me' attitude. Anyway, Ben Crompton (Edd actor) deserves praise for his portrayal. His sorrow at seeing Jon dead added the emotion to the scene. 

I also liked the dry humour with Davos asking for mutton and the other guy lamenting at Edd being their only hope. 

Edd. I loved seeing his reaction to Jon being dead. I think a lot of the actors did well with their more emotional scenes. Iwan Rheon was great looking at Myranda. It's almost as if the character cared for her. And then he goes and tells the maester to feed her to the dogs. Also great.

Cersei being so happy to have Myrcella back and then seeing the smile vanish as the boat comes in... Not to mention her mentioning the prophecy to Jaime, really believing it, and him looking at her like she's going crazy.

The Dothraki I really liked. Daenerys looking at the riders with all that contempt/disgust and still not saying anything until she met the Khal. The Khal's face when he heard she is Drogo's widow. I also kind of liked the fact that Dany was confident in her dealings with him until he said she'd be brought to the Dosh Khaleen. She basically went "oh crap, I forgot that part..."

Davos and his mutton too. I think he borrowed Sansa's courtesy armour.

Melisandre and the mirror gets an A+. Especially as the nudity goes into fan disservice territory when the necklace comes off. I was honestly not expecting that. When I saw the mirror I knew something would change, but I thought it would be something more along the lines of scarring and burn marks.

10 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I would love to take that kind of money for just taking a nap.

At least they didn't put those stones on his eyes(I know that's a Faith thing, but anyway). I imagine it would take some effort to remain still while having stones on your eyes. But yeah, Kit plays a good corpse.

Archived