[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

20 hours ago, messem said:

WATCH the Last episode of S5 or S6E1 again. There is very very light snow (1-5 centimeters). Unless there is the most convenient snowbank at the walls of Winterfell there is not nearly enough snow to cushion the fall of a mouse.

Why would I watch the episode again when the clip I posted clearly shows that there was plenty of Snow around the walls of Winterfell?  Just because the snows all but melted near Stannis and the battle doesn't mean the whole north melted.  I literally posted video proof of the snow they jumped into and people are still arguing about there being no snow....  this forum man... THIS forum...

I think some people forget that the show (and books) are part action-adventure. Jumping into the jaws of death is all part of the fun. If you are worrying about a few inches of snow you need to get down the pub and get wankered instead! It will be better for your soul.

23 minutes ago, StarksNTargs said:

Why would I watch the episode again when the clip I posted clearly shows that there was plenty of Snow around the walls of Winterfell?  Just because the snows all but melted near Stannis and the battle doesn't mean the whole north melted.  I literally posted video proof of the snow they jumped into and people are still arguing about there being no snow....  this forum man... THIS forum...

Granted, I didn't realize that it was you who posted the video. Mea culpa. But that doesn't make it better. Nobody (I think) argues that there is no snow at all. We argue that it is FAR FAR to little snow cushion anything. What everybody knows who has snow in winter. 

Not that it was really important. It just lessens the plausibility of the story more than necessary.

7 minutes ago, messem said:

Granted, I didn't realize that it was you who posted the video. Mea culpa. But that doesn't make it better. Nobody (I think) argues that there is no snow at all. We argue that it is FAR FAR to little snow cushion anything. What everybody knows who has snow in winter. 

Not that it was really important. It just lessens the plausibility of the story more than necessary.

Did you watch the clip?  There are some very large structures below that are all but covered up.  There could easily be 6-10 feet of snow.

Also, I also posted a clip of a guy falling 250ft head first into snow and he was able to ski away unharmed.   It's only implausible to those who want to find things to nitpick.

All I see in that clip is dead horses laying on top of the snow.  Horses that were just part of an effective (not slowed) massive calvary charge against an army that had no problem marching, who were attempting to beseige a castle that had mud on the ground inside (if there are multiple feet outside, the ground should at least be covered in slush).  And I guess this snow storm was isolated only to the immediate area around Winterfell, because Theon and Sansa have no problem running, and the horses chasing them throw up dirt because the snow isn't very deep.

I won't challenge your opinion on something I think is ludicrous in this thread, but if you post something that is factually incorrect, I will call you on it.  

3 hours ago, StarksNTargs said:

Did you watch the clip?  There are some very large structures below that are all but covered up.  There could easily be 6-10 feet of snow.

Also, I also posted a clip of a guy falling 250ft head first into snow and he was able to ski away unharmed.   It's only implausible to those who want to find things to nitpick.

Exactly! I'm not sure what else people need to see! Its like RIGHT THERE!!!

Ahh, I finally see the snow at 2:14 for half a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxVX1RRKO0

Note that it's not there at the opening of your clip (a horse is walking without breaking through the surface at all), in the battle scenes with Stannis/Ramsey, the execution scene with Brienne, in the chase scenes with Theon/Ramsay/Bolton horses, or the entire clip inside Winterfell.

This localized snow storm right around the walls is amazing!

31 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Ahh, I finally see the snow at 2:14 for half a second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxVX1RRKO0

Note that it's not there at the opening of your clip (a horse is walking without breaking through the surface at all), in the battle scenes with Stannis/Ramsey, the execution scene with Brienne, in the chase scenes with Theon/Ramsay/Bolton horses, or the entire clip inside Winterfell.

This localized snow storm right around the walls is amazing!

Not a debate thread. Move along. 

It's quite common that this thing wind (air moving from one place to another) actually manages to carry snow with it. This snow usually ends up at the base of a large structure where it's unable to pass through (such as a tall brick wall maybe). This results in there often being a lot more snow these places than other places in the landscape.

6 hours ago, StarksNTargs said:

Yes I watched the clip. It only shows what's wrong with us viewers. Where you see 6-10 feet I see 6-10 centimeters of snow. With that I'm generous. Different eyes, different message. 

20 hours ago, messem said:

Yes I watched the clip. It only shows what's wrong with us viewers. Where you see 6-10 feet I see 6-10 centimeters of snow. With that I'm generous. Different eyes, different message. 

?????

This is a bit like that blue and black dress on the internet. I'm really not sure how you can possibly look at that clip and only see 10 centimeters of snow, unless you are imagining the castle is only about 2 foot tall.

On 27.4.2016 at 4:08 PM, StarksNTargs said:

See?  This post is a perfect example of the negative hyperbole squad trying to bleed their hate into every thread including the one meant for the positives.  I like this series a lot (and yes, I've read the books twice and listened to Roy Dotrice narrate the series as well), and I hate that this is the most active board for the series.  If I want to come and read other fans thoughts, I have to listen to mostly negative hyperbole about how the show is horrible because the Sand Snakes can teleport or how Briene is psychic...   The fact is, neither of those things matter at all.   The Sand Snakes just threw a coup and took over Dorne, while Briene is finally able to fulfill her promise to Catelyn and protect her daughter.  If you can't suspend disbelief on the small stuff, then TV/Movies aren't really the right thing for you in the first place.

OMG. I can understand that people who like it all, hate the rants. But there is a lot of space in between. The fact, that a thread exists, that actually FORBIDDS opinions reminds me of some crazy idiots out there who forbidd any sort of negative opinion about their gods and prophets or whatever. Sure, there are some crazy rants going on, but SERIOUSLY, actually forbidding free speech and ANY form of critisizm is like INSANE. Major facepalm. Even threads which specifically ask for rants, have at least 70% posts that include what people liked. So why is this thread such a black-and-white-sect? Anyway, I'm outta here. Guess, I'll rather post what I liked (and I did) about episode 2 in a stinky-normal-free-opinion-thread then. Sayonara 

Archived