...and the women of Dorne get some get back...SPOILER?? OF COURSE

rocksniffer

Ellaria supposedly hates the Lannisters so much for killing one Martell, that she herself kills two Martells. #logic

I was disappointed to see a reviewer on a feminist website praise these murders as an ‘empowering’ move. It’s empowering to kill family because they’re not warmongers? Personally I don’t really see how additional screen time of female characters acting ‘tough’ or ‘ruthless’ translates to a more rounded depiction of the women of the show.

If Ellaria now becomes defacto ruler of Dorne just like that, then I guess the title shot of 'Dorne' has it right; it really is just one small water garden, population: Ellaria and her sand snakes.

I think the whole point of the Dorne overthrow was to provide Dany a place to land.  Dorne was on a path to align itself with the crown, that path is no longer an option.   With 2 sand snakes in KL, things could get interesting :)

I believe there is a reason that the prince kept the peace (forgot his name momentarily). Now that the sand snakes are running the show, oh boy. 

But then Again, the seven kingdoms are still fractured, so they can do what ever they want. 

I thought Trystane was going to Kings landing for the longest, then they killed him, ok. 

Ellaria takes Dorne from ‘weak men’, provides a staging post for Dany’s invasion – which is facilitated by Yara providing the Greyjoy fleet to transport her. All sisters in it together, and DD’s faux feminist redemption plotline is complete.

The scene when Doran was killed establishes one important fact....the guard/military of Dorne support the Sand Snakes.  That makes taking a boat one day later from Dorne and then boarding the Prince's boat easy for the two Sand Snakes who are now in KL.  The way D&D handled "Dorne for Dany" is better this way since there are no implied marriages needed and all the screen time required to watch those marriage plots bloom then fail.

2 hours ago, King Gendry Baratheon said:

How can anyone love this shit. That they made sand snakes and Ellaria more coldhearted than Boltons and Frey's. The fact that they made his own guards hate him makes me sick, Doran was loved By small folk.

He actually wasn't. They threw oranges at him and almost rioted because they saw him as weak. 

But yeah, this was a farce. I mean, I'm not gonna cry because I hate Doran, Hotah and show!Trystane, and their lame deaths gave me life. But I hate Ellaria and the SS even more, so why couldn't it be a murder-suicide??

several good points....and this idea that now dorne is ripe for dany could work for me...i never liked the whole quentyn part of the books anyway...all those pages were a waste for me...

it does seem that ellaria is the new arianne, and since i know d&d do shit just because they can...

"creatively it worked because it is what we wanted" must be the continuing mantra from here on out...

and i completely agree that killing Siddig was a waste of a good actor who could have been interesting to watch...ah well such is life 

carry on...

:smoking:

ahhhh it was horrible. Nothing had sense. I can accept that books and show are different things, and as in the show there are characters that doesnt exist, plots and personalities have to be different. I don't like the story created for Done in the show, but I accept it.

However, I can not accept this non-sense. Ellaria killed Myrcella (just a few meters from the harbor, Myrcella was already dead), but Jaime the mighty Kingslayer decides to continue to KingsLanding without saying a word, just send a message when he arrives to tell the news. Also, he has Trystane in the same ship, and he just keep him in a nice room, whithout vigilance (in case he decides to scape or has any Dornish plot in mind, or whatever, he is familly with the people that just killed your daughter,you just dont keep him like that alone in the ship while you go with your sister to talk, at least put him in a dungeon). I dont understand why he didnt turn to Dorno desperate, trying to look for vengance. But leaving the only hostage you had alone, unchained, painting, in the boat in kingslanding, has no sense at all...

Also, anyone knows who is the next in line for Dorne? (legitimate, not the Sand-snakes)

When they begun the dialog speaking about Oberyn and Doran characters, I had the mad hope he was going to say "I'm the grass the snake hides in", reveal he ordered the murder and (why not) finally give the fire & blood speech...

Not only they ruined Dorne storyline but they trolled the bookreaders with Doran last scene.

5 hours ago, jbob said:

The guy is an idiot who relied to heavily on luck and time. His entire plan is marry his kids to people, and that's it. And that's gone to hell. He's all talk and very little action.

You're entitled to your own opinion but I don't think it was luck that Doran managed to rumble Arianne's plot, imprison the SSs, get a SS on the small council and have Myrcella as a hostage. He might be marrying his kids to people, but that was a crucial aspect of diplomacy, so why do you knock it? Had Quentin succeeded, Dorne would be in a very strong position.

He is a lot of talk, very little action, but, to quote Plato "wise people speak when they have something to say, fools speak when they have to say something."

Well, considering the show pretty well abandoned the Dornish master plan, there was little use in keeping Doran and Trystane around. I would’ve loved to have seen Areo Hotah be more of a badass than end up getting the Boba Fett treatment, though, and yeah, Siddig was pretty well wasted. But I think it’s a bold step to take, showing how Ellaria (who seemed pretty well doomed after poisoning Myrcella) and the Sand Snakes are going to force Dorne’s hand in going to war. It’s a fascinating concept, albeit a poorly acted one. I do really hope that the Snakes all die horribly and that Ellaria gets the full-on Cersei treatment, proving that she is indeed no different than the Lannisters.

1 hour ago, Dornishwoman's Husband said:

If I saw it right, Trystane was murdered in the ship at King's Landing. Does it means that Obara and Nymeria will be involved in KL plot this season?

There are only two ways Obara and Nymeria can be logically involved in the KL plot.

1. They will be arrested and accused of murder.

2. They hide in KL with possible sympathizers.

I fear  though that Princess Ellaria will send them to the Small Council because the power of sisters is stronger than the power of logic in GoT.

As a book reader I condemn all Dorne's arc

As bloodthirsty viewer I can accept it. Trystane and Doran's deaths were necessary otherwise after the message he read about Myrcella's death he would have arrested and executed Ellaria, she prevented everything and executed Trystane as well or he could have avenged his father, not forgetting now they can blame Lannisters for his death and have a new excuse(after Elia and Oberyn) to start a war. I would'nt be surprised if the two girlsnakes will try to kill Tommen and be slained by Bobby Strong just before it

Archived