...and the women of Dorne get some get back...SPOILER?? OF COURSE

rocksniffer

4 hours ago, Anna Marzo said:

I really thought that what D&D would do was: Have Jaime take Trystane into custody, then Cersei going totally nuts and murdering a precious (and innocent) hostage. Jaime would be shocked with Cersei's idiot move, and also her lack of humanity, killing an innocent boy in a terrible and painful way (hypocritical, since he threw a boy from a tower). But it would be a nice way to show Jaime's development as decent person (or at least with a little sense of moral), and the contrast with Cersei's even more batshit crazy personality. Both fight, Cersei says some more things that makes Jaime realize how much of a sociopath she truly is and there is a rupture in their relationship. Jaime leaves for the Riverlands. Cersei's stays in KL, in the middle of chaos and an imminent war with Dorne.

Meanwhile in Dorne, Doran gets fucking pissed with Ellaria for killing Myrcella, arrests her and the SS for trial. But before said trial happens, the news of Trystane's brutal murder arrive. He releases Ellaria and the SS, and goes on "fire&blood" mode, plotting revenge for his dead son.

It would make much more sense.

It would make more sense, except show Jaime is basically book Cersei now. They have this...thing...going on, where they switch personalities in the first episode of each season. So Cersei was being self-aware and sympathetic and mourning her daughter, while Jaime was in full paranoid asshole mode, with his "we're the only ones who matter and we'll take everything from them. Everything!"

I would be the happiest camper if next episode opens with Ellaria's and the Sand Snakes' heads on a spike, arranged in a neat row as an unnamed Yronwood takes over Sunspear. 

I have to admit as messy at that entire plot line was to begin with in the books, at least there was some substance there.  I mean what the hell was the sense in bringing that plot line in if started and ended like this?  They could have done so much more with the little time they wasted on this.  Terrible.

4 hours ago, David Selig said:

Please refresh my memory - is kinslaying supposed to be a big taboo in the show too? Because it certainly didn't seem so in these scenes.

Only When Stannis did it, D&D made it become relevant

On 4/25/2016 at 3:11 AM, jbob said:

Well, she's probably going to tell everyone that Jaime and Bronn did it. But she explained perfectly anyway, Doran is considered weak by a lot of the people. I think he even says so in the books. Remember Robert's speech in season 1:

"How long do the people of the Seven Kingdoms stand behind their absentee king, their cowardly king hiding behind high walls? When do the people decide that Viserys Targaryen is the rightful monarch after all?"

Could apply to Doran. Dorne is a place where Oberyn can use poison to cheat yet still be beloved. And it's a place where bastards aren't despised like the rest of Westeros.

I think she's going to be upfront about what she did. Much like Allister Thorne boldly confessed he killed Jon. The thing is... I can't get behind the logic that killing Martells to avenge Martells makes sense. It would have made much more sense to take them hostage. They'd be out of power and off-screen yet still alive...

That was the single stupidest act I have seen on this entire show. Sunspear is not Dorne, the other lords within Dorne are not going to be pleased with the bastard paramour of the prince's brother killing said prince, who by the way kept things peaceful in Dorne for so many years.  

I said I would give Season 6 the first episode to decide whether I would watch weekly or just binge watch at the end of the season. that one act placed GoT on the binge list. Guess i will only be watching Veep and Silicon Valley on sunday until Ballers and The Brink come back.

3 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

I think she's going to be upfront about what she did. Much like Allister Thorne boldly confessed he killed Jon. The thing is... I can't get behind the logic that killing Martells to avenge Martells makes sense. It would have made much more sense to take them hostage. They'd be out of power and off-screen yet still alive...

Why? One Martell isn't the same as the other. Logic is simple: Doran went too far in being peaceful They became disgusted by his inactions as a leader and brother. They want the power to avenge Oberyn but Doran and his son are in the way. Sure, it isn't what Oberyn would've wanted. But in the books, they want to do a lot of things that Oberyn wouldn't have wanted. Like destroy an entire city full of innocent people.

Keeping them alive would accomplish nothing though. And that would be extremely dangerous. Not to mention hard to blame Jaime and Bronn for that. Who cares if they alive if they're off-screen?

9 hours ago, David Selig said:

Please refresh my memory - is kinslaying supposed to be a big taboo in the show too? Because it certainly didn't seem so in these scenes.

Jaime had no problem killing his cousin, so I assume it isn't that big of deal on the show.

I hate the narrative of the show has become maintaining peace and trying to prosper your people is weakness. At no point since the sack of KL has Dorne been in a position to win a fight against Tywin. So Doran never risked the lives of his people in what would be a rout. Even the measures of revenge that Oberyn attempted to take he did it in a way that wouldn't endanger Dorne

I'm thinking that Dorne can go a few ways from here.

A) Nowhere. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes die for their treason as they deserve and the show never goes into the ensuing power vacuum.

B.) Assassins. Ellaria sends the Sand Snakes to kill off Lannisters, but the absurd political situation of Dorne is never addressed.

C) (f)Aegon. Ellaria somehow rallies the Dornish armies and invades the Stormlands on her way to KL, taking over (f)Aegon's plotline.

D) New Players. Ellaria is disposed and another Dornish family takes control of Dorne. This has the slight complication of no other Dornish families being on the show. Until the Tower of Joy sequence, when we get to meet Arthur DAYNE.

I'd guess that B is most likely, but I'd love for the Daynes to come into the story in a big way.

2 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

A) Nowhere. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes die for their treason as they deserve and the show never goes into the ensuing power vacuum.

B.) Assassins. Ellaria sends the Sand Snakes to kill off Lannisters, but the absurd political situation of Dorne is never addressed.

C) (f)Aegon. Ellaria somehow rallies the Dornish armies and invades the Stormlands on her way to KL, taking over (f)Aegon's plotline.

D) New Players. Ellaria is disposed and another Dornish family takes control of Dorne. This has the slight complication of no other Dornish families being on the show. Until the Tower of Joy sequence, when we get to meet Arthur DAYNE.

I'd guess that B is most likely, but I'd love for the Daynes to come into the story in a big way.

I definitely think B will happen, unfortunately  

4 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

B is also my suspicion. My feeling is they want to push Dorne as a story to the side and not really go too deep into it. If they can't make it play out in any real relevant way then it will be better to just not go into it. But obviously the issue of succession there will need some addressing. 

6 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

I've got the feeling D&D are going for a mix of B and C. Since there is no (f)Aegon, they will need someone to make Dorne march to KL. That someone will be Ellaria, after blaming the Lannisters for Doran's and Trystane's death, and while the SS go to KL to kill off some Lannisters.

I go with B also.  I can't see them devoting enough time/budget to Dorne to film them with an army and I don't think they will ever discuss the issue of who is ruling Dorne formally....we can be left to deduce that somehow the bastards who killed off the Martell line are in charge, LOL.

On 4/25/2016 at 9:41 AM, SerTwenty of House Goodmen said:

As a book reader I condemn all Dorne's arc

As bloodthirsty viewer I can accept it. Trystane and Doran's deaths were necessary otherwise after the message he read about Myrcella's death he would have arrested and executed Ellaria, she prevented everything and executed Trystane as well or he could have avenged his father, not forgetting now they can blame Lannisters for his death and have a new excuse(after Elia and Oberyn) to start a war. I would'nt be surprised if the two girlsnakes will try to kill Tommen and be slained by Bobby Strong just before it

Spoiler

Hmm, maybe that scene from the trailer that a lot of people think is the flashback of Jaime killing the Mad King may actually be the sand flakes trying to kill Tommen in the throne room and they get killed by the zombie Mountain instead. The sillouette behind the large figure in that scene looks like a person wielding either a sword or a pike.

On 4/25/2016 at 11:20 AM, Big Daddy said:

I think the important thing (if it even matters because honestly it all sucks and I'm not trying to defend it), is that the sandsnakes are in KL now looking for revenge. That much matches up with the books. I suspect they will kill a few people before they are killed off themselves and that will be the end of Dorne's involvement; they aren't in the books to be part of the endgame, but to create chaos on the WAY to the endgame.

That would be the only interesting thing coming from the Dorne plot...but you still have to deal with the plot contrivance that got them there.

On 4/26/2016 at 2:59 PM, Miley the Monstrous said:

It would make more sense, except show Jaime is basically book Cersei now. They have this...thing...going on, where they switch personalities in the first episode of each season. So Cersei was being self-aware and sympathetic and mourning her daughter, while Jaime was in full paranoid asshole mode, with his "we're the only ones who matter and we'll take everything from them. Everything!"

I would be the happiest camper if next episode opens with Ellaria's and the Sand Snakes' heads on a spike, arranged in a neat row as an unnamed Yronwood takes over Sunspear. 

I read that very differently. 

Jaime see the woman he love blame herself for the death of her children. He is trying to keep her from wallowing in her depression. This is him saying "hey don't talk crazy our son is not going to die!!" 

Archived