Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

Do we know the names of all 22 clones that Sarah referred to?  Never mind, here it is -- 4 unnamed Finnish clones make 22, but did Sarah actually know about them before snooping through MK's stuff?  I'm not sure that's not a continuity error.

Binge watching season 2, half way through and its just as good as season one.  I guess season 3 marred my impression of 2.

Holy shit, that Donnie masturbation scene might be the hardest this show has made me laugh :lol: 'I could use a little Air Italia...'

Another great episode. Also, interesting to see that complete list, SpaceChampion. I'd forgotten about a bunch of them.

ETA: There's a spelling error in the Dutch newspaper article's headline that completely changes the meaning. It doesn't say that those people died, it says that they went 'through' something. Nitpicking!

14 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Sarah has always been a moderately shitty person.  The first time we meet her, she's stealing the purse off someone who just committed suicide. And that's not even close to the worst thing she did in that first episode.  I do feel a strange sort of satisfaction that she's reaping lots of consequences now from what she did at the start of the story.  Though I'm wondering if it will work out that this robo-worm will end up being the tool that can be used to cure Cosima, Charlotte and the other sick clones.

Helena's fertilized egg burial was sad in such a sweet way.  I hope the sestras band together to find her.

That was exactly my thought when they said it was delivering a DNA modification, they'd said last week or the week before that the difficulty in the gene therapy they were deriving from S's mum was in coming up with a way to deliver it.

The one thing this season has been lacking is much Cosima, I really hope she gets more screen time in the episodes ahead, perhaps as we get Dephine back (a girl can hope right?)

17 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Do we know the names of all 22 clones that Sarah referred to? 

Hehe, I had the same reaction during the episode, so thanks for your link ! 

And yeah, 9 alive clones that we know of so far : Sarah, Cosima, Alison, Rachel, Helena, Veera, Charlotte, Krystal and Tony.

EDIT : we really need to learn more about Helsinki... were all the clones there self-aware ? Or where they all regrouped in the same spot by Dyad operators and the girls had no knowledge of each other ?

I really hope we'll get answers to these questions some day ! 

No, she just had her eye covered to make people think she was Rachel.  She didn't actually lose the eye.  Doing a transplant to give Rachel her eye would have been a nice body horror development, playing off the usual tropes of clone fiction, but didn't really make sense in a world with Neolution body modders with artificial tails.

Yeah, you're right... now that you point it out it's obvious but until now I was convinced Neos (well, Susan...) had taken Krystal's eye as a template or basis for Rachel's new one... 

Well, glad Krystal has both her eyes in the end, but yeah, it would have made for interesting dynamics if she hadnt and her eye was now Rachel's.

Honestly, Tatiana should run away with the Emmy and Golden Globe for this season.  She's playing 7 characters(soon to be 8)all with distinct accents and mannerisms and never once do you question which is which.  Not that the award shows aren't total b.s. anyways, but I doubt Taraji P. Henson or Julianna Margulies could come close to pulling it off so well.

Krystal! :D 

Tatiana deserves so much praise for her skills on this show.

As a fun fact, the photos of the young clones from last week (Helsinki clones) were apparently photos of a young Tatiana that her family provided, rather than having the effects team create something.

1 hour ago, Igziabeher said:

Honestly, Tatiana should run away with the Emmy and Golden Globe for this season.  She's playing 7 characters(soon to be 8)all with distinct accents and mannerisms and never once do you question which is which.  Not that the award shows aren't total b.s. anyways, but I doubt Taraji P. Henson or Julianna Margulies could come close to pulling it off so well.

Eva Green.

That was a fantastic episode.  Krystal and Donnie, Cosima and Susan, Ira and Susan :stunned: 

Eyelid teeth :lol:  What a great reversal it was making us think Krystal was actually finding out real information to turn it into that.  

Yeah, Krystal definitly has to get the speech ! 

I was really hoping she was gonna get it all out of Donnie (well, by force, but still...), but I guess it will be for another time ! 

At was such a good episode. Looks like everything is pulling together. Really glad they didn't make Adele a plant. +points for Alison calling Sarah a bitch.

Krystal :bowdown: She is just wonderful. Small as her appearances have been so far she has still made a huge impression in me. 

Still not sure about this Kira stuff, but I'll try to keep an open mind. 

More mention of Delphine :crying: they are killing me here

There is so much wrong with Susan and Ari :stunned:

Hope Helena is back next week :( She needs her sestras!

Krystal is just so wonderful.  It's such a shame she hasn't met the clone club yet.  I loved 'teeth for eyelids'.  The hilarious thing is that while it sounds completely batshit insane, in the world of clones, sterilizing semen, robots in cheeks, and tails, Krystal's research into the teeth for eyelids conspiracy isn't all that crazy.  

I'm glad they confirmed the Ira/Susan relationship because I was starting to wondering if I was reading too much into it.

I miss Delphine.  Also, I'm getting this weird vibe from Scott.  I don't know if I trust the results of his DNA test.  

It was a great episode, easily better than anything in all of season 3.

However, I also notice that I enjoyed this episode so much because it didn't require me to figure out a whole lot. Which tells me that I still am not exactly sure what's going on in this series. As long as Cosima is sneaking around Brightborn or Sarah is trying to figure out Adele, I'm engaged, but as soon as I'm required to think about why the clones are there to begin with or what the clone sickness is about or what Kendall signifies, I'm lost.

I get that a lot of these questions are supposed to be unanswered at this point. I guess my problem is that I can't really tell which ones. Susan said off-handedly in this episode that the clones were created as a baseline for unlocking the human genome. Nevermind that I don't understand what that means, but I also don't know if it signifies that the creation of the clones is now a 'solved' mystery and that I shouldn't focus on that question anymore.

It's somewhat maddening because this series, overall, would be ace if I could enjoy both the individual scenes and the larger implications, but I suppose season 3 has done irreperable damage regarding the latter.

Archived