Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

I saw a theory that Evie Cho is using the maggot-bots to sterilize women with Castor's DNA.  Seems like a plausible gun on the mantle.

Perhaps the only way to save millions of people from sterilization is for the sestras to go public with what they know.  Alison would probably be their political liaison to the world, along with perhaps Rachel.

2 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

I hope they dispatch of Evie Cho in the next two episodes and have the last season focused on their main antagonist, the disease that terrorizes Castor and Leda.  But as that's not enough of an antagonist for tv drama, they're going to have to keep an evil face around or bring in a new one.

I wish they'd frigging cure that by now. It's a boring stupid plotline which has gone on way too long and prevents Cosima from having any decent storylines.

On 5.6.2016 at 6:19 AM, C.T. Phipps said:

I wish they'd frigging cure that by now. It's a boring stupid plotline which has gone on way too long and prevents Cosima from having any decent storylines.

New cure is making incest babies between the brothers and sisters (to recreate their original, I guess?)

2 hours ago, shadowbinding shoe said:

New cure is making incest babies between the brothers and sisters (to recreate their original, I guess?)

Wasn't that done with Helena?  Aren't those Chekhov's frozen embryos buried in the Hendrickses' garden (or did I misunderstand that)?

3 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Wasn't that done with Helena?  Aren't those Chekhov's frozen embryos buried in the Hendrickses' garden (or did I misunderstand that)?

It's basically what Cosima is travelling to the Island of Dr Moreau (or whatever) to do - combine Castor sperm (from Ira) with fertile LEDA eggs (from Sarah). They aren't aiming to create a child from this, as I understood it, but to make a blastocyst which they hoped would recreate Kendall's DNA and allow them to continue work on a cure.

15 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's basically what Cosima is travelling to the Island of Dr Moreau (or whatever) to do - combine Castor sperm (from Ira) with fertile LEDA eggs (from Sarah). They aren't aiming to create a child from this, as I understood it, but to make a blastocyst which they hoped would recreate Kendall's DNA and allow them to continue work on a cure.

Yes, that's what I mean.  Hasn't it been done with Helena already - she's a LEDA with eggs.  I thought they'd fertilised her eggs with a CASTOR male.  Did I misremember?

10 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Yes, that's what I mean.  Hasn't it been done with Helena already - she's a LEDA with eggs.  I thought they'd fertilised her eggs with a CASTOR male.  Did I misremember?

No, iirc it was Grace's father's sperm they used. I could be wrong but I don't recall them using Castor sperm. Speaking of which, I think the chances of seeing Gracie and Mark this season are slim to none at this stage (only two episodes left I think?) 

Also, I think the fertilised eggs Helena had are now, well, dead. So at this point they would not be usable anyway.

37 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

No, iirc it was Grace's father's sperm they used. I could be wrong but I don't recall them using Castor sperm. Speaking of which, I think the chances of seeing Gracie and Mark this season are slim to none at this stage (only two episodes left I think?) 

Also, I think the fertilised eggs Helena had are now, well, dead. So at this point they would not be usable anyway.

Ah, I wondered if I'd misremembered.

I thought we'd see Gracie & Mark too.

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think any chances of getting any explanation of who the Proletheans were, what they were up to and how they got entangled in the whole thing is also slim at this point.

Good to have Helena back.  Tatiana must really love playing that role, her cold blooded kookiness is always a high point of every episode she's in.

Rachel lasted all of one episode on the good team before nixing her shot at redemption.  I'm definitely starting to think it's M.K. behind her eye glitches as well as texting everyone at the Bright born press conference with the video.

Rachel is still working with the sestras, but in her own way.  She and Ira set up Evie and data dumped the euthanasia stuff to the press.

Helena was awesome.   Though after she saved Allison I was thinking the Hendricks are going to need a bigger garage, they now have another body to hide.

Not sure who is sending Rachel threatening dead swan (Leda) videos, whether it's Delphine working with the bearded guy in the video or something else entirely.

9 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

Good to have Helena back.  Tatiana must really love playing that role, her cold blooded kookiness is always a high point of every episode she's in.

Rachel lasted all of one episode on the good team before nixing her shot at redemption.  I'm definitely starting to think it's M.K. behind her eye glitches as well as texting everyone at the Bright born press conference with the video.

Well Rachel is...kind of still on the sestras side. At least, their goals align for the moment. She played Evie by pretending to give her the damning evidence (which, btw, makes Evie look spectacularly stupid. Sure, I'll take at face value that this is the only copy...) but really she was  just doing that to topple Evie. So for now they are still on the same side.

The way the cut happened, I think it's Delphine (or the people she is with) showing Rachel these things. I guess these are some kind of hardcore Neolutionists who stay true to their original text which Cosima is now reading. This will be the group who put "great pressure" on Susan to create Charlotte. And I guess they supplied the parts for Rachel's new-eye too

29 minutes ago, Leofric said:

Rachel is still working with the sestras, but in her own way.  She and Ira set up Evie and data dumped the euthanasia stuff to the press.

Helena was awesome.   Though after she saved Allison I was thinking the Hendricks are going to need a bigger garage, they now have another body to hide.

Not sure who is sending Rachel threatening dead swan (Leda) videos, whether it's Delphine working with the bearded guy in the video or something else entirely.

Yeah I guess Delphine has been nabbed by the group on the island, who, as I said above, I think are some kind of core neolutionists.

i loved the end scene though

Again a good episode. Excited for the season finale, and nice to see Delphine and Helena again.

Wild prediction: the man Rachel keeps seeing in her eye is Westmoreland, author of the Neolution book, who used his knowledge of Neolution to 'evolve' as a human being and expand his life span indefinitely. It's far-fetched and logical at the same time to me.
Also I'm pretty sure he's on the Island, and possible was the man who was with Delphine. If that's the case I'm guessing Delphine is the one feeding Rache's eye those images.

That was a damn good episode, and it was great to have Helena back.  Donnie going straight to grabbing Alison's ass was hilarious.  As was Adele's reaction to Helena showing up.

Anybody watch the sneak peek on the after show?  That was awesome, can't wait for the finale!

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That was a damn good episode, and it was great to have Helena back.  Donnie going straight to grabbing Alison's ass was hilarious.  As was Adele's reaction to Helena showing up.

Anybody watch the sneak peek on the after show?  That was awesome, can't wait for the finale!

I did yes and I just hope

They don't go and kill Cosima after getting her so close to Delphine

:crying: I don't think they would but still...

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I did yes and I just hope

Hide contents

They don't go and kill Cosima after getting her so close to Delphine

:crying: I don't think they would but still...

It seems like we're due for a big death.  None of the clones that have been in more than 1 episode have died yet.  I suppose I would rather they not go that route, but I wouldn't fault them for it.  It would be tough for it to be Cosima as she has the best chance st unlocking the cure.

Not sure this actually needs spoiler tags since it's all speculation but

Spoiler

If they do that I'm going to lose my shit, mainly due to meta issues outside this show but that's far too cruel. An absurd quantity of the queer women on TV have been killed off so far this year, and while OB could have done that at other times without so firmly hitting 'bury your gay' if it does it right after reuniting them then it most certainly is and fuck that.

But the comments I've seen are to the effect that the cast/crew are well aware of the uproar and issues and struggled to keep quiet about Delphine being alive as a result, so i really dont think that's where it's going.

Archived