Orphan Black 3: So, sometimes stuff just works out[SPOILERS]

RedEyedGhost

Yeah, the messenger dude was definitely not Westmoreland. He was a red herring so that they could show us the picture of Westmoreland in the book while leading us to think that the messenger was the one behind the eye and everything. And then reveal Westmoreland as the final villain instead of the messenger.

With ten episodes to go, I don't think there's a lot more to the plot to discover. We still need to know why there's a village on the island, but in the end, Westmoreland is going to turn out to be the Neo founder who refused to die and now has grand plans for humanity. Rachel will either go along with him or redeem herself in the end. The rest of the clones will stage a grand operation to bring down Westmoreland and Neolution, and that's about it. This almost certainly means that we will never get a satisfactory explanation to the Proletheans (except maybe as a throwaway line from Westmoreland), and I'm curious whether they're even going to follow up on Kira's specialness since it's been ignored for a long time now.

Still, I guess they've managed to clean the plot up for a confrontational season 5. It's not perfect, but it'll keep us watching at this point.

This show is amazing at oscillating back and forth between suspense, and comedy.... Sarah & Cosima = suspense.... Alison & Crystal = yuck yucks... Helena = both

I also loved how Crystal is so shallow and narcissistic that she looked at Sarah and didn't recognize herself.... that made me LOL

9 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

I just picked up issues 1 and 2 of the Orphan Black: Helsinki comic books. It's safe to say I'm hooked on the clone club.

Has anybody read the original series of OB comics?  Don't know if its worth picking those up too.

I wanted to, but haven't been able to source them yet (well, not reasonably priced).

13 hours ago, Igziabeher said:

Has anybody read the original series of OB comics?  Don't know if its worth picking those up too.

I picked up a few of them, wasn't really too impressed. They were really just retelling the season 1 story with a handful of extra tidbits of mostly inessential information. If you can get'em cheap, go for it, but I wouldn't pay full price for them. Still, there were a handful of fun moments. Like before they were Team Hendrix, they were Team Periwinkle.

15 hours ago, matt b said:

I picked up a few of them, wasn't really too impressed. They were really just retelling the season 1 story with a handful of extra tidbits of mostly inessential information. If you can get'em cheap, go for it, but I wouldn't pay full price for them. Still, there were a handful of fun moments. Like before they were Team Hendrix, they were Team Periwinkle.

Yeah, I guess I don't need to read them if it's mostly rehashed stuff from season 1, but I'm genuinely interested in getting more backstory on Helsinki, so i'll continue reading these.  It's cool to see everything from M.K.'s perspective.  It would be cool to see if they put some of this in season 5, but they would probably need an actress to play 17 year old Veera, Nikki, etc. I guess it would take up too much time of the final season.

• 2 weeks later...

Manson & Fawcett talking about a loose spin-off is possible.  I'd imagine loose means set in the same world of clones but without any of the Leda clones or other regulars.  No way we'd get Maslany for another series, as she has Hollywood knocking on her door, and so that likely means nobody in Clone Club.  Maybe a new clone line would be started, but more likely something focusing just on the genetic engineering / transhumanism / Neolution stuff.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Meh. Tatiana Maslany is the only reason I watch the show anyway. 

She's a very good reason to watch the show, imo.  I love her best when she is a clone impersonating another clone - quality stuff, always.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that and knew a lot of people would be nodding and saying, " 'bout gdd time!"

If not she's not deserving of receiving a nomination, then who is, one would think.

14 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Yes, last year lost out to Crazy Eyes from Orange Is The New Black, who is not nominated this year.

Or Viola Davis from How to Get Away With Murder, but who's counting? Uzo Aduba actually won for supporting actress last year, she was not nominated in the lead actress category.

Archived