What did this episode spoil about AsoIaF/tWoW? [Spoilers]

Attitude

1 hour ago, PCK said:

What about what Roose said to Ramsay in regards to rebelling against the Lannisters? Dustin tells Theon that she believes he is up to something more in ADWD.

Nah. It won't really matter. Ramsay and Roose are dying this season and I believe the Boltons will lose the battle of Winterfell 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:44 PM, Miley the Monstrous said:

Something that is...fairly obvious, but oh what the hell, I'll say it anyway: the fact that Jon is dead dead, and not only wounded, because I've seen a lot of people arguing for the latter. 

Jon may indeed be dead in the books. I hope he isn't, because that means his story has an unhappy ending since resurrected individuals in the books aren't truly alive. But even if he is dead dead, he could still be the PTWP.

10 hours ago, The Dames do Moan said:

That Victarion has no impact to the end game.

And yet appears they are adding Victarion's storyline this season. If it has no impact, I wonder why they are doing that?

ETA:  As both GRRM and D&D have said there will be a lot of differences between the books and show from this point on, I don't anticipate much being spoiled from the books. I guess actual reveal of Mel's age could be considered a spoiler, but it is a much anticipated one.

On 25/04/2016 at 8:17 AM, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

One thing that I think will happen and I also predicted will happen in the books (if they ever come out) is that the wildlings will take down the Night's Watch.  I think we are headed in that direction.

The watch are getting pretty low in numbers. Not much to keep out anything coming from the north, so it makes sense the wildlings will end up as the senior force. Especially if they are showing more loyalty to snow, who will of course be back in business. A squaring off between the Boltons and snow is pretty likely. But although it goes beyond events in the books it is hardly news.

The change of government in Dorn is a surprise. I think many are still thinking this is a departure from the books, but I doubt it is. Perhaps it was already slated as our cheery introduction to the next book, to remind us how the game of thrones is played.

I think we can predict that Jon's resurrection will be somewhat delayed in the books and not right at the start. Maybe in the way Bran has had to wait out a series, Jon will wait out a lot of time in the book.

Although it is probably easier on screen to stretch out the moment, because in series time the next episode will be a week away for people watching, whereas what we see in that episode will maybe only be the next day in castle black time. But Martin could write an opening chapter describing what we have seen at CB, and then switch to all the other stories before coming back several chapters later to a rescue attempt by the wildings. And then with wildings successful, still hop away to other events. Maybe a nice bit of irony with Melisandre realising she made a mistake and Jon is ....whatever hero she had reckoned would save the day... except now he is dead.  Thoros did have to at least pray for a miracle before it happened, and melisandre has not thougth fit to try yet. So second CB chapter could be wilding rescue and Melisandre getting serious about how important Jon could be. Threats by all to burn the body for dramatic tension. Drop storyline for a bit and maybe Varys or other characters far away make a total reveal about Jon's parentage having learnt there has been a revolt in the watch and he is now dead. Oh what might have been. And then well on in the book, Melisandre decides to have a go just as the torch bearers are approaching the funeral pyre.  A dragon reborn, they seem to do well in pyres, and  Master Aemon's advice about killing the boy well and truly been carried through. 

But then Aemon did know a lot about Targaryens and dragons. By rights Daenarys ought to be dead having viewed one funeral from the wrong seat of honour herself. Maybe Thoros is a red herring as well as priest, It is not their magic at play but Targaryen. Or maybe both: In Daenery's case, there was a witch woman involved too.

On 4/26/2016 at 10:16 PM, hallam said:

Sheesh, all these people yelling that the PRODUCERS GOT IT WRONG because the plot didn't work out the way they hoped. 

Shireen burns, get over it. It wasn't a surprise in the show because the books made it obvious that is where Stannis was headed.

I can't see what the whining about Dorne is all about. Dorne hasn't been on the screen for more than about 30 minutes total. And they iced one of Cersei's kids. People whined about the poison scene with Bronn then we saw the point with Myrcella's death. It was the same at the start of season 5 when people were complaining about the gay sex scene with Loras. The scene that the entire High Sparrow plot is hinged on.

I like the Dorne bits, they are stunning visually and they are establishing the sand snakes as a major threat to the Lannisters. And they have to be busy with something or else they might actually start taking notice of the white walker threat.

The show Sansa plot has actually got to an interesting juncture. Sansa has actually taken charge of something. After being a pawn in other people's schemes, she is now expected to stand on her own feet and to lead. GRRM is surely going to get there eventually. But the show has got us there quicker. And it isn't the travesty that people imagine when you understand that Sansa was originally going to have that plot line in the books and  GRRM introduced fake Arya as an afterthought because he couldn't move the characters about fast enough.

Wow.

12 hours ago, bent branch said:

Jon may indeed be dead in the books. I hope he isn't, because that means his story has an unhappy ending since resurrected individuals in the books aren't truly alive. But even if he is dead dead, he could still be the PTWP.

And yet appears they are adding Victarion's storyline this season. If it has no impact, I wonder why they are doing that?

ETA:  As both GRRM and D&D have said there will be a lot of differences between the books and show from this point on, I don't anticipate much being spoiled from the books. I guess actual reveal of Mel's age could be considered a spoiler, but it is a much anticipated one.

Jon's dead in the books. Let that soak in and get used to it.

What makes you think that? They've cast a Euron Greyjoy for Season 6, but no Victarion as far as I'm aware.

27 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

Jon's dead in the books. Let that soak in and get used to it.

What makes you think that? They've cast a Euron Greyjoy for Season 6, but no Victarion as far as I'm aware.

Fine. Jon will never be king then.

I didn't say Victarion will be in Season 6. I said his storyline will be and all indications are it will be.

1 minute ago, bent branch said:

Fine. Jon will never be king then.

I didn't say Victarion will be in Season 6. I said his storyline will be and all indications are it will be.

Why can't a living dead man be king?

I'm aware you didn't say Victarion will be in Season 6. I didn't say Victarion wouldn't be in the show - I asked why you think he will be. What are these indications you speak of?

2 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

Why can't a living dead man be king?

I'm aware you didn't say Victarion will be in Season 6. I didn't say Victarion wouldn't be in the show - I asked why you think he will be. What are these indications you speak of?

GRRM won't make a reanimated corpse king.

Again, you're misunderstanding what I said. Victarion has not been cast and won't appear in the show. However, that doesn't mean his storyline won't be in the show. From the what we see of Asha in some of the publicity stuff and Dany' ships being burned in the first episode, it looks like Asha will be fulfilling at least part of Victarion's storyline (taking ships to Dany).

10 minutes ago, bent branch said:

GRRM won't make a reanimated corpse king.

Again, you're misunderstanding what I said. Victarion has not been cast and won't appear in the show. However, that doesn't mean his storyline won't be in the show. From the what we see of Asha in some of the publicity stuff and Dany' ships being burned in the first episode, it looks like Asha will be fulfilling at least part of Victarion's storyline (taking ships to Dany).

And why won't GRRM make a reanimated corpse king - has he ever said that?

Oh his storyline, sorry missed that somehow. Yep - definitely looks like the Ironborn will be showing up in Slavers Bay with a fleet to take Dany to Westeros (hopefully sooner rather than later).

3 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

And why won't GRRM make a reanimated corpse king - has he ever said that?

I think he has. But I also think that's misdirection on his part because I think the question was put to him in the Thoros reanimation context rather than what most people think will be Jon warging to Ghost and back again thus not actually dying.

Winter has come
but where are the winds?
tired of analysis
and theories and hints

25-30 episodes for
a thousand pages or two
divergence is unfortunate
and deleting subplots too

players are being killed 
and pawns are shown as kings
FAegon Blackfyre or Dornish Plan,
or Pink Letter can mean nothing