Episode 2 - "Home" - Preview

The Dorne Ultimatum

31 minutes ago, Tooms said:

I don't see this. Jamie is still in love with his sister in the books, he is going through a very long period of doubt about who he is however. TV must be simpler, that's just the way of it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

He burned her letter asking him to "come at once" after she was arrested, took his own sweet time at Raventree, and then left with Brienne so he was nowhere near King's Landing when she had her Walk of Shame. And he thinks that he will have to face Cersei "if she's still alive" before he leaves with Brienne. Hardly the actions of a man so desperately in love that he tells Cersei there's no one in the world who matters but the two of them (which is totally a rehash of his season 1 lines.) So simpler =/= completely different.

39 minutes ago, Tooms said:

I don't see this. Jamie is still in love with his sister in the books, he is going through a very long period of doubt about who he is however. TV must be simpler, that's just the way of it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Yes, a man bitch slaps someone with his golden hand for insulting Brienne and burns the letter from Cersei calling for his help is totally in love with the latter and not the former.  

http://imgur.com/y5IdLn4 <-- Totally not romantic.

Or the Tarth Gaze.  

Or Brienne blatantly embarrassed when Cersei asks if she loves Jaime.

12 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

He burned her letter asking him to "come at once" after she was arrested, took his own sweet time at Raventree, and then left with Brienne so he was nowhere near King's Landing when she had her Walk of Shame. And he thinks that he will have to face Cersei "if she's still alive" before he leaves with Brienne. Hardly the actions of a man so desperately in love that he tells Cersei there's no one in the world who matters but the two of them (which is totally a rehash of his season 1 lines.) So simpler =/= completely different.

I think you're simplifying dramatically. He does still love her despite this, but he's changing as a person himself and no longer admires he traits anymore. 

HBO confirmed the synopsis for the episode:

Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) trains with the Three-Eyed Raven (Max von Sydow). In King’s Landing, Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) advises Tommen (Dean-Charles Chapman). Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) demands good news, but has to make his own. At Castle Black, the Night’s Watch stands behind Thorne (Owen Teale). Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon) proposes a plan, and Balon Greyjoy (Patrick Malahide) entertains other proposals.

Balon Greyjoy (Patrick Malahide) entertains other proposals.

:lmao:

I'm pleased that they saved Bran for episode 2. Episode 1 always seems so action-packed that it was a relief for me they decided to leave Bran for episode 2 where there is more room to breathe and have character development. Given that he skipped season 5. I think that his re-introduction needed more screen time than would be possible in episode 1. 

Also pleased - for the same reasons as above - that they have left the Iron Islands for episode 2.  I have my fingers crossed for Euron coming into the story in episode 2!!!

16 minutes ago, dornishdame said:

I'm pleased that they saved Bran for episode 2. Episode 1 always seems so action-packed that it was a relief for me they decided to leave Bran for episode 2 where there is more room to breathe and have character development. Given that he skipped season 5. I think that his re-introduction needed more screen time than would be possible in episode 1. 

Same. I felt that the premiere is more of a set-up to complete the cliffhangers from S5 and establishfew  plot points for this season. Such as with Sansa and Theon, it moved on to them running away instead of taking the time to show them surviving the fall. Same with Brienne. We didn't have a scene with Brienne knowing Sansa's escape, and only fast forward to her making it on time. For Ramsay. we didn't get to see his reaction upon learning Sansa and Reek's escape. In Mereen, it's revealed that Dany's fleet was burned. So this set up the plot where Dany makes alliance with the Greyjoy. I think that's why it felt rush as it didn't give enough time to focus everything.

Though i believe episode 2 will be the same, given with Bran's return, Balon dying to introduce Euron, Tyrion releasing the dragons, and Jon's supporters breaking their way out of the mutineers.

29 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Same. I felt that the premiere is more of a set-up to complete the cliffhangers from S5 and establishfew  plot points for this season. Such as with Sansa and Theon, it moved on to them running away instead of taking the time to show them surviving the fall. Same with Brienne. We didn't have a scene with Brienne knowing Sansa's escape, and only fast forward to her making it on time. For Ramsay. we didn't get to see his reaction upon learning Sansa and Reek's escape. In Mereen, it's revealed that Dany's fleet was burned. So this set up the plot where Dany makes alliance with the Greyjoy. I think that's why it felt rush as it didn't give enough time to focus everything.

Though i believe episode 2 will be the same, given with Bran's return, Balon dying to introduce Euron, Tyrion releasing the dragons, and Jon's supporters breaking their way out of the mutineers.

What about Jons body ? Wont the wildlings need to have arrived and does this mean Alliser and crew get taken out ?

I never thought jamie and his sister were in love they were in a creepy self destructive codependent relationship. Cersei is in love with herself (jamie seems to be a part of her to her when it is beneficial to her) using sex to control him. Jaime uses her for his own narcissistic self destructive behavioral affirmations of he cannot be good cause the world is crap and etc.... Jaime in the books is beginning to figure that out.

i don't think we are going to get much of anything at the wall with jon himself i guess that feels like an episode 3 thing. i love the low balling like Jon travels. 

46 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

What about Jons body ? Wont the wildlings need to have arrived and does this mean Alliser and crew get taken out ?

I honestly don't know what they are going to do in that scene. Since Jon's supporters are surrounded by Allister and his crew, it looks like they will kill them to get out.

54 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I honestly don't know what they are going to do in that scene. Since Jon's supporters are surrounded by Allister and his crew, it looks like they will kill them to get out.

i think edd is coming with the wildlings as we know they find out from the trailers. Allister plans to kill the men in the room and probably turn on the wildings maybe with bolton support? they attack there is a battle in the room the wildings come and kill the alister's men outside. 

Davos talks mel, who has lost faith. into trying to figure out something as everyone laments jon's death. At the end of the episode she tell everyone she is going to bring jon back to life. 

He could come back in episode 2, but it would require a lot of time to be spent on that storyline.  Melisandre will have to get over her doubts (conversing with Davos along the way) and the battle of the Night's Watch and wildlings will have to come to pass, and then whatever other intermediary conditions are necessary for the method he's brought back by.

So a couple of things about the preview: There better be a much longer Arya sequence this time! The footage looks awesome with Arya quickly learning how to fight without her sight. Also Brienne is finally telling Sansa about Arya! Maybe Sansa will have Brienne and Pod go to the Riverlands to search for her? And we'll start seeing Bran's visions!!!

35 minutes ago, WightsOfPassage said:

He could come back in episode 2, but it would require a lot of time to be spent on that storyline.  Melisandre will have to get over her doubts (conversing with Davos along the way) and the battle of the Night's Watch and wildlings will have to come to pass, and then whatever other intermediary conditions are necessary for the method he's brought back by.

yeah i doubt that we get enough time to bring back jon 

6 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

So a couple of things about the preview: There better be a much longer Arya sequence this time! The footage looks awesome with Arya quickly learning how to fight without her sight. Also Brienne is finally telling Sansa about Arya! Maybe Sansa will have Brienne and Pod go to the Riverlands to search for her? And we'll start seeing Bran's visions!!!

This has reminded me that arya and Mel have to meet again on the show. 

5 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

This better happen because show only fans do remember that moment. Also we need Gendry back d*mn it!

nothing would be a better of an awesome fan service moment than having arya run away from the waif and run into gendry. Arya kills the waif and is like "we got to leave!" and gendry is like "but i just got here?" shirtless of course. 

1 hour ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

i think edd is coming with the wildlings as we know they find out from the trailers. Allister plans to kill the men in the room and probably turn on the wildings maybe with bolton support? they attack there is a battle in the room the wildings come and kill the alister's men outside. 

Davos talks mel, who has lost faith. into trying to figure out something as everyone laments jon's death. At the end of the episode she tell everyone she is going to bring jon back to life. 

Yep, I agree this is a likely scenario. 

14 hours ago, Ben H'gahr said:

I agree. I think the "reanimation process" (whatever it is going to be in the end) will be initiated by the end of E2 and the result revealed in E3. Maybe the Davos scene from the trailer is in E2 (makes sense since AT's ultimatum is running out).

I know this was discussed somewhere else already, but what do you guys think about the likelihood of somebody wearing a "Jon glamour" all season long? That is, the world's favorite bastard is indeed to remain dead but somebody, well, walks around looking like him/rallying the northern lords etc?

I know this is somewhat silly, but still an idea worth exploring IMO.

Hmm...i really think he'll be back by  ep. 6-7 at the earliest.  it will be like a mid-season cliffhanger - if he comes back at all this season. Seems like they might have him come back in the last episode, even - his death was so hyped im having a hard time imagining them reviving him so soon...

Archived