Episode 2 - "Home" - Preview

The Dorne Ultimatum

Remember in the previews Davros has Jons sword(Longclaw).  Which I assume means Allister is dead since HE now has Jons sword doesn't he?  So how did Davros get the sword?  The wildlings must attack and somehow get the sword and give it to Davros?

11 hours ago, Tooms said:

I don't see this. Jamie is still in love with his sister in the books, he is going through a very long period of doubt about who he is however. TV must be simpler, that's just the way of it. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jaime did not reply Cersei's "need for help" letter cause of his suspicions of her loyalty in AFFC and remembered Brienne of Tarth in his memories. I think he started to like Brienne and his trust to her is not as much as like in TV series.

2 hours ago, Hodor&Bran said:

Remember in the previews Davros has Jons sword(Longclaw).  Which I assume means Allister is dead since HE now has Jons sword doesn't he?  So how did Davros get the sword?  The wildlings must attack and somehow get the sword and give it to Davros?

Nope, Davos has the sword in the scene where Alliser is breaking down the door. It's already in the room.

7 hours ago, VladimirDulud said:

Hmm...i really think he'll be back by  ep. 6-7 at the earliest.  it will be like a mid-season cliffhanger - if he comes back at all this season. Seems like they might have him come back in the last episode, even - his death was so hyped im having a hard time imagining them reviving him so soon...

no way it takes so long.

Have you seen the leaked pics from S6E9? He must come back way earlier than that

The show has only 13 episodes left after this season. For JonnyBoy to return in S7, this would be ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Hodor&Bran said:

Jon left the sword in his room. the room they are in right now. Allister is in that preview as well alive and well on the other side of the door. 

12 hours ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Maybe Sansa will have Brienne and Pod go to the Riverlands to search for her? And we'll start seeing Bran's visions!!!

I don't think Sansa will ever let Brienne out of her sight again, and quite frankly I dont think Brienne would leave her either.  She has already lost 2 people she was sworn to protect, I don't think she will risk losing another.

Of course, characters on shows tend to to stupid things these days, so sending away the only person who is sworn to protect you could happen.

13 hours ago, WightsOfPassage said:

He could come back in episode 2, but it would require a lot of time to be spent on that storyline.  Melisandre will have to get over her doubts (conversing with Davos along the way) and the battle of the Night's Watch and wildlings will have to come to pass, and then whatever other intermediary conditions are necessary for the method he's brought back by.

Actually, I think there's an alternate path to getting Jon rezzed in episode two, but you have to flip your expectations a bit about how Mel is gonna get her groove back... i.e. she's not going to get her faith back and then raise Jon, instead Jon is going to rise from the dead and that will restore her faith.

Here's how I could see it working with a minimum of screen time;

Castle Black Part 1 (early in the episode): Thorne makes his move on the Jon loyalists, but the Wildlings arrive and slaughter Thorne, Ollie and the rest of the mutineers.

Bran Part 1 (the very next scene in the episode): We catch back up with Bran, we are given the impression that he has seen the battle we've just witnessed as a vision and he is then shown a vision by Bloodraven of how Hodor was severely brain damaged (and the implication that he is more beast than man now).

Bran Part 2 (third to last scene of the episode): After some other scenes we return to the Weirwood beyond the Wall where Bran is shown a horrible vision of the future without Jon in it. Bloodraven tells him a sacrifice must be made and the camera pans to Hodor.

Castle Black Part 2 (second to last scene of episode): The Wildlings, Davos, Melisandre and the Jon Loyalists have gathered for Jon's funeral. The words are said and the fire is lit, but Jon does not burn... instead he stirs and walks out of the fire. This inspires the Wildlings and restores Mel's faith.

Bran Part 3 (final scene of episode): Bran cries over Hodor's corpse while Bloodraven assures him again that it was necessary and that it is time for him to see why... (setting up additional visions that culminate with the Tower of Joy).

That gets you Jon's resurrection and Mel's faith restored with a minimum of screen time at Castle Black while also developing Bran's storyline and just what sort of sacrifices he might need to make to do what "must be done" (along with the prospect that Bloodraven is manipulating him for his own ends) and leaving plenty of time to bring in Euron murdering Balon, Sansa and Brienne discussing Arya, Tyrion in Mereen, Jamie confronting the High Sparrow, Dany's wacky Dothraki adventure, etc.

Maybe we get Meera opposing the plan to sacrifice Hodor and becoming increasingly disheartened by what Bran is learning from Bloodraven, prompting her departure later in the season (so the guy with the flaming morning star can save her) as some added context. Maybe we get a scene between Davos and Melisandre about her faltering faith that add greater nuance... but that's the gravy not the meat of how they could pull off Jon's resurrection by the end of episode 2.

It also puts the focus on Jon's resurrection as 'destiny' and Jon as a Messiah-figure instead of it being basically a D&D Cleric deciding to cast "raise dead" on someone (in which case, people should be flocking to follow Mel for the power she displays and not Jon who was just the lucky beneficiary).

I think the scene with AT breaking down the door happens this episode.  It pretty much has to, unless they completely skip the wall in E2.  AT gave Davos until sunset right?  The last scene is Mel going to sleep, so it is probably fair to assume night has come.

Sorry, maybe this has already been discussed, but what could be the title about? Every single character is very far from something he/she can call home. Maybe the episode will be revolving around everyone resolve to go back to their "home"?

41 minutes ago, Marada78 said:

Sorry, maybe this has already been discussed, but what could be the title about? Every single character is very far from something he/she can call home. Maybe the episode will be revolving around everyone resolve to go back to their "home"?

Well i guess HBO has released a synopsis.  At first I thought it may be about Sam getting back to Horn Hill or Euron coming back to Pyke.  

It's hard to say, it could be about Bran seeing home or Jon coming "Home" too.  

Does anyone else think that some of the NW members, who are not in the room with Davos, will still be loyal to Jon and side with Edd/ the Wildlings? There were several angry men, still glaring at Thorne after his justification speech. Hopefully, some of them will side with the 4 loyalists. It would be unfortunate to see 3/4 of Jon's men be okay with his murder. That would leave the NW with only 5 members left, if they were to be killed by the Wildlings.  Thorne was right when he said letting the Wildlings pass the Wall would bring the NW to ruin, but that was all on him, not Jon. 

I think what has to happen before Mel brings Jon back, is she has to regain her confidence. Stannis wasn't Azor Ahai, Jon Snow didn't fight in a battle at Winterfell, and only 2/3 of her leeches worked. I think they might have saved Balon's death until now just for this reason. Once Euron kills his brother, and Melisandre finds out somehow, that could snap her out of it.

the other thing about taking a long time to resurrect jon is that he could rise as a wight. The nights watch have accepted for a while now that bodies must be burned, and quickly, to prevent them coming back. Obviously D&D can ignore this but I feel like someone in that back room would realize that they need to burn the body because it's not like that have any reason to think jon might be resurrected. 

29 minutes ago, Asshat by the Shadow said:

I think what has to happen before Mel brings Jon back, is she has to regain her confidence. Stannis wasn't Azor Ahai, Jon Snow didn't fight in a battle at Winterfell, and only 2/3 of her leeches worked. I think they might have saved Balon's death until now just for this reason. Once Euron kills his brother, and Melisandre finds out somehow, that could snap her out of it.

Meh... that makes the story all about Mel and requires a LOT of exposition to relay her inner thoughts and motivations. It also makes Mel the important one while Jon is just the lucky recipient of her power. That feels like a bad Dungeons & Dragons adventure, not heroic fantasy.

If you're going to have a Messiah-figure then let an actual god do the deed (the Old Gods/Bran or the Red God) and let that act restore Mel's faith. It keeps the focus on Jon as the Messiah-figure chosen by the gods while showing us rather than telling us how Mel regains her faith.

Also, Mel hearing that one of the targets of her leeches finally died, THREE YEARS after she cast her spell, feels like a very weaksauce reason to believe in her visions again. We're building up the climax here... Mel's faith needs to become an inferno not a guttering spark. The survivors of Thorne's mutiny burn Jon's body while Mel watches and, instead of being consumed, he's restored to life and walks out of the flames in everyone's presence... THAT'S the sort of miracle that turns faith into an inferno.

23 hours ago, Alyssa Eremie said:

in my opinion , if ge us dead and resurected , he is not an oathbreaker. offcourse that may differ from a pov to another.

anyway I hope Mel resurrects him, it's kind of silly building up his character arc and ended the way we know.

Death would be the oathbreaker. When I think of oaths in GOT I think Brienne and the Night's Watch the most. There are a couple others that are in the book but not really talked about in the show. 

If they bring back Jon Snow they are also going to free him from his oath to the Night's watch so it seems like a reference to him coming back. 

As for Lady Stark being established in the North....

The shows skipped Davos trying to rally the North to Stannis and there are clips showing him basically doing that. I think it will be a mix of Jon and Sansa getting the North ready for war. Jon will not come back as a Stark but he will be able to get the free folk to follow him. They also show Sansa in a nice dress. I don't think she is getting that at the Wall so they probably move around a bit. 

In the show the Boltons are really strong and it would take a lot to beat them. They(Sansa) may bring in Littlefinger as well. 

It is weird to imagine Sansa's plot at the wall without Jon there. 

The Home episode probably can't have too much going on with the battle that has to happen and the fact they have to reintroduce the iron islands and Bran. 

What if Mel is the bleeding star that is needed to wake the dragon (jon) out of stone (death)?  Mel might have realized that she needs to use her own blood to save Jon.    Mel = Bleeding Star

"It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

I anticipate that Mel's revelation of removing her artifice to expose a glamor - a theatre trick of light and shadow - an illusion - that this is a strong hint of what may transpire.

Someone will be "glamored" - and I am merely guessing, but I think Edd will be glamored to resemble Jon Snow so that he - playing Jon - can rout the wildlings to action against the traitorous brothers and then on to WF.

Meanwhile, Ghost and Jon will be involved in Bran's dreamscapes - and eventually the real JS Targaryen Stark will rise.

9 hours ago, Xarkar said:

I don't think Sansa will ever let Brienne out of her sight again, and quite frankly I dont think Brienne would leave her either.  She has already lost 2 people she was sworn to protect, I don't think she will risk losing another.

Of course, characters on shows tend to to stupid things these days, so sending away the only person who is sworn to protect you could happen.

Well in the trailer there's a quick clip of Brienne and Pod in Riverrun...

On 4/25/2016 at 11:06 AM, Ben H'gahr said:

I agree. I think the "reanimation process" (whatever it is going to be in the end) will be initiated by the end of E2 and the result revealed in E3. Maybe the Davos scene from the trailer is in E2 (makes sense since AT's ultimatum is running out).

I know this was discussed somewhere else already, but what do you guys think about the likelihood of somebody wearing a "Jon glamour" all season long? That is, the world's favorite bastard is indeed to remain dead but somebody, well, walks around looking like him/rallying the northern lords etc?

I know this is somewhat silly, but still an idea worth exploring IMO.

This is my idea - and has been since 2012!

The exposure of Mel's glamor is setting up the glamor of Edd or Davos as JS while the real JS is stored on ice and transported to WF WHERE the resurrection will take place in the crypts via the magic of Bran and the living magic in the walls of WF.

BR will die so that Jon can be reborn in ice and fire.  Ghost will live warged by BR as his final life,  A reanimated JS Stark-Targ will not need a wolf to warg; instead, Ghost will become the ice dragon with a wolf's face, red eyes, and wings.

Bran's powers will allow this to happen - and many other events to come.

Archived