6x01: D & D cleaning up after themselves

Mr Smith

What I really think about episode 1 of this season, having rewatched it, is that its simply a setting up and catching up job. Its basically putting the pieces in place to make the storylines of season 6 happen, and make sure you are aware of the transition from last season.

You could say its clearing the decks, but I think its simply that due to the rushed nature of many of the events, thats how it 'feels'. 

You could look at the Dorne plot and say they are clearing Doran out of the way to fix the Dorne storyline. But I'm now of the opinion that Doran was always on his way out and the SS were always going to be the main protagonists of that plot. They just did it a little clumsily. I don't think there was any significant reaction to last season, other than to make things get to the point even faster. 

On 4/26/2016 at 0:17 AM, wiredup said:

I rarely hear people outside of "the business" refer to producers as "showrunners". Looking at some of your older posts, it is consistent with your defensiveness of said showrunners. I think you have showed yor hand, sir. Also, "you" do it to yourselves? Not "we"? ;)

Take off your tinfoil hat, that word is quite common in discussions about this show. Its honestly that I just can't stand the level of vitriol. Don't like the show? Fine. Are the books better? of course. Does the show flub some things? ya. Are they trying to insult the fans deliberately or modify the story to punish fictional character? Well... that's when people have jumped off the deep end too much. 

Once the average level of vitriol gets high enough, which it already is on this site, then people think its ok to have full fledged rage over a TV show. And the personal attacks and paranoid thoughts start becoming acceptable. Its very unhealthy. It bothers me wherever I see it.

If you truly think I am involved with the show, I will prove to you that I am not. But if I do that, you have to admit you are being a bit too paranoid, and you probably should take it down a notch.

On 5/3/2016 at 3:25 AM, Reznak mo Reznak said:

Take off your tinfoil hat, that word is quite common in discussions about this show. Its honestly that I just can't stand the level of vitriol. Don't like the show? Fine. Are the books better? of course. Does the show flub some things? ya. Are they trying to insult the fans deliberately or modify the story to punish fictional character? Well... that's when people have jumped off the deep end too much. 

Once the average level of vitriol gets high enough, which it already is on this site, then people think its ok to have full fledged rage over a TV show. And the personal attacks and paranoid thoughts start becoming acceptable. Its very unhealthy. It bothers me wherever I see it.

If you truly think I am involved with the show, I will prove to you that I am not. But if I do that, you have to admit you are being a bit too paranoid, and you probably should take it down a notch.

Its amazing the amount of times someone will get accused of working for the show the minute they defend it, as if the millions of people who watch and love the show are some fictitious abnormality.

On April 25, 2016 at 0:51 PM, Good Guy Garlan said:

Dorne wasn't cleaning up after themselves. It was like getting rid of all the furniture in your living room, leaving only the glaring dog shit in the middle of the room, and then heaping even more shit on top of that. 

Congratulations. You made me LOL!

This is a very true statement, though.

Archived