....For Revenge

Yeah, you murder your family members to avenge the deaths of your family members. 

I know the Sand Snakes are hypocrites in the books ("Let's all murder a little boy, yay! Wait, Cersei wanted Trystane dead? What monster would murder a little boy?"), but this is a whole other level.

They've killed off the only interesting and bearable characters in Dorne. The Dornish storyline was one of my favourites in the books, and seeing it butchered like this is infuriating. It's clearly setting up for bigger things, but no one cares about Dorne anymore. 

I have a feeling that we'll see Dany land in Dorne next season (possibly with Yara) and see a lot of strong women leaders, girl power junk. It feels right up D&D's alley, but I pray that I'm wrong.

I think that Bronn and Tyene are going to meet up again this season, and then they get together and Bronn becomes the new Prince of Dorne, with House Bronn officially taking the place of the expired House Martell.

Okay, I don't really think that.  But seriously, all logic in the Dorne storyline is out the window at this point.

3 hours ago, WightsOfPassage said:

I think that Bronn and Tyene are going to meet up again this season, and then they get together and Bronn becomes the new Prince of Dorne, with House Bronn officially taking the place of the expired House Martell.

Okay, I don't really think that.  But seriously, all logic in the Dorne storyline is out the window at this point.

As crazy as that sounds, nothing would surprise me at the point with the Dorne storyline in the show.

10 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Yeah, maybe this was the better castle and better wife that Jaime promised him.;)

I can see it now. Bronn ruling Dorne with his "bad pussy" Sand Snake by his side :ack:

26 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

I don't recall, but is Trystane still aboard ship when they kill him? I don't see how those two could have reached him if he had been in the RK.

There is a lot of discussion about this same question. I confused the hell out of me as well. 

Apparently on the show kin slaying means nothing. Its ok for revenge, but if your name is Stannis the whole world deserves to collapse in on you and collectively end you.

10 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Well, D&d do seem to believe ASOIAF is about revenge. :dunno: "Needle is an instrument of revenge", Sansa's necklace is her Needle (which is revenge), etc, etc. I'm not surprised at all that "revenge" is their one-trick dog.

"Why that character did that??"

"Revenge".

D&D's ASOIF is about tits, rape, torture, multilation, graphic homosexuality, sexposition, rape disguised as hot incest beside the corpse of their son, Littlefinger conducting all business in his brothel, nonsensical murder for the purpose of violence, rape, tits, more rape, raping of main characters, "bad pussy," more tits, and some cock.

GRRM's themes seem to get in the way.

Archived