Is Jon's blood a dragon shape?

I'm going to go with the person up-thread who said what Davos was staring at was some unusual property of the blood rather than its shape... perhaps as suggested, that it hadn't yet frozen despite the body having already cooled significantly and the blood itself was in contact with the frozen ground for at least the same length of time (blood freezes at about 26F or -3C).

I'd definitely believe that as something Davos would find unexpected over the Rorschach test of the shape the blood took as it pooled.

Of course it looks like a dragon. Last season we got people talking about blood in the shape of a direwolf and now this. I guess people see what they want to see. It's just a lot of blood and Davos looked at it...there is no way they can help him. We tends to look and overanalyze things like this as book readers or fans of Game of Thrones in general. To look for little details.

I can see D&D having fan with all the over-analyzing viewers and their crazy theories, so they messed up with shape of the blood pool, just some harmless trolling the fans to add to "dead is dead" thing. I mean people started talking about color of his eyes, shape of the pool of blood immediately after season 5 finale. There was an interview where did talked about how they spent a lot of money on the shot of Jon's eyes to make it seen like he is actually dying, and how it backfired on them as crazy eye light/color theories abounded, so I can totally see them mess with the blood to finish the trolling.

I actually thought it was peculiar as to how little blood there was (especially compared to how much blood there was from another stabbing in the episode...)  also think he might have been looking because of the blood itself, not the shape. I can't see anything clearly in the same at all. 

9 hours ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

pretty sure that he was shocked at the amount of blood not the shape. 

Why would he be shocked ? Im sure hes seen enough dead bodies in his time. I dont see how hed be shocked at the amount whether it be too much or too little ? 

Truthfully, the blood spatter resembled Ghost as he was pawing at the door while howling for his dead master.  This transitions from howling Ghost at the close of Mother's Mercy.  Just my opinion?

10 hours ago, Myself656 said:

I'm going to go with the person up-thread who said what Davos was staring at was some unusual property of the blood rather than its shape... perhaps as suggested, that it hadn't yet frozen despite the body having already cooled significantly and the blood itself was in contact with the frozen ground for at least the same length of time (blood freezes at about 26F or -3C).

I'd definitely believe that as something Davos would find unexpected over the Rorschach test of the shape the blood took as it pooled.

I kind of like this idea, as it would probably make more sense in universe.

when watching the episode I immediately said to my wife I thought there was a shape in the snow. Then the shots of davos noticing sometime happened ( I think we can all agree he noticed something and we were intended to see him doing so.). My wife thought I was crazy and still does.

What I see when looking at it is the targ sigil, with jons head placement before he was moved to be one of the heads of the dragon C being one Head B wing D tail.

for the record I did not know anything about the wolf head in the blood in season 5.

Maybe its showing the change from stark to Targ.,,,Or we really just need book 6.

Nah, come on! Just no. This is ink blot reading. Maybe to some it is the shape of a dragon, to others it is the shape of baa baa black sheep, I do not believe the shape is of any importance. 

If anything, the point of the full shots of the blood is to emphasize that it hasn't dried.

Because it's warm because of the fire because he's kissed by fire, made by fire, indestructible by fire and everything by fire. He's the chosen prince boy who lived and was promised of house dauntless Gryffindor from district 12 and the heir to the iron throne of Gondor with the reforged Magic valyrian sword in the stone that even the dead white walkers of the secret passage of hardhome can't break. :rolleyes: I'm sure longclaw's core is dragon heart string too, just because there aren't enough fiction references and sarcasm in this post yet. as much as I'm a fan of R+L, I don't like Jon. 

On 4/26/2016 at 11:42 AM, Myself656 said:

I think this is right. When I was watching the episode I thought it was weird that Edd touched one of Jon's wounds and the blood was still wet. If Jon had laid in the snow overnight, shouldn't the blood from his wounds dried up, especially in that cold weather?

Long-time lurker, first time poster.

My gut reaction on first viewing, confirmed upon seeing the still, was a lot different than what everyone else is saying here.

lower case letters

What I saw was a lower case l and a lower case r.

I took it to be either:

A. The showrunners trolling fans of the L+R=J theory.

B. The crew having a little fun as they prepared the scene.

The so-called dragon was what was seen after Jon's body is moved. To me, that was just a smear. The l and r, as first seen, was the visual clue.

Anyway, just my two cents.

16 hours ago, JV said:

Before they lifted him, he was the third head of the Targaryen sigil.

I agree! There was a seen last season when Aemon tells Sam it's a terrible thing for a Targ to be alone in this world with no Targ family. Then Jon walks in the room right after he says this.(a hint)   Last season when Dany meets Tyrion she is wearing a necklace with three heads of the dragon. The very next eposide she is wearing a single dragon necklace before she flys off on Drogon. I think Tyrion is the third dragon. 

On 4/27/2016 at 9:15 PM, princess_snow said:

Why would he be shocked ? Im sure hes seen enough dead bodies in his time. I dont see how hed be shocked at the amount whether it be too much or too little ? 

Does he know he is dead at that point? even if he did believe it a person can be killed without spilling a single drop of blood. 

He went from jon has been attack to oh sht he is DEAD. 

Archived