Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Truth

So where in the heck was Trystane?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Clash said:

So it's not that terrible then. Glad to hear it.

On its own?  It's an utter meh.  As an adaptation, it's one of the worst I've ever seen (admittedly with some challenging material, but it doesn't excuse apathy).  

But meh compared to amazing is a far gap.  And getting told something meh is "the best TV show of today" makes you start to hate meh a whole lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

On its own?  It's an utter meh.  As an adaptation, it's one of the worst I've ever seen (admittedly with some challenging material, but it doesn't excuse apathy).  

But meh compared to amazing is a far gap.  And getting told something meh is "the best TV show of today" makes you start to hate meh a whole lot.  

For all that meh, it scores a lot of viewers and many awards.

You seem to yoyo between extolling great moments in it to dismissing it as one of the worst adaptations you've ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clash said:

For all that meh, it scores a lot of viewers and many awards.

You seem to yoyo between extolling great moments in it to dismissing it as one of the worst adaptations you've ever seen.

The vast majority of it is complete and utter shit adaptationally.  That doesn't mean there aren't a few nuggets of good corn in there.  

Completely divorced of everything around them, the book moments shine through the show like corn in a pile of shit.  Wash the crap off, and you probably can't tell the difference. That doesn't mean it's worth eating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

The vast majority of it is complete and utter shit adaptationally.  That doesn't mean there aren't a few nuggets of good corn in there.  

Completely divorced of everything around them, the books shine through like corn in a pile of shit.  Wash the crap off, and you probably can't tell the difference. That doesn't mean it's worth eating. 

I think you've mixed your metaphors a bit there. It'll be fine once you don't eat in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot belive people are willing to defend this steaming pile of story writing ...

A plothole is a plothole not because we do not see everything (we don't have to) but becuase it does not make sense. Sure one can come up with all kinds of ad hoc off-screen explanations but most of these explanations fall short of explaining every detail and creating coherent story. They do have not show us the obvious (Tywin taking a poop) but they have to give enough cues (and since this is on film, visual cues are the most obvious choice) so that the given scene should make sense for most of the viewers. As it is the scenes at CB, Winterfell and Dorne just do not make sense, and you can come up with all your off-screen explanations they still do not make sense. Now these are plotholes by definition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×