what will milisandre do now?

blckp

6 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Here is just one of the threads on the subject...

Throughout the book(s), there are tons of little nuances and connections between Shiera, Bloodraven, and Melisandre...so many that it, according to a lot of people (myself included), it could not be a mere coincidence.  It's a really interesting theory.

That's what I thought you were referring to. Thing is, there's been no mention of Bloodraven in the show up to this point. The character is known as the "Three Eyed Raven". Maybe there's a reveal to come, but that would require a hell of a lot of backstory. I highly doubt they take the time to go there.

1 minute ago, Ser Hyle said:

That's what I thought you were referring to. Thing is, there's been no mention of Bloodraven in the show up to this point. The character is known as the "Three Eyed Raven". Maybe there's a reveal to come, but that would require a hell of a lot of backstory. I highly doubt they take the time to go there.

The full quote is this and is believed to refer to the red comet and not Bloodraven.

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Bloodraven got his name from his birthmark, not so much the dripping blood variety of name.

15 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

Here is just one of the threads on the subject...

Throughout the book(s), there are tons of little nuances and connections between Shiera, Bloodraven, and Melisandre...so many that it, according to a lot of people (myself included), it could not be a mere coincidence.  It's a really interesting theory.

Throughout the show, there is no mention of Shiera, no connection between the Three Eyed Raven and Melisandre, and the whole S+B=M still sounds crackpot to me.

As much as I love to re-read the books and find theories in the forum, it's not like every minor character has a major connection to many others and through generations. I hope it won't end up that everyone is related to everyone by the end of ADoS.

6 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

Well, in the brief synopsis released about episode 2 of this season, it says Bran is training with Bloodraven, so at least in the show, it looks like they will be revealing a little more.

They very well could scrap the whole "Mel is Bloodravens Daughter" in the show due to the interest of time and condensing the plot, though.  I *do* think this is the direction GRRM is going to go in the book(s), but the show is already shown us to be doing it's own thing, so it'll probably be scrapped and never mentioned.  But I could be wrong.  I think the next episode or two will reveal to us what direction they are going.

Perhaps Mel doesn't have anything to do with Jon's resurrection.   Perhaps it is the Lord of Light that raises from him directly from a burning funeral pyre, for example, much like Daenerys was "born again" in fire.  this would make sense if Jon is in fact of Targaryen blood.   To me, that would make for a more convincing, Azor Ahai come again….but this is only speculation.

26 minutes ago, Captain Condor said:

Perhaps Mel doesn't have anything to do with Jon's resurrection.   Perhaps it is the Lord of Light that raises from him directly from a burning funeral pyre, for example, much like Daenerys was "born again" in fire.  this would make sense if Jon is in fact of Targaryen blood.   To me, that would make for a more convincing, Azor Ahai come again….but this is only speculation.

Mel will resurrect him. It's been obvious to me since they first made the point of her learning that Thoros resurrected Dondarrion and then showed her coming back to Castle Black at the end of S5.

3 hours ago, Ser Hyle said:

Mel will resurrect him. It's been obvious to me since they first made the point of her learning that Thoros resurrected Dondarrion and then showed her coming back to Castle Black at the end of S5.

Where else was she going to go?

It may be obvious, but those resurrections are less than perfect. There's also the added wrinkle that Jon may be currently residing in Ghost.

On April 29, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Ser Hyle said:

Agreed. It seems completely obvious when those points are taken together.

Thoros has always maintained that he wasn't the one who resurrected Beric. Showing himself to be a “bad” red priest and of little faith could be Martin trying to tell us something, too: that indeed it was not by faith that Beric was reanimated, but something else.

If Melisandre does make the effort now when her faith is so shaken, we should be especially careful about attributing any results to her own abilities rather than to those of some other agent in the tale, one with greater motivation for this outcome than Mel has.

Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him.

It now seems clear that all of Bran's dreams were sent by the last greenseer.  Did Lord Brynden somehow “see” the future, or did he merely plan it?  

Prophecy is much easier to countenance if the would-be prophet takes an active hand in making sure the promised future comes to pass.

The same can be said for the visions the warlocks of Qarth showed Dany when she was there: those too could have been sent by Bloodraven, which would account for the similarities.

I have watched you for a long time, watched you with a thousand eyes and one. I saw your birth, and that of your lord father before you.

Why did Bloodraven watch the birth not just of Bran but of his father, Ned?  Because the greenseer was watching the results unfolding in the northern branch of his breeding program that was designed to bring about Bran's creation, just like his southern breeding program brought about the line of Aerys and Rhaella, and eventually of Jon.

This explains why some of the hands in the assassination seemed to be doing things of their own volition, including even Jon's own when it became strangely stiff and clumsy. They were being helped or hindered by Brynden Rivers, for he had plans of his own to fulfill, ones long in the making. 

On 4/29/2016 at 5:08 PM, Clash said:

Where else was she going to go?

It may be obvious, but those resurrections are less than perfect. There's also the added wrinkle that Jon may be currently residing in Ghost.

It looks like we got both - she resurrected his body and he warged back into it from Ghost.

Archived