Free Essos Map by Klaradox

Hi fandom of ASOIAF,

I am new to this forum but planning to spend hours of my life here, hehe.

Last year I made a hand-drawn Westeros map which a lot of you have probably seen already in the History of Westeros podcasts. For the last months I have been working on gigantic digital drawing of Essos. Not only will it include the map itself but also iconic images of the rich history of Essos and its many gods as well. Check out a preview and step by step images in my facebook galery.

Now here's the exciting part: This map will be totally free for anyone to download in high resolution from my website. There will be a jpeg Version which you can print out as a poster of up to 3 meters but there's also going to be an editable Photoshop file where you can change the names and iconic images. You could translate the map into Chinese or Russian or Dothraki, you can put a picture of your favourite mother-in-law dragon in it etc.

So stay tuned until the map is finished (probably in May).

Klaradox (Micha)

• 3 weeks later...

Great map.  When places fell off one of the book maps, I made my own map as well.  I enlarged the book's outlines using the old graph paper method.  I added new cities when information became available.

Your decorations are beautiful, and your compass rose is astounding

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realized you posted a thread here, Klaradox! I know you just finished the final god for the pantheon, so it will be soon that the final version can be posted! I'm excited to see what/who people switch out the gods for, or iconic images...should end up seeing some very funny versions.

Archived