Jon Snow is dead ...

kanid99

What is they werent lying. What if Jon Snow IS dead. But, what if to fulfill her visions of Jon she saw in the fire, and in order to keep order at the wall Melisandre makes a Jon Snow ?

Besides Jon himself resurrecting, the next most fantastic thing to happen would be that Jon himself arrives with the Wildlings, or that is someone glamoured to look like Jon Snow, and accuses Thorne of lying and betraying the watch and everyone turns on the conspirators. The only ones who would know the REAL truth would be the loyalists by Jons corpse who would have a vested interest to hide the evidence and possibly keep up the ruse ...

2 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon is dead as we saw it. I don't want anyone to be glamoured as him. That would be terrible like Bran wargining him and using him and using him that way. Someone proosed it.

I agree. It would be really cheesy and anti climactic if this happened. Not to mention bad writing, and GRRM is not a bad writer. Besides he has said Jon will learn of his parentage.  

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Jon is dead as we saw it. I don't want anyone to be glamoured as him. That would be terrible like Bran wargining him and using him that way. Someone proposed it.

I would prefer Jon to stay dead.  I know I would enjoy the show and the books more if he just stayed dead, even if Bran took his place as the POV character in the north. 

I hate the idea of glamoured Jon. I've seen a few people suggest it. Apart from saggy old Melisandre, they haven't touched on the subject of glamouring on the show, and that was just her staying young, not someone glamoured as someone else. I can't see it happening in the show to be honest.

I hate the idea of glamoured Jon. I've seen a few people suggest it. Apart from saggy old Melisandre, they haven't touched on the subject of glamouring on the show, and that was just her staying young, not someone glamoured as someone else. I can't see it happening in the show to be honest.

4 hours ago, Clash said:

Perhaps they'll go outside again and make a Jon Snowman. :D

:lmao:

I haven't done any thorough research to see if anyone has the same theory as me...but remember last years last episode. Jon was talking to Sam... Sam was recently beat up pretty bad and Jon just did a very brief mention indicating how good he looked for just getting beaten to a pulp. Now couple that with the fact that Sam and him are the only 2 whom have killed white walkers....my theory is that it gives them some form of fast healing powers and Jon Snow is not dead but simply healing and he will come back to life. This has to be it because it makes sense. I have thought of this since the end of last seasons episode and haven't heard anyone else come up with this. Thoughts...?

I think in the sixth novel Jon is warged by Bran into Theon's body once Theon is excecuted at the heart tree. Bran will heal Theon's wounds during the resurrection. Part of the reason why I think this that Theon, alll along, has been kind of a reversed mirror image of Jon in the novels, and has a claim to be Azor Ahai, since he was born amid 'salt and smoke (of a war)', and probably also killed his illegitmate children (his Nissa Nissa) on the course to becoming Reek, and rediscovering himself. His ultimate purpose, however, is to serve as a vessel for Jon. Also, he has definite symbolic links to The Stranger, among the characters one can associate with the Nine, which signifies fluidity of identity as well as the vicissitudes of death.

On 4/30/2016 at 8:43 PM, RadSam said:

Well, there are the Faceless Men. I would think they would partially use glamouring in conjunction with the faces from the Hall of Faces.

25 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Well, there are the Faceless Men. I would think they would partially use glamouring in conjunction with the faces from the Hall of Faces.

True, but I don't connect what the FM do with the type of glamour Mel does

9 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

I don't either, but you implied that they haven't touched on the subject of glamouring until Mel and I just provided a potential example. It could be that the FM don't use glamour at all, but it seems to me that they do.

I don't see what the FM do as glamour, but you're right. It would be quite easy to pass it off as the same sort of thing. I still hate the idea of someone glamoured as Jon though.

23 minutes ago, RadSam said:

I don't see what the FM do as glamour, but you're right. It would be quite easy to pass it off as the same sort of thing. I still hate the idea of someone glamoured as Jon though.

I hate the idea too. It would ruin the build up from his death and what is currently going on in ep 1. Doesnt make sense to me to do this.

Archived