Ned's darker side (Tinfoil)

19 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

Dany is special. I talked about this with an obsessed friend of mine and I think we cracked the mystery surrounding Dany. Rhaegar was obsessed about prophecies and named his children according to the three dragons ("The dragon has three heads") who conquered Westeros: Aegon, Rhaenys and Visenya. The name Dany hears Rhaegar scream before he died is not "Lyanna" like everyone's expecting, it's her birth name "Visenya".

All those silly theories about three dragon riders and the way too easy R+L=J -theory are just that, silly. Daenerys is one of the three dragon heads, the other two being Aegon and Rhaenys. That's why the "child of three" is brought up in the House of the Undying. That is why she has all these visions about Rhaegar, Lyanna and the Starks. They are all about the very same thing: Dany is Visenya Targaryen, the daughter of Rhaegar and Lyanna. The visions are not a collection of information from random characters, they are ALL about her. This revelation ties her to the Starks but it also raises the profile of the newly revealed Aegon. If he is truly is her brother, then he too will have a great part in this story and it would explain why GRRM introduced him so late in the story. We don't need him until we find out that Dany is actually Visenya and Rhaegar managed to fulfill "something" with his children. And if Dany was hidden in Dorne, then Dorne's profile is raised just in time for this revelation. That is why Dorne was written into the story so late.

I'm not buying the "timeline". The age difference between Dany and Jon is a matter of months and both have been given birth to under mysterious circumstances. The only POV character we get is Ned and he is only interested in Rhaegar (for the first time in many years) when the topic of Dany pops up. And I'm not buying the importance of "why didn't Viserys say anything"? He was a little boy who grew up with his niece as his sister for many years. They're relatives and he took care of her for so long. Clearly he's fond of her. She's the only family he's got left. It isn't until selling his mother's crown that he becomes bitter and angry. I see only silly little excuses for R+L=J like the timeline or why didn't anyone say anything. When you look at the big elements and the way Dany's prophecies are written, it's perfectly clear that the revelation is something much larger than just Jon being the son of Rhaegar.

I'm not sure about Jon's parentage just yet. That needs another night of brainstorming. But I'm 100% sure that Dany is Visenya, Rhaegar's daughter.

Dany is not Rhaegar and Lyanna's daughter. Where do y'all come up with these theories? 

GRRM actually confirmed that Rhaegar died saying Lyanna's not no Visenya. Really? Really??

On 4/29/2016 at 4:50 PM, Dc Castillo said:

I was just reading some of the theories of Jon's parentage and I thought of a sort of out there and uncharacteristic theory about Ned.

Going along with the theory that Jon is the son of Brandon and Ashara, that would make Jon the rightful heir to Winterfell, not Ned.

What if Ned kept Jon's parentage a secret because he wanted to step out of his brother's shadow to be the Lord of Winterfell.

I understand this doesn't sound like Ned and I have no evidence to back this up, I just wanted to see what are some of your thoughts.

Brandon and Ashara would have had to be married for a child of theirs to be heir to Winterfell over Ned. But Brandon died too long before Jon's birth for them to be father and son.

12 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

Do you have a suorce on that?

The app confirms it. GRRM himself has worked on it- so we can take it as truth.
(X)

So the official George and his publisher approved World of Ice and Fire app is available. I can attest to the fact that he personally worked on this project, because I sat and took notes as we went over hundreds of questions on random Ice and Fire arcana. No, it didn't delay Winds of Winter. I made him do it while he ate lunch. Yes, he complains when I make him work during lunch.

On 5/11/2016 at 7:50 AM, MakeThemBurn said:

I'm not sure about Jon's parentage just yet. That needs another night of brainstorming. But I'm 100% sure that Dany is Visenya, Rhaegar's daughter.

100% sure? It's an interesting theory, but there's a lot more evidence against it than for it. 

Archived