Background Music appreciation thread

robasp2

After watching Season 6 episode 1 - The red woman.

I have to say one thing. The background music was fantastic.. Most people just appreciate the intro music but don't notice the fine details.

1) The music when Theon and Sansa were running. It built up the tension. I was genuinly more scared for them just because of the music. It brought an urgency tone to the scene.

2) Dothraki horde - The music was different and majestic. It conveyed the power of the dothraki in Essos

Anyone else noticed this?

Or did you feel some other scene was also made awesome by the music?

1 hour ago, robasp2 said:

After watching Season 6 episode 1 - The red woman.

I have to say one thing. The background music was fantastic.. Most people just appreciate the intro music but don't notice the fine details.

1) The music when Theon and Sansa were running. It built up the tension. I was genuinly more scared for them just because of the music. It brought an urgency tone to the scene.

2) Dothraki horde - The music was different and majestic. It conveyed the power of the dothraki in Essos

Anyone else noticed this?

Or did you feel some other scene was also made awesome by the music?

Yes, especially the Sansa and Theon chase scene. That really struck me. Incidental music is often very much in the background and you hardly notice it, but that section particularly, really engaged me.

It still seriously impresses me that Ramin Djiwadi came up with the title music in just six weeks after the original composer was fired. Art of the Title's work was aslo groundbreaking and exceptional.

Archived