Ran

16 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

We don't really have a POV at Winterfell now, right? Would Martin write his dead off-page?

What are you on? you think the book and show are the same? Stannis is going to conquer Winterfell, Stannis will kill Roose.

Balon FINALLY falls off the bridge! This is the episode I've been waiting for since the end of season 3. 

I looked up spoilers on Wikipedia because the hotel I'm staying at had technical difficulties with their TV. I'm definitely watching the re-run.

Book 3 material in season 6!!!!

7 minutes ago, Faint said:

Given that she, you know, resurrected him, I think it only right Jon lets her roast them alive for good weather on the way to Winterfell.

I agree: Jon letting his Resurrectrix burn all the traitors alive seems only fitting. Plus it saves having to sharpen the axe first, since they’re just going to burn them after they’re dead anyway. Otherwise they’ll just get all blue-eyed on them.

2 minutes ago, marsyao said:

Ah, I forget you are talking about the show NW, my fault, milady

What are you talking about? Book and show NW are all criminals. And anyway, comparing the show to the books, especially now, is ridiculous. 

For someone who complains about the show as much as you have been, I don't know why you even bother watching it.

Really good, entertaining episode. Yeah the dialogue has taken a dip, but whatever man...I'll wait on the books for that shit.

I'm excited for next week, and I'm already prepping a rewatch for tonights show. 

Wish Roose could hang around a bit longer but it was expected. Too bad Olly didnt die yet. Kinda hoping they give him to Ghost.

You'll see less posts this week. People prefer to critique something than praise it.

9 minutes ago, RadSam said:

What are you talking about? Book and show NW are all criminals. And anyway, comparing the show to the books, especially now, is ridiculous. 

For someone who complains about the show as much as you have been, I don't know why you even bother watching it.

I agree with you, the show now become ridiculous

I was fine with how Roose went out (it's completely in line with something Ramsay would do), with how quickly Jon came back (they have too much to cover for his story to have dragged it out), the NW refusing to fight (most of them were already torn and unhappy with what Thorne did, it wouldn't have taken much, just Edd's little push and, you know, being unnumbered and a giant to sway them to drop their weapons). 

Much more enjoyable to me than episode 1.

Props to the show for not trying to milk Jon's return any longer.  I felt that while it was a rather subdued ritual it fit.  I even felt that when Mel said please that was an interesting way of showing her crisis of faith.  She still seems as if she's not fully confident but what she did do was show faith... faith enough to continue the ritual through to completion... imagine how Tormund is going to feel after stalking away...  the camera focusing on Ghost made me think it was an ode to Jon's spirit residing within Ghost, very likely how the books will unravel as well.  

Good scenes with Bran, nice setup and foreshadowing for Meera and possibly even Hodor.

Pretty fair scenes in Meereen but the cock and pussy jokes feel quite juvenile, especially when they're capable of being much better orators/speakers.  Nice lil scene with the Dragons... let 'em loose!

A lil eh about the Sansa/Theon scene... not sure her character should let him go but I can live with it.

Good scenes in the Iron Islands, though fully expected, would've been cooler if Balon had stabbed Euron's eye out but it gets the ball rolling after being idle for so long.

Good scenes in KL, nice slow reveal about the Faith and their goals... gonna reach a head real soon.  I guess Jaime is back to being a D.I.C.K.... but he is more interesting in that sense.  

Some further setup with a few payoffs... wonder now if Ramsay will be the one to kill Roose in the books, totally saw this coming in the show just not so soon... glad to know ye Roose, take a seat with the rest of the dead cast.

Overall not bad, not fabulous but it had some really strong points.

The show is proving that the books, as they are, are truly unfilmable. Can anyone imagine if the show tried to keep the  Aegon storyline, or Tyrion's utterly pointless meandering through Essos, or the near-total absence of Sansa for the last 16 years (No Sansa for nearly three seasons, imagine that.)