Ran

Just now, King Onion Knight said:

Like when theres a bad episode, I will shit on it. I know the show has issues, but this was a good episode in my eyes. No point in crying over spilled milk some of the elitist fans are annoying af. 

I'm with you there. 

OMG...OMG. I had to keep from screaming, but that was a pretty cool scene. I knew that Ghost would give something away. Now, my question is: did Mel really do it, or is it happenstance? Can't wait for next week and everyone's reaction. Too bad Thorne and company may not witness it.

17 minutes ago, King Onion Knight said:

Like when theres a bad episode, I will shit on it. I know the show has issues, but this was a good episode in my eyes. No point in crying over spilled milk some of the elitist fans are annoying af. 

Hey I still enjoyed it, lots of theories confirmed, lots of action. Production is amazing.

but Id be lying if I didnt notice how much of a nosedive the writing and dialogue has taken

Overall this was a good episode. When I saw Brann's scene I shouted "That's why I watch this show for!". By the end of the season we'll know of Jon's true parentage, I suppose. Tyrion scene went as boring as expected, with him being a badass. Iron Islands are becoming more interesting with Balon dead, perhaps they could forget Dorne (pretty please).

I never thought of saying this but I hated that Roose died. We all know that Ramsay is worse than Joffrey, but they try (too hard) to paint him as the greatest villain of all times, killing Fat Walda along with the little baby was stupid, killing Roose was even more. Ramsay may be murderous bastard, but both in books and show he's not dumb, it felt to me they were just using this move as ploy to have all northern lords insurged against Ramsay so he can meet his demise.

A good episode. Much better than the first. 

Loved the flashback scene. Any little bit of pre-GoT is welcomed. Except for that duel wielding nonsense we're getting next week. 

Even with Jaime's completely new direction, I still find myself enjoying the Lannister story.

I guess the only two scenes I have mixed feelings on were Jon's revival and Ramsay's kin slaying. The Braavos plot I honestly just don't care for. Don't care about it in the books either.

The resurrection just felt underwhelming. Personally I blame it more on GRRM than the show. It was just so predictable that he was going to live, that it seems like he shouldn't have killed Jon in the first place. Also, it would be pretty lame if all it takes for Mel to bring people back was a little bit of chanting.

The Ramsay scene was well done. I actually felt bad for Roose oddly enough, and the Walda scene was just sad. Still, I'm a little sick of the whole invincible Ramsay thing. Then again, his invincibility in the show is amusing. Lord of the North. Slayer of Stannis. Master of Twenty Goodmen. Greatest tactical mind in planetos. All hail our god and savior Ramsay Bolton!

2 minutes ago, AstronautMargaery said:

Overall this was a good episode. When I saw Brann's scene I shouted "That's why I watch this show for!". By the end of the season we'll know of Jon's true parentage, I suppose. Tyrion scene went as boring as expected, with him being a badass. Iron Islands are becoming more interesting with Balon dead, perhaps they could forget Dorne (pretty please).

I never thought of saying this but I hated that Roose died. We all know that Ramsay is worse than Joffrey, but they try (too hard) to paint him as the greatest villain of all times, killing Fat Walda along with the little baby was stupid, killing Roose was even more. Ramsay may be murderous bastard, but both in books and show he's not dumb, it felt to me they were just using this move as ploy to have all northern lords insurged against Ramsay so he can meet his demise.

Personally, Ramsay killing Roose didn't strike me as dumb. Ramsay uses fear to do whatever he wants, and it's actually perfectly plausible that people would follow Ramsay because he killed Roose, who they fear more than anyone. That's the danger of someone like Ramsay; fear is his primary weapon, so he will do whatever it takes to continue to instill fear in his followers and enemies alike. Of course it will come back to bite him eventually, but for now, I actually like the way they went with it. I understand where you're coming from though.

I gasped more with Roose's death than with Jon's rebirth. Probably because we all saw the latter one coming.

Now... The Warden Of The North dies poisoned by their enemies just as his new son is born... then this child and his mother mysteriously disappear too. Can Ramsay really get away with this? Nobody among Bolton's bannermen will think something is wrong? Why would Lord Karstark allow it without saying anything? Seems really weak so far.

That said, I hope the famous "episode 9" of this season consists completely of Bran's flashbacks. Can't get enough of those.

2 minutes ago, Twenty of House Goodmen said:

The resurrection just felt underwhelming. Personally I blame it more on GRRM than the show. It was just so predictable that he was going to live, that it seems like he shouldn't have killed Jon in the first place.

I have to agree I was watching all these people freak out online elsewhere and the only thing I could think was it all that surprising?  The only thing I hoping is there some lasting negative consequences for Jon related to his death.

Overall a good episode. Bran and the Iron Islands is very interesting. Appreciate Balon chose to fight instead of run. And the scene between Tommen and Cersei was very strong. 

I agree with those who say the quality of the writing has dropped - Tyrion and Varys aren't quite as witty as they used to be. That said, I can't really fault the writers for that. They are on a tight schedule and can't be expected to put out in a couple months what George works on for years. It sucks, but I saw it coming. 

I don't like the way Roose died. While Ramsay's motivations are totally believable, the fact that any Norther lord, or even the House Bolton foot soldiers, would consolidate behind such an obvious and dangerous psychopath is not. So it's hard for me to beieve the Karstaks, or anyone, would prefer him to Roose. 

But as Roose said, "If you act like a mad dog..." -  I'm sure his lack of political acumen will be his downfall later this season. 

Edited by gregorio
grammar

4 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

Personally, Ramsay killing Roose didn't strike me as dumb. Ramsay uses fear to do whatever he wants, and it's actually perfectly plausible that people would follow Ramsay because he killed Roose, who they fear more than anyone. That's the danger of someone like Ramsay; fear is his primary weapon, so he will do whatever it takes to continue to instill fear in his followers and enemies alike. Of course it will come back to bite him eventually, but for now, I actually like the way they went with it. I understand where you're coming from though.

In Show's POV, I think I agree with you, partially. Unfortunately we don't get much insight on how northern lords feel about Roose and, mainly, Ramsay, I don't think that resentful Karstak counts much on that.

I think that this was an awesome episode, I have no complaints what so ever. I am able to separate the books and the show, and still enjoy them both. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I was really worried Tyrion was gonna merge storylines with Quentyn

I will miss Roose. I sensed redemption in his future, but I guess it's not to be. I'm not the least bit shocked about Fat Walda and the heir. I am hopeful that their murder will spur retaliation from the Twins. (They still have Edmure, correct? Theoretically?) Someone has to stop Ramsay, and Walder Frey may just be the man vicious enough to do it well.

So, Euron was on the bridge, Aeron was in the water...when will Victarion appear? I'd given up hope on this story line making it on the show. (Actually, I hoped it wouldn't make it. It does nothing for me.)

I'm very glad to see Tyrion's rapport with the dragons. I hope this supports a long-standing theory (and moves this plot along).

Overall I'm pleased. Not enough time with any character but that's the nature of the beast. SO excited for TOJ!!

Anyone get the feeling that Arya is going to put the Waif on her list?  Might be a good show twist to get her in trouble with the HoB&W as she's got to get moving eventually... and like Jon staying dead, Aryan has about the same chance of becoming/staying 'no-one'.