Ran

11 minutes ago, BlackwaterPark said:

I gasped more with Roose's death than with Jon's rebirth. Probably because we all saw the latter one coming.

Now... The Warden Of The North dies poisoned by their enemies just as his new son is born... then this child and his mother mysteriously disappear too. Can Ramsay really get away with this? Nobody among Bolton's bannermen will think something is wrong? Why would Lord Karstark allow it without saying anything? Seems really weak so far.

That said, I hope the famous "episode 9" of this season consists completely of Bran's flashbacks. Can't get enough of those.

I'm wondering if we'll see Ramsay's demise next episode.  Everyone is focusing on the Tower of Joy scene shown in the preview for next week, but there's a quick bit with Ramsay - someone (presumably the Karstark guy) says "we brought you a gift, and you see Ramsay turn around with a big smile on his face.

I can see him being extremely confident only to turn around for his "gift", with someone saying "The North Remembers" as they gut him.  They've apparently cast the Smalljon for this season, so perhaps it will be him.

However...in the previews for the whole season, we've seen glimpses of a big battle, with the Bolton bannermen on one side, so it's unlikely they'll be marching to battle if they have no lord.  And I'm not sure why the Karstarks would be anti-Bolton's at the moment.

Ok, nitpicky time, so the show didn't give Starks black hair except Jon. Whose father is Rhaegar and mother is Lyanna. Then why the heck does Lyanna have light brown/sandy blond hair :c . I know it's a stupid thing to complain about but c'mon :c

I liked the stuff with Bran and King's Landing but I'm getting pretty tired of Ramsay's bullshit. I didn't like that Roose died just like that. Oh and I wished Jon's return was a bit more epic. His return wouldn't be surprising anyway so I wish the execution had been more grand/shocking.

17 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

I'm wondering if we'll see Ramsay's demise next episode.  Everyone is focusing on the Tower of Joy scene shown in the preview for next week, but there's a quick bit with Ramsay - someone (presumably the Karstark guy) says "we brought you a gift, and you see Ramsay turn around with a big smile on his face.

I can see him being extremely confident only to turn around for his "gift", with someone saying "The North Remembers" as they gut him.  They've apparently cast the Smalljon for this season, so perhaps it will be him.

However...in the previews for the whole season, we've seen glimpses of a big battle, with the Bolton bannermen on one side, so it's unlikely they'll be marching to battle if they have no lord.  And I'm not sure why the Karstarks would be anti-Bolton's at the moment.

That was the SmallJon is believe bringing a gift, which is Rickon. I'm pretty sure. Although  not sure where Shaggy may be.

The CotF talking about Bran not being there forever. Will he leave soon? Or does she mean in the same way BR has been there for 100 or so years and is now going/dying/whatever is happening that he won't be there forever?

I'm thinking the Karstarks will soon realise their mistake and turn back to the Starks. 

I'm glad the talk of glamour Jon can end. That was making me uneasy.

I'm happy to see Theon going home. It'll be nice seeing him reunited with Yara (unless she's gone by then). Not sure how his interactions with Euron will go, but I can't wait.

3 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

That was the SmallJon is believe bringing a gift, which is Rickon. I'm pretty sure. Although  not sure where Shaggy may be.

Indeed. Karstark seemed to be sitting next do Ramsey when he asks why the long-haired guy came to Winterfell. Not to mention Ramsey looked quite pleased in the next scene, and the guy was standing behind him, which to me means Ramsey was looking at "the gift" and he likes it. But then again Ramsey is a seriously sadisdic dude, so maybe the gift was not really a "gift", but something showing that the Umbers are still loyal to the Starks and Ramsey was just thinking of the many ways he could kill the guy.

Oh please,

Roose was totally going to get knifed by Ramsay if the child was a boy. And as for fat Walder and his brother, it was a matter of how, not if he murdered them.

The significant bit here was that he murdered Roose in front of Karstark. Which will surely have serious consequences later. Ramsay is proving he can't be trusted.

Roose had to go so that Ramsay can do the full crazy.

13 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Honestly, do we need Ramsay to either kill or torture Rickon (as that is why he would do) in order for us to know he is bad guy?

5 minutes ago, hallam said:

Oh please,

Roose was totally going to get knifed by Ramsay if the child was a boy. And as for fat Walder and his brother, it was a matter of how, not if he murdered them.

The significant bit here was that he murdered Roose in front of Karstark. Which will surely have serious consequences later. Ramsay is proving he can't be trusted.

Roose had to go so that Ramsay can do the full crazy.

The thing that got me was that Ramsey couldn't look his father in the eyes when he stabbed him. You'd figure he'd look straight at him and sneer. IDK what to make of that.

Edited by Ludo Kressh

Well, that was some major league bs they were trying to feed us. So, I guess besides St. Tyrion, D&D's favourite character is indeed Ramsay Sue. He is a genius, who outwits his cold, ruthless, calculating father. And how? By managing to get the northern lords on his side, Well, Karstark at least. And with the power of his charm I guess, because he has nothing else. A used-to-be bastard highborn son openly kills his father and no one bats an eye, now that's an accomplishment right there. Not only that, he's also a master tactician and strategist. But I suppose the Roose is not loose anymore, huh? And what was up with that awkward-as-hell hug? They seriously couldn't come up with a better way for Ramsay to off him? I bet they were thinking what geniouses they were because it mirrored how Roose killed Robb. Well that alone doesn't make it good, I'm sorry. And why would Roose let his guard down like that? It's even out of character for TV Roose to do so. And now that Ramsay killed his newborn brother, who will be his heir? I guess he plans on getting Sansa back to produce one, but just in case he should have let the baby live. Anyway, just like with every death on GoT nowadays, I feel sorry for the actor who did a great job with the piss poor material he was given. R.I.P. TV Roose.

On other fronts, we have Balon finally dying, killed by Euron, as suspected. What's up with relatives killing each other in the last two episodes? Does kinslaying bother no one anymore? 

Arya was fine, whatever, I liked her storyline last season, but now it seems to be going nowhere. We'll see.

Jon was resurrected, now that's a giant freaking surprise. All that hype, speculation and secrecy around his death, only to be resurrected 2 episodes in. D&D are visionaries, I'm telling you. That's quality stuff right there.

To be honest, I kinda felt like Bran, in the sense that I didn't want the flashback to stop because it looked more interesting than anything happening on the show right now.

Oh and one more thing. Am I the only one who's bothered by all the freaking recastings all the time? It just takes me out of the story completely. For exapmle, what was the point of recasting the three-eyed Raven other than having Max von Sydow to play him. The same thing happened last year with Myrcella.

59 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Hate to break it to you, but that 'gift' is probably

Rickon Stark [spoiler/]

19 minutes ago, The Boastful Knight said:

Well, that was some major league bs they were trying to feed us. So, I guess besides St. Tyrion, D&D's favourite character is indeed Ramsay Sue. He is a genius, who outwits his cold, ruthless, calculating father. And how? By managing to get the northern lords on his side, Well, Karstark at least. And with the power of his charm I guess, because he has nothing else. A used-to-be bastard highborn son openly kills his father and no one bats an eye, now that's an accomplishment right there. Not only that, he's also a master tactician and strategist. But I suppose the Roose is not loose anymore, huh? And what was up with that awkward-as-hell hug? They seriously couldn't come up with a better way for Ramsay to off him? I bet they were thinking what geniouses they were because it mirrored how Roose killed Robb. Well that alone doesn't make it good, I'm sorry. And why would Roose let his guard down like that? It's even out of character for TV Roose to do so. And now that Ramsay killed his newborn brother, who will be his heir? I guess he plans on getting Sansa back to produce one, but just in case he should have let the baby live. Anyway, just like with every death on GoT nowadays, I feel sorry for the actor who did a great job with the piss poor material he was given. R.I.P. TV Roose.

On other fronts, we have Balon finally dying, killed by Euron, as suspected. What's up with relatives killing each other in the last two episodes? Does kinslaying bother no one anymore? 

Arya was fine, whatever, I liked her storyline last season, but now it seems to be going nowhere. We'll see.

Jon was resurrected, now that's a giant freaking surprise. All that hype, speculation and secrecy around his death, only to be resurrected 2 episodes in. D&D are visionaries, I'm telling you. That's quality stuff right there.

To be honest, I kinda felt like Bran, in the sense that I didn't want the flashback to stop because it looked more interesting than anything happening on the show right now.

Oh and one more thing. Am I the only one who's bothered by all the freaking recastings all the time? It just takes me out of the story completely. For exapmle, what was the point of recasting the three-eyed Raven other than having Max von Sydow to play him. The same thing happened last year with Myrcella.

Yes. To all of this. 

And also, could someone BESIDES Davos had begged Mel for magic. We set up seasons of Davos hating/being afraid of her magic. And then today he 'magically' oh Mels, can't you do a little hocus pocus for us? That line couldn't have been delivered by anyone else? They just assassinated the character they set up.

50 minutes ago, RadSam said:

The CotF talking about Bran not being there forever. Will he leave soon? Or does she mean in the same way BR has been there for 100 or so years and is now going/dying/whatever is happening that he won't be there forever?

I'm thinking the Karstarks will soon realise their mistake and turn back to the Starks. 

I'm glad the talk of glamour Jon can end. That was making me uneasy.

I'm happy to see Theon going home. It'll be nice seeing him reunited with Yara (unless she's gone by then). Not sure how his interactions with Euron will go, but I can't wait.

What was the glamour Jon talk? I haven't heard of this.

2 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

What was the glamour Jon talk? I haven't heard of this.

People were suggesting that Jon wouldn't come back, but someone (Edd a few said) would be glamoured as Jon.

17 minutes ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

Wow. That was a great episode. Finally, a good reminder of why we watch this show. I'm back on board now. I was about ready to jump ship after last season, but they reeled me back in. 

10 minutes ago, MercyTheBlindUglyLittleCat said:

I feel you.

yep, that was the stuff.

Edited by Timett sonof Timett is God

9 minutes ago, Terez said:

Um, no shit Sherlock, but she died from childbirth, so if her death was caused by her willfulness, then she wasn't raped. Besides, the books make it pretty clear that Rhaegar was a good guy. He just thought he had to have more children, and Elia couldn't give him any more, and she was Dornish and not very uptight when it came to sex.

Yeah, no need to be rude, I don't even think she was kidnapped, I said I was making a point to the other user. though if she died from childbirth then her death is caused by childbirth, not because she is willfull. Maybe you can say that she managed to live as long as she did to speak with Ned because she is willful.

And Rheager the "good guy" could have married to someone else (as Targaryens did) who was not Lyanna if he wanted another child instead of ..you know starting a war knowingly.

Edited by MotherofStrife